favre's starting streak record may hold for quite a while longer

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
looks like peyton manning may miss week 1, who is currently the only threat to favres starting streak record. idk about yall but im excited he'll get to hold on to this record for a long time :happy0005:

Indianapolis Colts add Kerry Collins; sources doubt Peyton Manning ready - ESPN

and for the record, im not a favre lover (or hater).

I agree, it is nice to see that Favre's record will be held a little longer if the news is accurate. I'm a Manning hater though, and if I had to choose between Favre and Manning in support, it would be Favre, he took some mighty big hits and was a allowed to play through some tough times which I don't think is possible anymore.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna refrain from posting my thoughts because I want us to truly forget Favre.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I''m inclined to believe what Tony Dungy said recently. Only way Manning doesn't play is if he's dead.
Going way off topic here:
Is it just me or does Tony's head look like it could be crushed as easily as a grape?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well this makes me happy.

I hate Peyton Manning for many reasons.

But if I had to pick Favre or Manning, I'd chose Brett in a heart beat, cause he was the man that made me love football when I was young.

Peyton can go back home to New Orleans and sit in the same city that his old man played for that proved just how OVERRATED his *** is when he blew his chance of beating Favre with a second ring.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good! I don't like either Mannings and I hope , Brett keeps this record for a long time.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Except that he plays for another team, why the “hate” for Peyton Manning? He’s one of the great QBs to play the game and has more responsibility at the LOS than any QB in the game today. From a distance, he seems like a decent human being to me.

As for Favre, if you aren’t a Favre “lover”, why would you be “excited” if he holds onto the starting streak record for a long time? I don’t care if he does or not as it won’t change my opinion of him one way or another.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
While Peyton is a great quarterback, you cannot deny he is one of the most overrated to ever play the game, and that his receivers have made him look better than he truly is. Last year without his starting lineup of WR's, look at all the picks he threw. I don't hate hate him, but I do not like him, cause that's what I have to hear about before anyone plays the Colts. They got Manning, so they will win.

Before the Super Bowl back in '09, they were comparing him to Montana, thinking he could eventually be "better" than him. Manning was the reason "they were going to win the Super Bowl" No one gave the Saints a chance because Manning is just god that can never screw up. That's not counting all the playoff loses in his career.

He's a good player, but very very very overrated.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning is Favre. Huge numbers. 1 title. He is grouped with all those big number QBs. Some with a title some not. Tarkenton, Marino, ect.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
While Peyton is a great quarterback, you cannot deny he is one of the most overrated to ever play the game, and that his receivers have made him look better than he truly is. Last year without his starting lineup of WR's, look at all the picks he threw. I don't hate hate him, but I do not like him, cause that's what I have to hear about before anyone plays the Colts. They got Manning, so they will win.

Before the Super Bowl back in '09, they were comparing him to Montana, thinking he could eventually be "better" than him. Manning was the reason "they were going to win the Super Bowl" No one gave the Saints a chance because Manning is just god that can never screw up. That's not counting all the playoff loses in his career.

Hard to argue that he's overrated. Every good quarterback has good receivers. Joe Montana had Jerry Rice and John Taylor. Favre had Freeman and Brooks. Aaron Rodgers has the best receiving corps in the league.

Even with the injuries to his wide receivers last year that you brought up he threw for 4700 yards, 33 TDs, and 17 picks. Not to metion he completed 66% of his passes which is a higher completion percentage than the year he won the Super Bowl. He also completed 450 passes last year, which is the most he's ever completed in one season. So you're argument about him being overrated really isn't based on any actual statistic. Not to mention the fact that he's never had decent running game behind him.

By contrast Aaron Rodgers, who none of us would argue is overrated, completed 65% of his passes, threw for 3900 yards, 28 TDs, and 11 picks.

Peyton is still one of the top three quarterbacks in the league. I am not a Peyton Manning fan, I am a football fan, and to say that he is overrated is to ignore stats and common sense.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Well AllouezPackerFan does deny he’s one of the most overrated to every play, so it can be done. :) Even though you believe he is overrated, why dislike him? Your quarrel seems to be with those who support him, not Manning himself. Certainly Peyton can’t control how others view him, including those in and out of the media who overrate him in your opinion.

BTW, Marino is one of the best QBs I’ve ever seen but I understand others downgrade him because he didn’t win a title. I also understand downgrading Manning because he’s only won one. But I’ll post this again: One thing that does separate him from other QBs during his career is the amount of responsibility for play-calling placed upon him during games. And since you, yourself, call him a "great quarterback", how overrated can he be?

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Favre keeps that record forever. He truly earned it. Besides, Manning has played how many games indoors? Not a fan of his but I'd take him over Brady at least.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Overrated? Really?

Based on what? How many rings he doesn't have? That would mean Dan Marino was overrated too. Postseason losses? Marino and Favre have both lost more playoff games. Elway has lost more Super Bowls.

Manning has thrown twice as many touchdown passes as he has picks over his career. He's also hrown at least 25 TD passes every year since coming into the league.

Like him or not, he's one of the best there is and far from ovverrated.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated? Really?

Based on what? How many rings he doesn't have? That would mean Dan Marino was overrated too. Postseason losses? Marino and Favre have both lost more playoff games. Elway has lost more Super Bowls.

Manning has thrown twice as many touchdown passes as he has picks over his career. He's also hrown at least 25 TD passes every year since coming into the league.

Like him or not, he's one of the best there is and far from ovverrated.
All the QBs you've mentioned are overrated. My two cents. There's reasoning behind that, but it'll take quite a while to demonstrate.

In short, postseason performance. Not losses or wins, performance as a whole. Not saying they're not HoF worthy, they are. But they're overrated. The only one lacking in this group is Aikman...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where Bogart is coming from calling Peyton overrated.
The kind of QB Peyton is with all the hype that comes with it, makes him seem like he should be better than he is with playoff and SB wins.
Yes, he looks good on paper but not in the post. So that, in my book, makes him overrated.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I understand where Bogart is coming from calling Peyton overrated.
The kind of QB Peyton is with all the hype that comes with it, makes him seem like he should be better than he is with playoff and SB wins.
Yes, he looks good on paper but not in the post. So that, in my book, makes him overrated.

Look at the stats I put in a previous post. Manning is not overrated. He's not. Go to the stats and prove it.

Members online