Favre talks to Green Bay media

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay -- Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre addressed local reporters on a conference call in the offices here in Lambeau Field from 11:30 a.m. to noon. Here are the highlights (more coverage will follow later in JSOnline and the newspaper):

Here we go:

~ About the NFL meeting yesterday over allegations. "That's a league matter. That's the way it stands. It's a league issue. Leave it at that."

Embarassed people are talking about this? "That's a league issue. My focus is on the next opponent. I'm reluctant to say I'm excited to come back..."

Third question about Favre and allegations, and if it detracts him from his work. He said his focus remains on opponent, just like it did against Dallas last week. He is trying to steer the topic to football...

~ Thrives on adversity? "You would like for everything to be smooth sailing. That's not the case." ... "This game is obviously very important for both teams. It will be our toughest challenge yet."

~ Last game for him in Lambeau unless playoffs. "This is my last go-around." Has respect and feels priveledged for the games he played inLambeau Field. Every TD "was as joyous as the next. I always savored the moment. Never took it for granted."

~ Elbow is better. Affected him more Jets game. Cortisone shots helped for Cowboys game. "Right now I feel like it's not a hinderance at all."

~ 4 finally gets to play with Randy Moss, and reflections of relationship with Packers GM Ted Thompson, who didn't go get Moss. Favre said he doesn't think anybody knows Thompson well, that he's an unassuming guy. Said he didn't think their relationship, from a business standpoint, gwent the way we'd both have liked. "It went awry. But that's over and done with." "Sure I would have liked to have seen Randy come in." That year Favre wanted him in Green Bay, Moss caught 23 TDs in New England.

~ Doesn't talk to Packers coach Mike McCarthy on a regular basis. McCarthy was respectful to Favre after both games last year. Favre congratulated McCarthy the birth of his daughter. Thinks the world of McCarthy still. "Things are different now. No ill feelings."

~ Last year for Favre with the Vikings, aside from not winning the Super Bowl, was nothing less than spectacular. "It hard to maintain that level of consistency."

~ Maybe he shouldn't have come back 2010? "No. I wish our record was better."

~ Part of the nature of getting older is that he would like to have more input on plays.

~ Trying not to think of what reception he'll get Sunday night in Lambeau by Green and Gold faithful. He wouldn't trade his years here for anything. "My career there speaks for itself. I thought it was a perfect fit. That fan base is as good as any in all of sports." Last year didn't want to get that response, "but that's the way it went." Would like to think fans deep down don't feel negatively about him.

~ Hard to believe all this, you're in Minnesota playing against Green Bay? "At this point no. Last year, more of a who would have ever thought it. Aaron is playing outstanding. I was not surprised by that."

~ This your last year. Really? "That's a good question. (Pause) Hold your pen, we'll see what happens." He knows this group is cynical with this topic. "That's the way I plan on ending it."

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can translate:

My wife is really pissed.

I like to be in charge of the team. I am mad at Ted for it. I hate chilly because he wont let me be the boss.

I want to make the fans pay for not sticking with me. I am a bitter old man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts