FA wrs for the Pack to pick up

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
billv said:
Murphy is supposed to be good at returning kicks. If he's healthy, I see give the rookie the chance to help the receiving game. There's a reason why free agents are free agents. I also hope they move Braggs up.

Free Agents are Free Agents for more than one reason. Normally because they are not good enough for a 53 man roster spot. Sometimes its because they have an overloaded position and have to let some go. There are also times players are let go because of other issues as well.

Hey Slick, I see your point but, I would try to grab a FA other than Rice because he would still be a #4 and at his age I would still take a much younger WR at that slot.

As for Murphy, whenever he is healthy enough to play he still is far behind in conditioning and STILL has not played in any game. Only TC.
I would give him a shot at punt return and #5 or #6 WR. If he stands out and climbs the depth chart...Great!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I can't say I'd go after Rice at all. I feel we have better WR then the Broncos and he would have been I think sixth on their team? I think with Koren we'll be okay or even Bragg.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I can't say I'd go after Rice at all. I feel we have better WR then the Broncos and he would have been I think sixth on their team? I think with Koren we'll be okay or even Bragg.

I agree with your choices. Lets see how the Packers Management play it.

Skoalvikes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Football Guru

SlickVision said:
I'm willing to bet Koren is playing against the Browns this sunday :)

Robinson was cut because he is four year player and gets a roster bonus for being on the roster opening day. The Vikes will resign him. Do you just post without knowing what is going on? Sheesh.

Skoal!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last I heard Andre Rison wasn't playing for anyone...j/k - he's too old.

Rice would be ok. He decided to retire because he was #4 on the Broncos list and he didn't want to be that low on a roster.

I say follow up on Troy Edwards.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys ignoring my update K. Robinson re-signed with the Queens. Now on to the next FA WR, please.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was money, Slick - moola - denero - bread - that green stuff - what pays the bills....

Sucker was greedy - that's all...!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There has been rumor out of here in Green Bay that it could posssibly WR Jerome Pathon who was cut by Seattle could added to the Green Bay Packer roster.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The papers are reporting Jerome Pathon(recently from the SeaWalruses) will be in for a look today. He's a bit of a nutcase, but talented. He wouldn't need much training, having been schooled in the Walrus' version of the WCO, similar to Sherman's.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rice-bad idea, old and slow.

Pathon-from the little I know about him, could help. I like the security of a veteran, especially since you never know if/when Fergy or Driver will go down w/ an injury.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on Murphy, if he is healthy and looks as good as they were saying before he got hurt, I believe that we'll stand pat.JMHO Now watch them sign someone today. :-?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Seriously, what about Antonio Freeman. Favre knows and likes him and speed was never his forte.
Puh-lease..... What is this... a Vet's Retirement Home?

TT's going young these days... find someone who has what Terence Murphy brings to the table....

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed IPB...freeman was yrs. past his prime the last time the Pack brought him in, and he's been sitting for the last 2 yrs.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Hey Football Guru

Skoalvikes said:
SlickVision said:
I'm willing to bet Koren is playing against the Browns this sunday :)

Robinson was cut because he is four year player and gets a roster bonus for being on the roster opening day. The Vikes will resign him. Do you just post without knowing what is going on? Sheesh.

Skoal!
I'll work on knowing everything so I can be just as much as a know it all jerk as you. :roll:

Freeman : I'd rather Sterling Sharpe come out of retirement then having Freeman back.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This an article from Monday....

Packers: Pathon to wear the green and gold?
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, September 14, 2005

News
The Packers will audition free agent receiver Jerome Pathon and could sign him to a contract as early as Tuesday, reports the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Pathon was cut by the Seahawks during the preseason.

Views
Pathon would immediately add some depth to the Packers' receiving corps that lost their best playmaker on Sunday. However, his fantasy value is limited unless he can beat out Robert Ferguson for a starting gig.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts