1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Favre/Minny Versus Manning/Denver

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Bagadeez04, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    Just something I've been thinking about as the Broncos make the Super Bowl a couple years after landing Manning in free agency (and going to the AFC Championship game in his first year). I think the Broncos and Vikings rosters had many similarities at the time they acquired these aged veteran HOF QBs (overall strong rosters requiring only better QB play)...yet it seems pretty obvious that the Broncos situation has been much more "mature" and "professional".

Is this from coaching, front office, the players themselves? I'm just curious to hear peoples take on this as there seems to be a pretty drastic difference in outcome to what were two very similar situations...that is, two NFL franchises wooing veteran QBs at the end of their respective careers.