Favre > Rodgers > Love

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It may not seem like it but I think he desperately wants to win at least one more SB. You can't know anything for sure but I feel like its a really good bet
I think Rodgers would love to win a Super Bowl, but do you know what he would love even more? To win one on another team. That would give him the ability to tell himself and others that it was the Packers holding him back. Which at certain times of his career, I'd agree with him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think given two choices, win one more Super Bowl in Green Bay or win one with another team, he’d choose win one in GB 100% of the time.
agree - doesn't change I think we need off this carousel but I 100% agree.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I highly doubt there's any truth to it. Obviously that doesn't matter to you at all though.
WTAF? Are we not allowed to give opinions anymore Captain? Just because you think your opinion is always right, I don't see anyone telling you that you don't care about the truth.

PLEASE stop implying that I don't care about the F'ing truth, it has gotten really annoying.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt there's any truth to it. Obviously that doesn't matter to you at all though.

You also presented the same thought and essentially told me to stop manufacturing things when I predicted and discussed Davante was wanting out.

I concur with you here thought - Rodgers would not pick a SB elsewhere over one here...but he for sure I think is ready to go elsewhere if that is where he feels he has the most valid shot.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTAF? Are we not allowed to give opinions anymore Captain?

PLEASE stop implying that I don't care about the F'ing truth, it has gotten really annoying.
Someone needs to learn how to state an opinion.
I think Rodgers would love to win a Super Bowl, but do you know what he would love even more? To win one on another team. That would give him the ability to tell himself and others that it was the Packers holding him back. Which at certain times of his career, I'd agree with him.

I have seen nothing, heard nothing, have seen no activity or action that would imply Rodgers wants to be anything other than a Packer his entire career, including now. Yet you know he would love to win a super bowl somewhere else just so he can say, "see, I told you so" and you're not afraid to tell everyone else that's what he'd love more than winning one here.

D

Deleted member 6794

WTAF? Are we not allowed to give opinions anymore Captain? Just because you think your opinion is always right, I don't see anyone telling you that you don't care about the truth.

You aren't giving an opinion by posting that you know that Rodgers wants to win a Super Bowl with another team more than he does with the Packers. Actually you act as if you know that for a fact despite having no clue at all.

Since the season has ended you have only been interested in posting every single negative article about Rodgers to support your narrative that he's a terrible person and the Packers need to get rid of him as soon as possible. While doing that you haven't cared about the credibility of any of the sources you named. That doesn't strike me as someone who is genuinely interested in the truth about the situation.

You also presented the same thought and essentially told me to stop manufacturing things when I predicted and discussed Davante was wanting out.

I don't remember calling you out of not being interested in the truth as we discussed about Adams wanting to leave last offseason.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Careful, this is a Forum, we do not predict or give our opinions, it offends some people.
You aren't giving an opinion by posting that you know that Rodgers wants to win a Super Bowl with another team more than he does with the Packers. Actually you act as if you know that for a fact despite having no clue at all.
LOL Seriously Cap....you give me way too much credit. If you truly thought that I was stating that as a fact, you have your Rodgers defense sensors set way too high. It is called an O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

Unlike you, I rarely say "I can guarantee you", before every opinion that I have.

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL Seriously Cap....you give me way too much credit. If you truly thought that I was stating that as a fact, you have your Rodgers defense sensors set way too high. It is called an O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

Unlike you, I rarely say "I can guarantee you", before every opinion that I have.

I don't give you any credit at all. You clearly stated that you know Rodgers wants to win a championship with another team more than with the Packers. That's definitely not how to state an opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It was his opinion just as it is yours...and to be honest I doubt Rodgers even knows the answer to that question
110% correct. Why wouldn't Rodgers want to win a Super Bowl with another team? Hell, Favre couldn't wait to play the Packers when he became a Viking. MY OPINION....If Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Packers and/or he is traded.....winning a SB with another team will be second on his priority list, first on that list will be winning another MVP.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
110% correct. Why wouldn't Rodgers want to win a Super Bowl with another team? Hell, Favre couldn't wait to play the Packers when he became a Viking. MY OPINION....If Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Packers and/or he is traded.....winning a SB with another team will be second on his priority list, first on that list will be winning another MVP.

