Tyni's 3.24 Mock - Post King Announcement -

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some feel this changes nothing...but it does for me. King is far from what I want outside opposite Jaire, but I get it. The team is high on him, shoot Davante praised the crap out of him in that video interview where he and Richard Sherman talked routes, reads and such. Sullivan is also coming back...CB is still something I want to come out of this but I'm going a different route now most likely - especially if Newsome is gone and the sub 8 RAS Asante Samuel Jr put up...

I call this one "Winning In The Trenches" - yes @Favre>Rodgers259 as you know you and I share similar thoughts often in draft approach, despite sometimes quite fervor difference on prospect opinions...the King signing changed our mindset in a very similar way.

FYI Packer fan base will hate this as it ignores skill positions till very late.

#29 - Christian Barmore iDL - Look I struggle to draft one of the few DL I feel could be a team's #1 given we have Kenny Clark. I typically would say let's compliment him not present "possibly his eventual successor" - BUT dear lord give me this DL (Clark, Barmore, Keke, Lowry..and others) YES! Barmore already has many of the tools drooled over by teams, here he will contribute out the gate but also provide Clark some incredible assistance he just hasn't gotten. My DT#1.

#62 - Quinn Meinerz iOL - Yes, I don't have Quinn graded quite this high, but yes I don't want to wait till the 3rd for him and his ceiling is incredible. I've thought about some pure Centers here, but I prefer someone with interior versatility at both guard spots AND has shown immense promise at center too in his senior bowl, pro day and workouts. His swing ability assists us greatly on the interior and I think will start somewhere in the middle. He is my iOL#5

#92 - Paulson Adebo - CB - Many know I'm much higher on him than some. What once was ranked as the 2nd or 3rd best CB possibly entering the 2020 draft - Adebo was hurt by the 2020 covid season...but he shined at his pro-day with the measurables and while quite a few have passed him arguably and he doesn't fall in my locked rankings of CBs - he is in that CB9-CB12 area for me. Do not be surprised should he overcome King by the season's end or shine if King is injured (which is quite often over his years).

#135 - Josh Ball - OT - Allow for Dillon/Deguara type reactions...........breathe........yup you didn't misread. Ball to me is the 13th/14th best tackle in this draft. I'm done allowing pundits or others expected spots dictate my draft the touch I allow it to. (Meinerz illustrated this as well). Josh's biggest obstacle to justify sliding up to EARLY Day 3 is a teams' opinion of any character issues which could linger from his issues at FSU. To me I see a different young man now vs then - his size is incredible, his length special - his height will need taught to not get too tall but I project him to be more than capable to hold down RT should a team need him there.

#142 - Daelin Hayes - EDGE/DE - I keep seeing him chatted a Day2/early Day3 type and love him if here. Can stand and play or put hand in the dirt and assist in winning the trenches. Stout chiseled frame not in need of anything additionally. Clark and the other front 7 are smiling again as he joins Barmore in the class of assistance.

#173 - Tony Fields II - LB - Here we go again with Tyni "reaching" to many on a prospect. Fields started out at Arizona and shined, came over to West Virginia for his senior campaign. Undersized linebacker built like a big safety that FLIES around the field. He reminds me of Owusu from ND in his undersized nature, but is much more willing to torpedo into a fight. His size means often times while willing he needs assistance to finish a ball carrier being brought down. His range and athleticism to me compliments the LB room well and I expect excelling on special teams and a larger role as he overtakes Burks and Summers IMO.

#178 - Tre' McKitty - TE - I have McKitty as a tie for TE#6 with Yeboah. Shined at Senior Bowl and was underutilized in college. Folks will say he isn't worth it by only looking at the stat lines...dig deeper folks, dig deeper.

#214 - Isaiah McKoy - WR - Folks this is one of my favorite Day 3 targets no one seems to be talking about. A slight but taller target at 6'3" this cat put up nearly 500 yards in just FOUR GAMES for Kent State in 2020. FOUR! 5 TDs in that stretch, 25 receptions and 18.2 YPC. Fits the prototypical Packer receiver type Gute appears to love, offers high upside and a potential role replacement for MVS should he leave or quickly replace EQ in 2020 if he isn't careful. Look him up, you'll love what you see - and I guarantee majority of folks are reading his name for the first time.

