Favre had warned Ted in April

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre warned Ted in April that he might want to play again in July and to have a plan ready and Ted's response was "OK, don't worry about that?" All of you are blaming Favre for his recent comback request when you should be blaming Ted. Favre really believed he was going to be welcomed back because of Ted saying OK to him way back in April. Ted said OK to "have a plan" and he clearly didn't listen to Favre because he has said he doesn't know what to do just recently. Ted's legacy isn't looking too good.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre warned Ted in April that he might want to play again in July and to have a plan ready and Ted's response was "OK, don't worry about that?" All of you are blaming Favre for his recent comback request when you should be blaming Ted. Favre really believed he was going to be welcomed back because of Ted saying OK to him way back in April. Ted said OK to "have a plan" and he clearly didn't listen to Favre because he has said he doesn't know what to do just recently. Ted's legacy isn't looking too good.

I don't think that that "plan" TT was talking about meant waiting until late June to have a conversation about it. Brett said he he had ONE conversation with MM and that was June 20th. Brett said himself that he conveyed in that conversation "I'm THINKING about it." Beautiful.

Rock over here.........hardplace over there. No 100% committtment that Brett keeps refering that he has to make if he were to come back. Just a "heads up."

So it's now June 20th and they got nothin' but it's ALL TEDS fault why again?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Try and keep up.
What's that? No way to side with Ted on this one? Poor kid.

This has been discussed in other threads. Try and keep up. I like the "kid" part at the end there, adds a certain amount of class to your post.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big words here are "MIGHT" want to play.
So TT should hold back the entire team for a "maybe".
Yeah......that sounds like good business sense.
Favre did this to himself.....period. The blame is on his own back, not TT. What if Favre made them wait, then decided to stay retired? Then where would the Packers be?
TT has a job to do, and he did it. As far as he was concerned, Favre was retired, and he did what was necessary to get ready for this coming season.
Some don't like that fact.
Me, i'm glad he kept working and doing what he's supposed to do, get the team ready for this year. If you want to hate him for that, go ahead and do so. But believe me, not everyone hates him for doing what he was forced by Favre to do......his job.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett: Ted, I may be in a situation come July, that there is a chance that I might, perhaps, get an itch to play....maybe, I think.

TT: Cool Brett....now unzip so I can give you a little noggin'....being that I and the entire organization, in your mind apparently, are your personal *****es.

Fave has about 3 different incarnations of his "story". Each with new elements being added as time passes. All I need to know.

This sucks.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett: Ted, I may be in a situation come July, that there is a chance that I might, perhaps, get an itch to play....maybe, I think.

TT: Cool Brett....now unzip so I can give you a little noggin'....being that I and the entire organization, in your mind apparently, are your personal *****es.

Fave has about 3 different incarnations of his "story". Each with new elements being added as time passes. All I need to know.

This sucks.

That sums it up pretty well.

OP
OP
Title Town USA

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been discussed in other threads. Try and keep up. I like the "kid" part at the end there, adds a certain amount of class to your post.
Sorry, this is a topic that needs its own thread.....Just because it makes Ted look bad doesn't mean it should be ignored.....Try to add some intelligence to your posts.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Sorry, this is a topic that needs its own thread.....Just because it makes Ted look bad doesn't mean it should be ignored.....Try to add some intelligence to your posts.

Then I guess Favre's treatment of Campen deserves its own thread too, right?

Answer: not really.

Anyway, look at digsthepack's post for my thoughts.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Did you actually read any of my comments?
Did you see where Favre was "maybe" and "itch"ing all over the place?
Please tell me........how does this make TT "look bad?" You mean because he didn't yell "Stop the presses! Brett MIGHT want to play! Maybe........if he feels like it at the time.......possibly.........."
Yeah....thats a solid answer Brett gave TT, right?
Heck......i STILL didn't get the impression that Favre knows 100% for certain what he wants to do. He's still "maybeing" all over the place.
Face it, you hate TT, and are willing to overlook any FACTS just to keep your hate alive.
Thats fine of course, as you have a right to your opinion. No matter how un-fact filled it is.

OP
OP
Title Town USA

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean where Favre told the truth about what Campen told him? What a bad thing to do.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
You mean where Favre told the truth about what Campen told him? What a bad thing to do.