I'm sure Rodgers would love to win a Super Bowl wherever he could. But what YOU said was

Stating he would rather win one somewhere else than GB. Which I, and others find to be utter garbage.
It never was, Rodgers wouldn't want to win a super bowl if he can't win one in GB, implying as such now is also garbage. Talk about walking back a statement.

D

Deleted member 6794

It was his opinion just as it is yours...and to be honest I doubt Rodgers even knows the answer to that question

I'm sorry but he definitely posted it as if it was a fact.

110% correct. Why wouldn't Rodgers want to win a Super Bowl with another team?

Of course Rodgers would like to win a Super Bowl with his new team if traded this offseason. No **** :eek:

As you're well aware that's not what you suggested in the first place though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but he definitely posted it as if it was a fact.

No he didn't, thats the way you chose to perceive it. That's not how I understood it because, that statement is obviously an opinion to anyone who uses common sense...how could anyone know that? Thus we deduce it is his what? Say it with me O-P-I-N-I-O-N

D

Deleted member 6794

No he didn't, thats the way you chose to perceive it.

It might help to look up the meaning of "to know", which is to realize, understand or be aware of something.

There's no other way to understand what he was trying to do, which was taking another shot at Rodgers.

And BTW even if it he would have solely expressed his opinion it would still have been utter BS.

That's not how I understood it because, that statement is obviously an opinion to anyone who uses common sense...how could anyone know that?

Well, that disqualifies @Pokerbrat2000 in his current mood.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No he didn't, thats the way you chose to perceive it. That's not how I understood it because, that statement is obviously an opinion to anyone who uses common sense...how could anyone know that? Thus we deduce it is his what? Say it with me O-P-I-N-I-O-N
Correct.

I have to laugh that there are actually people in this forum that don't understand what opinions are. Almost funnier how twisted their undies get when your opinion isn't aligned with theirs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not the issue of was it in fact, a fact, or an opinion. Fact probably wasn't the right word to use, at least not how many are taking it. We all know it was his opinion, he attempted to state as a fact, something that is true.

when you make definitive statements, they're usually then followed by good supporting evidence or has generally already been accepted as fact. Ie, "do you know what happens when I let go of this ball, it's going to drop" I believe most of us are on Earth, and have enough experience with gravity, it wouldn't need any further explanation.

we could all accept that I think. and then if I said, "but do you know will make it go up? if I climb this ladder first, and let it go"

I'm still making a definitive statement, and unless I have some good and compelling facts to back it up, I"m sure we'd all agree it's ********. But that doesn't change that I'm stating it as if it WILL happen because i'm claiming it is true.

I'm making a definitive statement that something is true.

anyway, everyone is hung up on fact vs opinion, is it a stretch to say whatever you perceive that statement as, it was pretty much "baloney"?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of the misstep often IMO is no one asks the other to unpack or explain further...

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of the misstep often IMO is no one asks the other to unpack or explain further...

That may be somewhat true, but I also pick on people who pick their words poorly. It reads more as a statement of fact and less a stated opinion.

Right up there with "positive claimant is responsible for supplying evidence," speaking (or posting) persons bear the majority of the responsibility of clear communication. There can be those that act in bad faith, but if someone doesn't understand or misunderstands your original intent, look in the mirror and try to restate your position more clearly.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may be somewhat true, but I also pick on people who pick their words poorly. It reads more as a statement of fact and less a stated opinion.

Right up there with "positive claimant is responsible for supplying evidence," speaking (or posting) persons bear the majority of the responsibility of clear communication. There can be those that act in bad faith, but if someone doesn't understand or misunderstands your original intent, look in the mirror and try to restate your position more clearly.

One of my absolute favorite quotes is by George Bernard Shaw - "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." Your comments made it pop into my head.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jfc

I swear people can't stop the round and round debate of what I said what I meant and what you think I said

Just effing stop

If you guys can't I'll stop it for you

Staff online

Latest posts