#220 - Jermar Jefferson - HB - I've discussed him a lot elsewhere. Change of pace but with a punch option that is comfortable in the passing game. Would be great to compliment Jones and Dillon.

#256 - Bryan Mills - CB - Everyone knows he is my infatuation at CB that I think everyone is sleeping on. FCS sure, but watch and study him - kid is special. Could obviously see a lesser known FBS guy come off the board to us but I like this spot for a LB or DB here (like Robert Rochell here too or Willie Eubanks).

There ya go, my board is crystalizing and this is the fall out of it - there are 4 picks many will argue are reaches (Meinerz, Ball, Fields, McKoy) but no worry, let the roasting begin. I don't believe I'll be eating crow if this played out.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
many will argue are reaches
I fail to see how a 5th or 6th round pick can ever be considered a reach. Teams are into the "roll the dice to uncover a hidden gem" part of their draft board by then. Round 7 I consider a "grab him so we don't lose him to UDFA." (in my mind I always pronounce that as oof-dah which is some Scandinavian language for :poop:, I messed up.)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you reached on everyone but Barmore, McKoy, Jefferson, and Mills. I see Meinerz as primarily a Center who can move to Guard and I can't take that kind of guy Day 2, but priority Day 3. Adebo is decent value at 92nd but I just think there's gonna be guys better than him still available. Drop Hayes a round, drop Ball 2 rounds. Fields is off my board entirely. I don't want the Packers to keep experimenting with sub-package guys that aren't versatile; hence why I like Bledsoe, he can hit, and play Dime LB, but he also has certified cover skills. We shouldn't inviting teams to key in on our weaknesses in sub-packages based on the guys who are out there.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you reached on everyone but Barmore, McKoy, Jefferson, and Mills. I see Meinerz as primarily a Center who can move to Guard and I can't take that kind of guy Day 2, but priority Day 3. Adebo is decent value at 92nd but I just think there's gonna be guys better than him still available. Drop Hayes a round, drop Ball 2 rounds. Fields is off my board entirely. I don't want the Packers to keep experimenting with sub-package guys that aren't versatile; hence why I like Bledsoe, he can hit, and play Dime LB, but he also has certified cover skills. We shouldn't inviting teams to key in on our weaknesses in sub-packages based on the guys who are out there.

I knew most of this was coming, and love that you recognize McKoy!

Quinn hasn't played a snap of live ball at center in actual games, he's practiced and added it to his options for teams in this past year of workouts and senior bowl but he is a guard.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well done! Like the new names and good write ups. McKitty will be a great find as you say, he was under utilized. Can't argue with any of the selections.

Overall, this is a great draft for the Pack in filling holes with value. It also meshes well with my level of risk.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
#214 - Isaiah McKoy - WR

This is definitely a boom or bust guy. Kent State doesn't play against the most talented teams, MAC conference I think? So its a bit hard to judge a WR in that situation. I saw he had 85 yards against Auburn.

When I watched the highlight reel on this guy, not sure why, but I kept thinking "MVS". He could be one of those guys that sneaks up the boards and someone likes his upside and grabs him in the 5th. The Packers draft position on all 10 picks really sucks. Basically, near the end of each round. They do have 2 picks in both the 5th and the 6th rounds, so if they love him, the last pick of the 5th might be when you grab him.

Personally, I would rather see them grab a slot type WR earlier. A guy that can eventually excel at WR but until then, is a decent return guy.

II Deep Threat II The Official Sophomore Highlights of Kent State WR Isaiah McKoy - YouTube

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is definitely a boom or bust guy. Kent State doesn't play against the most talented teams, MAC conference I think? So its a bit hard to judge a WR in that situation. I saw he had 85 yards against Auburn.

When I watched the highlight reel on this guy, not sure why, but I kept thinking "MVS". He could be one of those guys that sneaks up the boards and someone likes his upside and grabs him in the 5th. The Packers draft position on all 10 picks really sucks. Basically, near the end of each round. They do have 2 picks in both the 5th and the 6th rounds, so if they love him, the last pick of the 5th might be when you grab him.

Personally, I would rather see them grab a slot type WR earlier. A guy that can eventually excel at WR but until then, is a decent return guy.