Holy ****. You actually believe that. You actually believe Favre didn't do one thing wrong with saying what he said. Holy ****....dude....you're screwed up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
It is if it was told to Favre in confidence, and it might cost your "friend" his job.
Favre could have said it without saying WHO told him that info. But go ahead and throw your "friend" under the bus.......yeah......classy thing to do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jennings85 said:
tromadz said:
It is if it was told to Favre in confidence, and it might cost your "friend" his job.
Favre could have said it without saying WHO told him that info. But go ahead and throw your "friend" under the bus.......yeah......classy thing to do.

I think if Brett would have left the name out the team still would have known who it was

OP
OP
Title Town USA

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't that hard to understand: Favre told Ted in April that he, in as late as July, might want to come back and Ted said OK....Ted should not have lied and said it was OK for Favre to ask to come back in July when he knew full well he wanted to move forward w/Rodgers by that time.....This gave Favre the feeling that it would be OK for him to come back in July hence what has happened. Ted clearly didn't listen and doesn't have a plan. Way to go Ted. You guys are cleary Ted's cousins or something. It's sickening that you support Ted even when he's clearly wrong.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't that hard to understand: Favre told Ted in April that he, in as late as July, might want to come back and Ted said OK....Ted should not have lied and said it was OK for Favre to ask to come back in July when he knew full well he wanted to move forward w/Rodgers by that time.....This gave Favre the feeling that it would be OK for him to come back in July hence what has happened. Ted clearly didn't listen and doesn't have a plan. Way to go Ted. You guys are cleary Ted's cousins or something. It's sickening that you support Ted even when he's clearly wrong.
Uh....lets see......they told Favre they are boxing up his locker and sending to him........they told him they are having a jersey retirement party for him the first game of the season........too subtle???

And like i have said......to me, Favre STILL doesn't sound like he's 100% committed to play. Are the Packer supposed to wait by the phone and HOPE that he makes a final decision by the start of the season?
Tell me.......do you honestly think Favre is not responsible for what has transpired? Do you think he doesn't deserve the majority of the blame for where he is at now?
I think Favre is clearly wrong. And i LOVE the guy. But he's STILL wrong.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Bottom line.. Favre is dragging this out.. making it more than it should have been.. Ted and Co. may have made mistakes along the way, but honestly how can one not see Favre is dragging this out.

It has become personal on levels for Favre.. he wants his release so he can pick a team that has a shot at the Superbowl and stick it to Ted along the way. Brett said it didn't bother him they moved on.. BS.. it pissed him right the flip off.

An the reason he wants to be free... work out a deal that is back loaded into the uncapped year.. 2 years of minimum $ with a money pushed into a third.. don't believe it isn't personal for Favre..

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Yeah, perhaps Teddy could start doing the same to the fans. Don't let Trom bother you, just ignore him. I tried to engage him in sensible debate before, and it's just not possible.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line.. Favre is dragging this out.. making it more than it should have been.. Ted and Co. may have made mistakes along the way, but honestly how can one not see Favre is dragging this out.

It has become personal on levels for Favre.. he wants his release so he can pick a team that has a shot at the Superbowl and stick it to Ted along the way. Brett said it didn't bother him they moved on.. BS.. it pissed him right the flip off.

An the reason he wants to be free... work out a deal that is back loaded into the uncapped year.. 2 years of minimum $ with a money pushed into a third.. don't believe it isn't personal for Favre..

Finally, perhaps I can have some sensible debate.

Pack93 what is Favre doing to drag this out? Should he just retire and go away? What is the guy supposed to do?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings85 said:
tromadz said:

Yeah, perhaps Teddy could start doing the same to the fans. Don't let Trom bother you, just ignore him. I tried to engage him in sensible debate before, and it's just not possible.

Nice.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Finally, perhaps I can have some sensible debate.

Pack93 what is Favre doing to drag this out? Should he just retire and go away? What is the guy supposed to do?

My opinion.. all he had to do was file the papers asking for reinstatement to the Packers. Follow it up with a firm phone call saying "I want to play and I am 100% committed to helping this team win the Superbowl".

Before the media circle(circus).. he would have had the Packers make a choice, but at that point it would be completely solved whether he wanted to play, no waffling, no "I think" ... just I want to play ball and win.

Then start to train his *** off to get ready for the season and lastly, tell his pilot to start spreading the news.. I am Back.. :lol:

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Jennings85 said:
tromadz said:

Nice.

It's true, I wasn't trying to be rude or funny or clever. You say about 20 Different things, change the subject, and then get rude. You are just not worth the time to try to engage in debate IMO. Not an insult at all, just a warning to another member.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts