Favre shoved McCarthy

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Though McCarthy doesn't have the public polish of some head coaches, he's impressed the Packers' front office with his straightforward communication style and ability to make people comfortable while also remaining an authority figure. Harlan pointed to quarterback Brett Favre's hard but playful shove of McCarthy after the Packers' game-clinching touchdown against San Diego as telling.

"I thought that scene told a lot about the relationship between those two," Harlan said. "You don't see that very often, that a player has that type of relationship with a coach. I think Mike is a blue-collar- type guy coming from Pittsburgh who is perfect for Green Bay. He's a down-to-earth-type guy that this franchise needs. It's a wonderful fit. Ted obviously saw that when he went through the interview sessions, that this guy would be a great fit for him."

I remember seeing Brett shoved Mike. I got a helluva chuckle out of that. Did anyone else notice it? If not, WHY HAVEN'T YOU WATCH THE VIDEO I MADE! :)

Reaction score
I loved that, it was so unexpected.

I could have sworn for a couple of seconds after the shove that McCarthy looked really ticked off, like a "WTF are you doing" type of expression. But then he smiled; it was great to see even the head coach having some in-game fun.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I loved that, it was so unexpected.

I could have sworn for a couple of seconds after the shove that McCarthy looked really ticked off, like a "WTF are you doing" type of expression. But then he smiled; it was great to see even the head coach having some in-game fun.
The reason he looked that way (in my opinion) was that he was caught off guard. He wasn't looking at Brett when it happened. He was looking at a different player. I caught it all right when it happened. Once the coach saw who it was, and he realized why it happened, thats when he smiled.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also note how the young recievers and favre really get along well together, like in the Vikings game when Ruvell Martin was telling Brett jokingly how he thought he was a just a good quarterback. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also note how the young recievers and favre really get along well together, like in the Vikings game when Ruvell Martin was telling Brett jokingly how he thought he was a just a good quarterback. :)
Well.....why not! After all, he's probably a "father figure" to them!!! :lol:

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I'm liking the atmosphere I'm starting to see with this team. The nice thing to is how often you see the D guys and the O guys joking together. Usually doesn't take long for a struggling team to form a split between the units

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I'm liking the atmosphere I'm starting to see with this team. The nice thing to is how often you see the D guys and the O guys joking together. Usually doesn't take long for a struggling team to form a split between the units
Yup.......when things go bad, finger pointing starts.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that they are probably pretty friendly despite McCarthy being the coach since they are so close in age and spend so much time working together. We've all heard Favre talk about how hard it is at times to relate to his young teammates.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero, you always have that 'Packers vs Team highlight video' text in your signature, but there's no link.

Is there a link to it or are you just teasing me?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Zero, you always have that 'Packers vs Team highlight video' text in your signature, but there's no link.

Is there a link to it or are you just teasing me?

They're hosted on my site and I'm not allowed to link to my site in my signature box.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Better when guys in the locker room are pulling fingers instaed of pointing them :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

Better when guys in the locker room are pulling fingers instaed of pointing them :lol:
Tis true CDN.....tis true!!! :lol:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Topic,

It took me a little while to warm up to MM. It's not that he seemed like a bad guy but I am one of those people who over analyze players and coaches to death before making a decision about them. With that being said; I really love the way MM seems to be taking this team and the bonding that seems to be going on between the players. A tough guy that seems to really know the game and does not undervalue the importance of positive communication between players and coaches.

Two thumbs up for MM in my books !!!

Staff online

Latest posts