Feeling GOOD about Packers vs Browns

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
I am finally over the loss vs detroit (3 days later). I am reading articles (the same as all of you) and watching the TV, and am getting my confidence back. I knew after the loss, the defense played good. It was just our offense was blah.

But now, with Ahmad "Holding #28" Carroll benched, and possibly moved to DIME back (note: Jim Bates comments the other day), due to Mike Hawkins getting time this sunday. So the depth chart might actually read - Harris,Thomas,Hawkins,Carroll. Sherman was THINKING about pulling carroll during the game, but lacked the balls to do it. Bates sounded(this was before the game, mind you) like he didnt want carroll in AT ALL. Now it looks like the Carroll experiment is over for now and the winning should get back on course.

That was...until Javon Walker got an MRI and is out for the year. Now this doesn't bother me as much as some people. Driver had 1,200 yards last year. Ferguson has been waiting to break out. Dont believe me? Just ask him. WE have had a DriverFerguson combo before and..made it to the playoffs. That was then. NOW...they are BETTER than ever. Chatman has supposedly improved(I havent seen it, but ill take their word) and we are making moves to get someone in at WR. Ahman is in contract year..so the run game(unless he cramps up again) should get into full gear. The guards did GOOD, people. They went up against 2 very dominat DTs and held their own.

With that said....THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

We are so lucky to have this game on our schedule early(New Orleans too). This way, we're not getting slaughtered early while we struggle. Our practice squad should be able to put up a good fight against those 2 clubs, Im assuming favre and company can win those.

Thomas will be playing #2 CB, and Carroll probably #3. Last I checked Cleveland didnt even HAVE a 3rd reciever (this is sarcasm, their 3rd WR is not very good)..so as long as Al does his thing, Thomas plays decent, Carroll keeps his hands in his pocket, and the running defense does good again, then we should be just fine. It might be a little uglier than we'd like..but it SHOULD be a win.

What do you guys think?
 

jdlax

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 17, 2004
Messages
818
Reaction score
0
Location
Burnaby, B.C.
Unless someone is injured and I don't know about it, Braylon Edwards, Dennis Northcutt, and Antonio Bryant is a very competent team of WRs.
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
Edwards - Rookie. How did Javon walker do as a rookie? Edwards is talented..but..cmon.

Northcutt - Overrated

Antonio Bryant - A poor mans Ferguson

Oh, and by the way...Trent Dilfer is their QB...so they could have Moss,Moss, and Moss, and it wouldnt the same, cuz of Dilfer.
 

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland, WI
tromadz said:
I am finally over the loss vs detroit (3 days later). I am reading articles (the same as all of you) and watching the TV, and am getting my confidence back. I knew after the loss, the defense played good. It was just our offense was blah.

But now, with Ahmad "Holding #28" Carroll benched, and possibly moved to DIME back (note: Jim Bates comments the other day), due to Mike Hawkins getting time this sunday. So the depth chart might actually read - Harris,Thomas,Hawkins,Carroll. Sherman was THINKING about pulling carroll during the game, but lacked the balls to do it. Bates sounded(this was before the game, mind you) like he didnt want carroll in AT ALL. Now it looks like the Carroll experiment is over for now and the winning should get back on course.

That was...until Javon Walker got an MRI and is out for the year. Now this doesn't bother me as much as some people. Driver had 1,200 yards last year. Ferguson has been waiting to break out. Dont believe me? Just ask him. WE have had a DriverFerguson combo before and..made it to the playoffs. That was then. NOW...they are BETTER than ever. Chatman has supposedly improved(I havent seen it, but ill take their word) and we are making moves to get someone in at WR. Ahman is in contract year..so the run game(unless he cramps up again) should get into full gear. The guards did GOOD, people. They went up against 2 very dominat DTs and held their own.

With that said....THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

We are so lucky to have this game on our schedule early(New Orleans too). This way, we're not getting slaughtered early while we struggle. Our practice squad should be able to put up a good fight against those 2 clubs, Im assuming favre and company can win those.

Thomas will be playing #2 CB, and Carroll probably #3. Last I checked Cleveland didnt even HAVE a 3rd reciever (this is sarcasm, their 3rd WR is not very good)..so as long as Al does his thing, Thomas plays decent, Carroll keeps his hands in his pocket, and the running defense does good again, then we should be just fine. It might be a little uglier than we'd like..but it SHOULD be a win.

What do you guys think?

Well Trom, lets hope for the best. I wouldnt underestimate the Browns though. Got to watch them and be prepared.
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
I think the packers are a lot more pissed and disappointed than any of us are. They will gameplan good, I hope. Bates seems to be taking more control of the defense and calling the shots, so thats good news.

Offense...will never be that bad again, even if aaron rodgers was in..
 

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland, WI
tromadz said:
I think the packers are a lot more pissed and disappointed than any of us are. They will gameplan good, I hope. Bates seems to be taking more control of the defense and calling the shots, so thats good news.

Offense...will never be that bad again, even if aaron rodgers was in..

I am sure that Favre was pretty disappointed the way his offense played. He should get them pretty motivated. Git er done.
 

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
My thinking is the Pack will come back strong, most teams with any talent do after a game like we had. But I don't believe this will be an easy game as the Browns may look at it as a win opportunity after our dismal showing last week. We're still going to have to be ready, I hope the crowd is really into it.
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
tromadz said:
I am finally over the loss vs detroit (3 days later). I am reading articles (the same as all of you) and watching the TV, and am getting my confidence back. I knew after the loss, the defense played good. It was just our offense was blah.

But now, with Ahmad "Holding #28" Carroll benched, and possibly moved to DIME back (note: Jim Bates comments the other day), due to Mike Hawkins getting time this sunday. So the depth chart might actually read - Harris,Thomas,Hawkins,Carroll. Sherman was THINKING about pulling carroll during the game, but lacked the balls to do it. Bates sounded(this was before the game, mind you) like he didnt want carroll in AT ALL. Now it looks like the Carroll experiment is over for now and the winning should get back on course.

That was...until Javon Walker got an MRI and is out for the year. Now this doesn't bother me as much as some people. Driver had 1,200 yards last year. Ferguson has been waiting to break out. Dont believe me? Just ask him. WE have had a DriverFerguson combo before and..made it to the playoffs. That was then. NOW...they are BETTER than ever. Chatman has supposedly improved(I havent seen it, but ill take their word) and we are making moves to get someone in at WR. Ahman is in contract year..so the run game(unless he cramps up again) should get into full gear. The guards did GOOD, people. They went up against 2 very dominat DTs and held their own.

With that said....THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

We are so lucky to have this game on our schedule early(New Orleans too). This way, we're not getting slaughtered early while we struggle. Our practice squad should be able to put up a good fight against those 2 clubs, Im assuming favre and company can win those.

Thomas will be playing #2 CB, and Carroll probably #3. Last I checked Cleveland didnt even HAVE a 3rd reciever (this is sarcasm, their 3rd WR is not very good)..so as long as Al does his thing, Thomas plays decent, Carroll keeps his hands in his pocket, and the running defense does good again, then we should be just fine. It might be a little uglier than we'd like..but it SHOULD be a win.

What do you guys think?



i think its time for fergie to prove he is as good as chris chambers, franks to make some plays over the middle of the feild, and hopefully our "D" will step up and make some plays, and keep the penalties down. it almost seems as though carroll is a convicted felon, the refs are watching him.
 

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
757
Reaction score
1
Location
California Gold
Well, I am looking for the Pack to rebound this week. My brother is going to Vegas this weekend so I asked him to put a few $$ on Green Bay. :mrgreen:
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
PackerChick said:
tromadz said:
I think the packers are a lot more pissed and disappointed than any of us are. They will gameplan good, I hope. Bates seems to be taking more control of the defense and calling the shots, so thats good news.

Offense...will never be that bad again, even if aaron rodgers was in..

I am sure that Favre was pretty disappointed the way his offense played. He should get them pretty motivated. Git er done.



hopefully A. Green will have more than 12 carries. :lol:
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
he cramped up. that happened a lot this week 1. Happened to lamont jordan too. I expect things to get better there.
 

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Wisconsin
tromadz said:
he cramped up. that happened a lot this week 1. Happened to lamont jordan too. I expect things to get better there.


joey thomas will start instead of carroll, so there souldn't be as many penalties.
 

Philtration

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
tromadz said:
Edwards - Rookie. How did Javon walker do as a rookie? Edwards is talented..but..cmon.

Northcutt - Overrated

Antonio Bryant - A poor mans Ferguson

Oh, and by the way...Trent Dilfer is their QB...so they could have Moss,Moss, and Moss, and it wouldnt the same, cuz of Dilfer.
And the Lions had Joey Harrington at QB and the Packers got their *** kicked.
 

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
I feel pretty good about facing the Browns. My only concern would be they play a 3-4 defense which our offense sometimes struggles against, but the Browns have a bad D-line so I'm expecting better results from our offense this week.
 

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
0
Location
Guadalajara, Mexico
I wish I could be more positive but I am still worried after last week I copuldnt remember any game in wich we looked so poor on the ofense, everytime we got a 1&10 I got surprised... I am really worried, one good thing is that they will bench Carroll and about Sherman
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
Edwards - Rookie. How did Javon walker do as a rookie? Edwards is talented..but..cmon.

Northcutt - Overrated

Antonio Bryant - A poor mans Ferguson

Oh, and by the way...Trent Dilfer is their QB...so they could have Moss,Moss, and Moss, and it wouldnt the same, cuz of Dilfer.
And the Lions had Joey Harrington at QB and the Packers got their *** kicked.


And the lions had 167 pass yards
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
Also, one of the reasons The Dolphins beat the New England PAtriots last yaer when Jim Bates was head coach was...THE OFFENSE! You have to know offense to do defense, and vice versa....just give Bates the job now.
 

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
742
Reaction score
0
Location
91214
I hope we never under estimate anyone in this league. We need to pund on the Browns and never let up. To gain confience we need to score often and maintain drives. Time to ignite this team, the fans, and the league that last week was our F.U. like we have every year (AZ).
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
Favre wont let the offense get cocky..nobody gets cocky after a loss, and an injury..so...thinking GB would ever underestimate a team is dumb. Some of us fans might underestimate them, but not the team. This is a team that lost to Arizona AND Chicago last year. Yeah, I think they know better...
 
Top