Favre

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett will come back and play for 2 or 3 more years . If the Pack can get a good defense we will win it all :!:

PackerBuff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you, and until today all indications have been the Brett is coming back. But Driver's comments really have me worried. I know Brett can still play, and I still think he will come back, probably for one more year.

PackerBuff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was reported on Packersnews.com and I also saw it on ESPN.

Report: Driver thinks Favre will retire

In the opinion of Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver, quarterback Brett Favre is going to retire.

In an interview with Sirius NFL Radio Tuesday morning, Driver was asked if Favre will return next season.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has too much class not to tell the Packer organization of his decision before he told Driver.
I believe this was said by Driver in an attempt to get some media attention during Super Bowl week. That is too bad that he would do that as I have thought quite highly of him.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well - I think I'll give Driver this one.... but no more....
He may have been tossled around by the Press guy doing the Interview to gain a line for inventing this stream we now see... Not sure who the Interviewer on Sirius Radio was - but - I'd bet he worked for either ESPN, or USA Today....

Can anyone follow that up?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rhino58 said:
Me and my dad think he still has one more season left in him.

I think he has atleast 2. He threw over 4000 yds and over 30 tds last year, there are quite a few who cant do that in their career.

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone wants Brett back, i know sherman wants to know his decision before the draft, maybe Brett wants some assurances from the front office that they will go out and draft, or trade, or pick up someone who will step up for the defense. this season had to be ******* him, he knew how great the offense would be, that is why he said "Super Bowl or bust" again. the defense needs to be attended to along with what is going to happen on the O-line. i believe he just wants to know that the team is going to head in the right direction for them to contend against the eagles and the rest of the NFC. WHEN he comes back it will be because the front office will have made assurances that the defense will be helped and they will head for detroit twice next year, once in the Super Bowl and send one of the greatest of all-time out on the right note.

Pack fan from Indiana

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IU_packfan said:
everyone wants Brett back, i know sherman wants to know his decision before the draft, maybe Brett wants some assurances from the front office that they will go out and draft, or trade, or pick up someone who will step up for the defense. this season had to be ******* him, he knew how great the offense would be, that is why he said "Super Bowl or bust" again.
Agree totally - Brett was trying in his quiet way to fire up this Team. Not sure if this is a generational gap in the Locker Room or not..
IU_packfan said:
...the defense needs to be attended to along with what is going to happen on the O-line. i believe he just wants to know that the team is going to head in the right direction for them to contend against the eagles and the rest of the NFC.
I think he (Brett) thought they would focus on that this last year, totally - 'course, so did everyone else - and then the Draft of BJ Sander fiasco came & went.. Sherman blew his chunk right there & then....
IU_packfan said:
WHEN... he comes back.... it will be because the Front Office will have made assurances that the defense will be helped and they will head for Detroit "twice" next year, once (second trip) in the Super Bowl and send one of the greatest of all-time out on the right note. --- Pack fan from Indiana
I don't know a Packerfan out there that doesn't speak this sentiment in almost every conversation they have about our Team. With some of the great Players we've had year in and year out - You'd think the Pack would have at least one Superbowl win per decade... eh?

Members online

Latest posts