II Deep Threat II The Official Sophomore Highlights of Kent State WR Isaiah McKoy - YouTube

I get the opinion on him. McKoy's smoothness in and out of breaks in some plays I saw is what jumps out at me. His footwork is better than MVS out of college IMO, and that to my eye doesn't fully eliminate him working out of the slot honestly...however with Adams ability to roam, and I suspect we might see even Funchess at times line up in the middle or push Lazard in the versatility of our WR room isn't quite what I want, but I will admit I undervalue the contributory role of slot guys, because there are truly IMO only a select few SPECIAL slot guys than cannot work out of the slot. I'd much prefer build a WR that excels and can play the slot or out interchangeable.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I get the opinion on him. McKoy's smoothness in and out of breaks in some plays I saw is what jumps out at me. His footwork is better than MVS out of college IMO, and that to my eye doesn't fully eliminate him working out of the slot honestly...however with Adams ability to roam, and I suspect we might see even Funchess at times line up in the middle or push Lazard in the versatility of our WR room isn't quite what I want, but I will admit I undervalue the contributory role of slot guys, because there are truly IMO only a select few SPECIAL slot guys than cannot work out of the slot. I'd much prefer build a WR that excels and can play the slot or out interchangeable.

My prototypical "slot guy" is Randall Cobb. Cobb I believe spent his first 2 years returning Punts and kickoffs for the Packers and did quite well. Valuable reps for both the team and the player as a young guy learns the offense. I just see Rodgers need for a guy like Cobb. We all know Rodgers likes to hold the ball a bit too long and often finds himself moving around the pocket. He and Cobb had such good chemistry over the years because they basically knew what the other guy was going to do on almost every snap. Adams is currently the only player that I think has that chemistry with A-Rod. Maybe it will come with Lazzard and MVS, but it is needed.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I don’t mind Meinerz at all with the Packers second pick. Dude scored a 9.98/10 RAS score. If anyone doesn’t think that Gute has him rated out as OC3-OC4, you are crazy.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prototypical "slot guy" is Randall Cobb. Cobb I believe spent his first 2 years returning Punts and kickoffs for the Packers and did quite well. Valuable reps for both the team and the player as a young guy learns the offense. I just see Rodgers need for a guy like Cobb. We all know Rodgers likes to hold the ball a bit too long and often finds himself moving around the pocket. He and Cobb had such good chemistry over the years because they basically knew what the other guy was going to do on almost every snap. Adams is currently the only player that I think has that chemistry with A-Rod. Maybe it will come with Lazzard and MVS, but it is needed.

I only have a handful of guys I truly believe are worth drafting pegged into that slot only role. Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Amari Rodgers, Kadarius Toney and then there is only a slew of maybe type guys and I'd rather take a WR that seems to have promise and high chops but can play slot or may be able to play slot over any other really "only slot" type guys. Just a personal preference. It's the one reason I've been a fan of keeping an eye on where Amari Rodgers is and if there in the 2nd or 3rd, I wouldn't blame Gute one bit for seeing the attract to him. The other three Moores and Toney will require our first pick or a trade up as I believe all 3 to be gone by our 2nd rounder.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know some feel this changes nothing...but it does for me. King is far from what I want outside opposite Jaire, but I get it. The team is high on him, shoot Davante praised the crap out of him in that video interview where he and Richard Sherman talked routes, reads and such. Sullivan is also coming back...CB is still something I want to come out of this but I'm going a different route now most likely - especially if Newsome is gone and the sub 8 RAS Asante Samuel Jr put up...

I call this one "Winning In The Trenches" - yes @Favre>Rodgers259 as you know you and I share similar thoughts often in draft approach, despite sometimes quite fervor difference on prospect opinions...the King signing changed our mindset in a very similar way.

FYI Packer fan base will hate this as it ignores skill positions till very late.

#29 - Christian Barmore iDL - Look I struggle to draft one of the few DL I feel could be a team's #1 given we have Kenny Clark. I typically would say let's compliment him not present "possibly his eventual successor" - BUT dear lord give me this DL (Clark, Barmore, Keke, Lowry..and others) YES! Barmore already has many of the tools drooled over by teams, here he will contribute out the gate but also provide Clark some incredible assistance he just hasn't gotten. My DT#1.

