Favre unintentionally makes Bears fans cry

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Bears Fans:

Everywhere but Halas Hall, it was a riot the other day when Brett Favre tried in vain to recite the 21 Bears quarterbacks who have started for his NFC North rival since his first game as a Packer.

But innocent or not, Favre's routine openly mocked the Bears. Favre didn't intend to poke fun at anybody in response to a question, but every laugh -- and he was funny -- came at the Bears' expense. Every punch line should have felt like a punch to the gut for the franchise still looking for the next Sid Luckman 57 years later.

"Uh, let's see ... [Jim] Harbaugh. [Rex] Grossman,'' an amused Favre said at the podium in Green Bay. "Was [Jim] McMahon, was he a starter? I don't think so. Peter Tom Willis, maybe? Is that one?"

Yes, good ol' P.T. Willis started two games for the Bears during his inglorious two-year run from 1992-93. Just saying Peter Tom Willis out loud usually draws a chuckle. Good one, Brett.

Don't forget Moses Moreno's start in 1998, as forgettable as it was.

"Yeah, him too,'' Favre said. "Henry Burris maybe?''

Sure, "Happy Hank,'' made Bears fans anything but in his only start in 2002. Yuk, yuk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That writer is so bitter. I love living in Chicago and hearing the pain and torture in the voice of Bears fans. It helps me sleep at night.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts