FAVRE, THOMPSON DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With his statement and press conf, I think he doesnt like Ted, but that doesn't mean they can't coexist for this year.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is excepts from article written by PG sports reporter Pete Dougherty enttilted 'Farve shows up to put out fires" and was in Saturday May 19, 2007 issue of The Green Bay Press-Gazette

".... Though it's clear the 17-year NFL quarterback expressed his frustration to the Packers in stark terms immediately after the draft, he also insisted he never asked for a trade. Favre lobbied hard for the Moss deal but said he's now over the frustration of Moss instead going to New England on the weekend of the NFL draft in late April.

"I think I get over things fairly quickly," Favre said before the Packers' first practice at this weekend's mandatory minicamp. "I expressed how I felt, and it's over and done with. Had a good talk with (coach) Mike (McCarthy) and Ted this week. We don't always agree, not just with Ted and Mike, but we're all that way. But we have a good working relationship, we're able to talk about things. Ultimately, it comes down to me wanting to play and help this team win."

Favre held the press conference so he could address fallout from his comments last weekend criticizing the Packers and subsequent reports that he asked for a trade shortly after the draft.

The episode exposed a major communication gap and perhaps rift between Favre and Thompson. Among his public comments last weekend at his charity golf tournament in Mississippi, Favre said he questioned whether the Packers really wanted him back for possibly only one more season if they weren't willing to offer Moss a contract that might have landed him before New England got involved in trade talks with Oakland.

Last Sunday, Favre and Thompson had their first conversation since the Moss deal fell through.

"Ted and I go way back, from Day 1 (in 1992)," Favre said. "He has a plan, that's what he's paid to do. I'm paid to lead this team on the field. We're fine. Once again, I don't have to agree with everything he does, he doesn't have to agree with some of the things I do. But we're fine."

I think if anybody thinks this indicates dislike on Farve's part of Ted Thompson in this topic. is reaching to justify their opinion.
The is a business relationship between Brett Favre and his General Manager Ted Thompson. They are not great buddies. And they cannot be in that kind of relationship. .It is "boss" & employee relationship. All this going on doesnt have to mean they dislike each other.

I worked for a National food manufacturing Company, as Sales Rep for 33 years and had disagreements with management at times, but I knew how far I could push .This didn't mean I disliked any Company management. Business is business and you need teamwork between everybody in the Comapny. to achieve the common Company goals just like in Football.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like he said.......no one is going to agree with everyone all the time. He seems fixed on the season now, and what he has control over.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hurry and read this before AADP merges into a thread where it gets lost and 24 hours later someone else posts it!!

PFT.com said:
The root of the recent turmoil in Green Bay between the front office and quarterback Brett Favre boils down to one reality.

Favre doesn't like G.M. Ted Thompson, and Thompson doesn't like Favre. Neither man will ever say it, but we're told that it's true.

A year ago, we had heard from reliable sources that Favre's wishy-washy routine about his return in 2006 was intended in part to twist Thompson's tail.

This time around, it appears that there is a major trust issue between Favre and Thompson, especially in light of the now-deleted posts on Favre's web site from his friend/pilot "DavidPHX" regarding the apparent arrangement that, if Favre announced his plans to return before the Super Bowl, Thompson would try to upgrade the talent. With no apparent upgrade, Favre feels that Thompson didn't keep his end of the bargain.

Although Favre's fury has been calmed for now, it remains to be seen whether he continues to play nice. A source with knowledge of the situation says that the team will pursue receiver Keyshawn Johnson in an effort to placate Favre.

But, as we see it, Keyshawn doesn't add enough to the passing game to make up for the lack of an established tailback; the presence of Randy Moss might have.

The sore point in all of this continues to be the failure of the team to land Moss. As we hear it, part of Favre's frustration is that the team waited too long to make a move, in the hopes that the price tag for the trade would drop. The problem is that, by the time the price dropped, the Patriots were on the radar screen.

So by dilly-dallying, Thompson missed out on a chance to make Favre feel better about the quality of the roster heading into what could be his final NFL season. And that only has made Favre feel worse about Thompson.

The players, we're told, generally support Favre on this one. Not because it was right for him to speak out (arguably, it wasn't), but because he's the leader of the team and his teammates love him.

And they don't want to have to play with the alternative to Favre: Aaron Rodgers.

I hate to be cold and am not anti-Favre---but who cares if they like each other. We can't all be friends with everyone. They both have a job to do and personal feelings should not come into play. I can see where they may have different ideas about the direction of the team, but it seems to me that it is Brett's team on the field and Ted's team for acquisitions, drafting, etc.