#62 - Quinn Meinerz iOL - Yes, I don't have Quinn graded quite this high, but yes I don't want to wait till the 3rd for him and his ceiling is incredible. I've thought about some pure Centers here, but I prefer someone with interior versatility at both guard spots AND has shown immense promise at center too in his senior bowl, pro day and workouts. His swing ability assists us greatly on the interior and I think will start somewhere in the middle. He is my iOL#5

#92 - Paulson Adebo - CB - Many know I'm much higher on him than some. What once was ranked as the 2nd or 3rd best CB possibly entering the 2020 draft - Adebo was hurt by the 2020 covid season...but he shined at his pro-day with the measurables and while quite a few have passed him arguably and he doesn't fall in my locked rankings of CBs - he is in that CB9-CB12 area for me. Do not be surprised should he overcome King by the season's end or shine if King is injured (which is quite often over his years).

#135 - Josh Ball - OT - Allow for Dillon/Deguara type reactions...........breathe........yup you didn't misread. Ball to me is the 13th/14th best tackle in this draft. I'm done allowing pundits or others expected spots dictate my draft the touch I allow it to. (Meinerz illustrated this as well). Josh's biggest obstacle to justify sliding up to EARLY Day 3 is a teams' opinion of any character issues which could linger from his issues at FSU. To me I see a different young man now vs then - his size is incredible, his length special - his height will need taught to not get too tall but I project him to be more than capable to hold down RT should a team need him there.

#142 - Daelin Hayes - EDGE/DE - I keep seeing him chatted a Day2/early Day3 type and love him if here. Can stand and play or put hand in the dirt and assist in winning the trenches. Stout chiseled frame not in need of anything additionally. Clark and the other front 7 are smiling again as he joins Barmore in the class of assistance.

#173 - Tony Fields II - LB - Here we go again with Tyni "reaching" to many on a prospect. Fields started out at Arizona and shined, came over to West Virginia for his senior campaign. Undersized linebacker built like a big safety that FLIES around the field. He reminds me of Owusu from ND in his undersized nature, but is much more willing to torpedo into a fight. His size means often times while willing he needs assistance to finish a ball carrier being brought down. His range and athleticism to me compliments the LB room well and I expect excelling on special teams and a larger role as he overtakes Burks and Summers IMO.

#178 - Tre' McKitty - TE - I have McKitty as a tie for TE#6 with Yeboah. Shined at Senior Bowl and was underutilized in college. Folks will say he isn't worth it by only looking at the stat lines...dig deeper folks, dig deeper.

#214 - Isaiah McKoy - WR - Folks this is one of my favorite Day 3 targets no one seems to be talking about. A slight but taller target at 6'3" this cat put up nearly 500 yards in just FOUR GAMES for Kent State in 2020. FOUR! 5 TDs in that stretch, 25 receptions and 18.2 YPC. Fits the prototypical Packer receiver type Gute appears to love, offers high upside and a potential role replacement for MVS should he leave or quickly replace EQ in 2020 if he isn't careful. Look him up, you'll love what you see - and I guarantee majority of folks are reading his name for the first time.

#220 - Jermar Jefferson - HB - I've discussed him a lot elsewhere. Change of pace but with a punch option that is comfortable in the passing game. Would be great to compliment Jones and Dillon.

#256 - Bryan Mills - CB - Everyone knows he is my infatuation at CB that I think everyone is sleeping on. FCS sure, but watch and study him - kid is special. Could obviously see a lesser known FBS guy come off the board to us but I like this spot for a LB or DB here (like Robert Rochell here too or Willie Eubanks).

There ya go, my board is crystalizing and this is the fall out of it - there are 4 picks many will argue are reaches (Meinerz, Ball, Fields, McKoy) but no worry, let the roasting begin. I don't believe I'll be eating crow if this played out.

Barmore falling to us would be an absolute gift. I like Newsome but I would not be the least bit upset about this one. I’d settle leaving the draft with Togiai, Shelvin, or McNeill as long as we get some help on the D-line. I’ll also add Owusu-Koramoah, Liam Eichenberg, and Tevin Jenkins to my wish list. I also like seeing Zaven Collins mocked to us even though most on this board despise the idea of drafting a ILB early. I like Tony Fields just fine but I can’t help but hope the FO feels my same need to grab a stud ILB because there are some good ones. I’d love a Barron Browning, Surratt, or Moses in the 3rd or 4th.

Members online

Latest posts