Falcons Players Surley?

Packrat12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must say personally I hate when every analyst is calling for one team. I especially hate it when its the Packers. I don't like having a bull eye on our chest. Why give the other team more motivation? So when I heard some of the Falcons interviews I was not to surprised to here them with some frustration in their voices. They are the #1 seed, and of course they believe they deserve it. We are the #6 seed and they want the world to remember that. All I can say is Seattle is the #4 seed, and they finished their season 7-9. The reason we have playoffs is because some of the best teams in history have not finished the regular season as high as they should. I am not is the business of predictions, but Atlanta is not very good, IMO. They had a weak schedule in a weak division and came out on top. We need to go in there and hang a half a hundred on the "Dirty Birds". I don't even want it to be a game.........................

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Gonna be a great game. Can't wait. I agree. I like it when the analysis don't give the other team motivation.

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel good about this game. We are playing better now then we were in November and they are playing worse. That being said I expect a close game. The goal is get ahead and never play from behind. Put the pressure on them

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I actually agree with you. I hate being the medias trendy pick. It's annoying. And I hate all the attention, would much rather be underdogs. Which is part of the reason why I hate Rex Ryan. His mouth is large.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Difference between their locker room and ours...

McCarthy doesn't let the media talk/hype get into the locker room..

Trent Cole had a picture of Rodgers with a crosshair on him in his locker before the Eagles game... How did that one work out for him?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Trent Cole had a picture of Rodgers with a crosshair on him in his locker before the Eagles game... How did that one work out for him?

Another question is how old is Trent Cole?? That sounds like something a 3rd grader would do. Rodgers after the game was like, "Child Please"

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I read that about Cole... Lmao, loser. Sadly, I actually respected the guy before that. He is one of the best all around DE in the league. he can do it all. But we shut him down.

GO PACK GO

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
only thing i disagree with is the weak division comment. their division is strong. new orleans went 11-5 and i believe the bucs went 10-6. now the panthers are super weak tho

OP
OP
Packrat12

Packrat12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only thing i disagree with is the weak division comment. their division is strong. new orleans went 11-5 and i believe the bucs went 10-6. now the panthers are super weak tho

I agree as far as records. The Chief went 10-6 right here in KC, and I think Auburn could have played them to the wire. Records don't me anything. Saints lost to Seattle. They suck too. Bucs had a weak schedule because of being so bad last year. Carolina only won what 1 game?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they have a good divison the bucs are strong. The saints were also. Everyone had free wins over the panthers.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not is the business of predictions, but Atlanta is not very good, IMO. They had a weak schedule in a weak division and came out on top.

First, you can't help your schedule. You can only play the teams in front of you. Last year we had the benefit of playing the NFC West. This year it was their turn.

Next, they had three teams finish with 10 wins IN their division. Not sure how that means they're in a weak division, but it's better than us, who had two teams win 10 games and two more below .500.

Finally, they beat us last time. They have a better running back, a better tight end and better special teams than we do, and have proven they can win at home. Let's not make the mistake of underestimating them.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for all the hype, I agree it's nauseating, and I hate the additional target on our backs. I've been tuning out Total Access and I don't watch ESPN unless there's a game on anyway, so thankfully I've been able to avoid most of it.

That said, one of the things good teams have to learn how to do is handle success. With success comes hype, and the Packers need to be able to deal with it. It's what the elite teams do, and if we want to be elite, we need to do it too.

OP
OP
Packrat12

Packrat12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not make the mistake of underestimating them.

I agree not to underestimate them. I think maybe I have been misunderstood. Mostly my own fault, words I used were poor, and I didn't really give much explanation. I will try now to explain myself more fully.

They won the game earlier this year against us. I would say we beat ourselves more then them beating us, but a loss is a loss. Maybe, they are so good the forced us to make mistakes in the red zone. I disagree, but when you lose you are at the mercy of the victor.

I agree you don't choose your schedule, but it doesn't change whether you can beat quality teams or not. We had to play the Jets, Patriots, Bears twice, and these same Falcons. We also had tons of injuries. Not making excuses, simply stating the facts. We played the Patriots to the wire with a back up QB in his first start in 4 years. That was after the last time we played them.

As for Michael Turner. Point completely taken. He is far better then any running back we have. He is a beast and we will be smart to stack the box and make Matty Ice play.

I think the Falcons can win this game. No doubt about that. What I truly believe is the only way they can beat us is if we beat ourselves. If we play our best, and they play their best, I think we will be victorious, because we are the better team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Quality wins (teams in playoffs or a good record)
Baltimore, Saints once, Tampa twice, Pack and Seattle

All the rest of their wins
Carolina twice, Niners, Browns, Cinncy, and Rams, Arizona

Lost to Pitt, Philly and NO

Pack quality wins
Bears, Jets, Philly twice, Giants

Rest of wins
Lions, Minny twice, Niners, Bills, Dallas

Packers losses
Lions, Miami, Washington, Bears, NE, Atlanta

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice to blow them out, but there is no denying that they are 20-2 with Matt Ryan in the Georgia Dome. I don't see how they aren't a good team. I mean, they already beat us. Do I think we'll win? Yeah. Do I think we'll blow them out? No way, though I'd be happy to eat my words.

The Packers have managed to win back to back close games, and we have to keep it up. We won't make it all the way unless we continue to win close games.

dobolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree as far as records. The Chief went 10-6 right here in KC, and I think Auburn could have played them to the wire. Records don't me anything. Saints lost to Seattle. They suck too. Bucs had a weak schedule because of being so bad last year. Carolina only won what 1 game?

KC would destroy Auburn. So would Carolina, for that matter.