Favre says he doesn't need to have his jersey retired

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's not widely known but there was a long, drawn-out rift between the Steelers and Bradshaw as well. The specifics, I don't know, but he went a long time without setting foot in Pittsburgh and wouldn't have anything to do with the Steelers. Frankly, I don't give a rat's behind if the Pack retire his number or not - and I'm not even a "hater". My emotional well-being isn't affected either way. Players come and go but the organization lives on. Brett's yesterday's news. The Pack have the reigning NFL MVP... Go Rodgers... Go Pack!

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect him for not wanting it retired. Maybe he thinks, with everything that has happened between the Packers and him. That he doesn't deserve it at the moment.

I mean really, do you guys want Favre's jersey retired at the moment, with bitter breakup fresh in everybody minds? So, i am not surprised he said no to it. Maybe way down the road, when the air clears a bit.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe way down the road, when the air clears a bit.

This is what I (and I hope many other Packers fans) am hoping for. But it's starting to feel like it'll never happen. Is he ever going to reach out to the Franchise? Are the Packers ever going to reach out to him?

I think if the Packers win a couple more titles, he might be too bitter to ever think of reconciling.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I wonder if Brent has any Packers memorabilia in his house. Think of all the pics & awards he must have tucked away in a closet or under his bed. In fact, if he only displays the acheivements from his glory years in NY or MN, his walls are probably pretty bare. :eek:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Brent has any Packers memorabilia in his house. Think of all the pics & awards he must have tucked away in a closet or under his bed. In fact, if he only displays the acheivements from his glory years in NY or MN, his walls are probably pretty bare. :eek:

That's a very good question. SB trophy would be in the house or with bus. As well as the MVP trophies. SB jersey should be on the wall too. Other than that you have to wonder

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
That's a very good question. SB trophy would be in the house or with bus. As well as the MVP trophies. SB jersey should be on the wall too. Other than that you have to wonder

I dont think the SB trophy is anywhere but at 1265 Lombardi Ave.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the SB trophy is anywhere but at 1265 Lombardi Ave.
Players get trophies too. Driver has been traveling with his most of the summer actually. Most players leave them with family or at their homes though.

Seeing as you live in chicago I assume not too many players around there have them.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL......The Blackhawks-White Sox and Bulls trophies come to mind, the Bucs-Brewers, not so much.

It's ok, you didn't know the players got trophies, move on.

And it wasn't a shot at the teams of Chicago, it was a shot at the bears. Thought that was pretty obvious....

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
It's ok, you didn't know the players got trophies, move on.

And it wasn't a shot at the teams of Chicago, it was a shot at the bears. Thought that was pretty obvious....

Just returning your volley about Chicago sports.

At least we like the same football team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Players get trophies too. Driver has been traveling with his most of the summer actually. Most players leave them with family or at their homes though.

Seeing as you live in chicago I assume not too many players around there have them.

Brett gave one to his pilot and signed it :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The players get trophies? In addition to the game check and the ring? Well ... even I have never heard that before...couldn't find anything to verify it ... anyone help me out? This will drive me crazy....

Can't thank the guy who posted the link to Bayless/Smith/Whoever's mindless Fox News type shouting match. Started out ok ... then took a direct shot into the septic tank... anyway, now I need to take a shower with a steel brush.... people actually tune into that drivel?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The purpose of this thread was to stir up trouble. Mission accomplished !

Stop posting to it and it will stop! Move On!

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
The players get trophies? In addition to the game check and the ring? Well ... even I have never heard that before...couldn't find anything to verify it ... anyone help me out? This will drive me crazy....

Can't thank the guy who posted the link to Bayless/Smith/Whoever's mindless Fox News type shouting match. Started out ok ... then took a direct shot into the septic tank... anyway, now I need to take a shower with a steel brush.... people actually tune into that drivel?

No, players don't get trophies for winning the SB,

unless they purchase a scaled down version of one.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Awww, I'm sorrow to hear you weren't amused :( Yes they do tune into that drivel I guess, because once in a while it's hilarious drivel.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Awww, I'm sorrow to hear you weren't amused :( Yes they do tune into that drivel I guess, because once in a while it's hilarious drivel.

Hey...hey...hey... that's just me talkin' ... honestly, I didn't mean to slam or anything. I just cringe at staged events that are made to look like they're spontaneously combustible -- those brain dead clowns probably get off camera and chuckle amongst themselves about the amount of pure crap they just laid down.

Latest posts