1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Statistics add up to a bounce-back season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Thought we could use a touch of PACKERS talk to seperate the Moss talk ;)

2. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Interesting. Scored three points more, yet won FOUR games more. That's an improved defense, right?

3. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...or maybe it was an easier schedule.

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Do the math and share it with us.

5. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    • Green Bay's starters missed a combined 13 games due to injury. In 2005, the Packers missed 66 starts due to injury.

• The Packers had 12 players finish the season on injured reserve. Not one was a starter, though.

The main reason we were 4-12 in 2005....look up!

Every team has injuries but 2005 was ridiculous. That said, the 2006 roster looks to be younger, stronger and should keep improving.

With no major injuries, Packers moving in the right direction, 10-6 or even 12-4 in 2007!!!!!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I am with you Zero, it was an improved defense..

Penalties were way down from 2005, does that reflect on Mike M and shows the team is disciplined??

I know about the 12 men in huddle crap, but overall I think it shows the coaches were teaching proper techniques..

I really think if the team had a go to guy in the red zone ( BUBBA WHERE WERE YOU) or a better running game in the red zone, this team could have had a few more wins.

Last point..........WTF is this ?
    "fantastically ordinary"
    LOL

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That struck me as odd, because I'd have expected more running by McCarthy. Makes sense though, after all with the injuries to Green and Morency, and neither one being able to step it up the options were limited.

That stat suggests to me that the coaches are putting the players in a spot to do something after the catch. In the end, you can't ask anything more than that, IMO.

Wow, that was...... well let's just say when you are just ahead of the
    Raiders in an offensive category, it's not exactly the best of things. A good running game should help improve that, and I do look for it to be improved next season.

Well I guess free weights are better. :)

Well that is most impressive! The thing is that seeing as we did start 3 rookies at some point or another on the o-line, I think the number can definitely improve.

8. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    we went 5-1 in our conference. i can definetly see 6-0 next year.