Favre had warned Ted in April

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Finally, perhaps I can have some sensible debate.

Pack93 what is Favre doing to drag this out? Should he just retire and go away? What is the guy supposed to do?

My opinion.. all he had to do was file the papers asking for reinstatement to the Packers. Follow it up with a firm phone call saying "I want to play and I am 100% committed to helping this team win the Superbowl".

Before the media circle.. he would have had the Packers make a choice, but at that point it would be completely solved whether he wanted to play, no waffling, no "I think" ... just I want to play ball and win.

Then start to train his *** off to get ready for the season and lastly, tell his pilot to start spreading the news.. I am Back.. :lol:

Ted is just as responsible for this media circle as well. A simple "Brett is not wanted" statement and release or trade could have put in end to this. Instead, Ted trying to play both sides of the fence, says he can come back as a backup, compete, or some other garbage story. Ted's afraid of coming out and saying We Don't Want Brett Back, which weirdly is what was told to Brett.

I don't see Brett waffling. As stated by him, Brett won't play if he is not 100%. If he wants to come back I have no reason to believe he isn't 100% commited.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ted is just as responsible for this media circle as well. A simple "Brett is not wanted" statement and release or trade could have put in end to this. Instead, Ted trying to play both sides of the fence, says he can come back as a backup, compete, or some other garbage story. Ted's afraid of coming out and saying We Don't Want Brett Back, which weirdly is what was told to Brett.

I don't see Brett waffling. As stated by him, Brett won't play if he is not 100%. If he wants to come back I have no reason to believe he isn't 100% commited.

Agreed, Ted and Co. have plenty of blame in the media circus.. regardless of their motives, which seemed to be retaining Brett on the roster.

Second, Brett still was using "If I decide" or "If I want to play"... not I want to play, I want to win and I am committed. His quote.. Brett's own words.. "If I decide to play, I will be 100% committed".

It is still there, "IF", until the if goes away do you throw away option B which is Rodgers?

Ted is walking a fine line, IMO, not swaying from his support of Rodgers the starter until Brett would have said, "I am 100% committed to playing this season."

Might as well throw a concrete block to Ted's career in Green Bay, handcuff it and toss it in the deepest part of the bay.. All Ted can do at this point is hope the cuffs are loose enough to slip them off..

And don't mistake it.. I think there is plenty of blame on both side. IMO of course.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny the similarities....

Javon Walker opens with a big gun via the media; so does Brett.

Javon has his family do his bidding via the media; so does Brett.

Javon thinks he is bigger than the team; so, apparently, does Brett.

Javon changes his story several times; so does Brett.

Javon has his agent twist the team's arm; so does Brett.

Regardless of which side of this issue you are on, you cannot help but notice that Brett is doing the very things he chastised (and rightfully so) Javon Walker for.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny the similarities....

Javon Walker opens with a big gun via the media; so does Brett.

Javon has his family do his bidding via the media; so does Brett.

Javon thinks he is bigger than the team; so, apparently, does Brett.

Javon changes his story several times; so does Brett.

Javon has his agent twist the team's arm; so does Brett.

Regardless of which side of this issue you are on, you cannot help but notice that Brett is doing the very things he chastised (and rightfully so) Javon Walker for.

Oh man...I didn't even think of that (in such detail). God....END THIS! Trade him!

OP
OP
Title Town USA

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't let Trom bother you, just ignore him. I tried to engage him in sensible debate before, and it's just not possible.
yeah, you're right-Trom is a waste of time.....Pack93z, on the other hand, atleast makes good conversation with his point of view....Trom should take some tips from him....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
dd80forever said:

Pack93 what is Favre doing to drag this out? Should he just retire and go away? What is the guy supposed to do?

My opinion.. all he had to do was file the papers asking for reinstatement to the Packers. Follow it up with a firm phone call saying "I want to play and I am 100% committed to helping this team win the Superbowl".

Before the media circle.. he would have had the Packers make a choice, but at that point it would be completely solved whether he wanted to play, no waffling, no "I think" ... just I want to play ball and win.

Then start to train his *** off to get ready for the season and lastly, tell his pilot to start spreading the news.. I am Back.. :lol:

So for one second, one milisecond, one one hundredth of a tenth of a second someone here is to actually believe all Ted had to do was say
"we don't want you back?" That that would put "an end" to it. Hardy, har, har, har.

If TT had "simply" come out and "simply" said "Brett, WE DON'T WANT YOU BACK" without any other information regarding all of the non-commmittment of Brett or all of the waffling HE did to help this all down the hill TT would by now "simply" not have a frigging ********.

It would be who could get to him first to hang his *** and you know it. There are TWO SIDES to this story and Brett Favre is very much responsible for his play in it.

I'm sure you would love TT not to have any substance behind what is now their current position on the subject or that that position has changed 180 degrees from late March for the simple fact BF NEVER WOULD totally committ himself.

Your saying "tell everybody WHAT your position is" but don't tell them anything about "why" you are where you are. You do know Favre is a legacy in GB right? People will want to know the "why" part. Probably A LOT.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

Before the media circle(circus).. he would have had the Packers make a choice, but at that point it would be completely solved whether he wanted to play, no waffling, no "I think" ... just I want to play ball and win.

There you have it in a nutshell, but he is still waffling.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre warned Ted in April that he might want to play again in July and to have a plan ready and Ted's response was "OK, don't worry about that?" All of you are blaming Favre for his recent comback request when you should be blaming Ted. Favre really believed he was going to be welcomed back because of Ted saying OK to him way back in April. Ted said OK to "have a plan" and he clearly didn't listen to Favre because he has said he doesn't know what to do just recently. Ted's legacy isn't looking too good.

:x Since when do players warn management? They accept a rather very generous payment for what they do and management pays the tabs. End of story.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i actually agree with chibiabos for once.

Who the ---- does Brett think he is. You dont warn the Packers... they warn you.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre warned Ted in April that he might want to play again in July and to have a plan ready and Ted's response was "OK, don't worry about that?" All of you are blaming Favre for his recent comback request when you should be blaming Ted. Favre really believed he was going to be welcomed back because of Ted saying OK to him way back in April. Ted said OK to "have a plan" and he clearly didn't listen to Favre because he has said he doesn't know what to do just recently. Ted's legacy isn't looking too good.

Yeah, because everyone knows when someone retires from a company and, in this case, professional football team, you're not supposed to move on but just wait "just in case" the retired party wants to renege...makes perfect sense. Anyone who doesn't see Brett's waffling as the problem here, needs to get their head checked.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This blame stuff is ridiculous. Favre didn't handle the situation well. This is a prime example. Telling a guy that he might come back so be ready in case that happens then is good communication?

On the other hand Thompson needed to reach out to Favre better than saying don't worry about it.

Both of them didn't seem to communicate very well so as far as I'm concern they both need to be responsible for what's going on.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of them didn't seem to communicate very well so as far as I'm concern they both need to be responsible for what's going on.

Agreed.

This forum has been playing a lot of "he said, she said." I think they're both at fault here. And yes, for the record, I like them both. Favre's my favorite player ever and TT has done a fine job as a GM. But come on, grown men should be able to communicate better than this.

Members online