1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

FA wrs for the Pack to pick up

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Sep 12, 2005.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I just read that Koren Robinson was recently cut by the Vikes, so w/ his ties to TT from Seattle, is he worth picking up? Freddie Mitchell?? Others?

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    musccy....please never ever use Freddie Mitchell's name on this forum again :evil: :evil:

3. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I second that

4. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A resounding thirdin of that sentiment. Now, Koren Robinson...tempting at this time, provided we can have confidence in hsis commitment to continued recovery.

Thoughts on him? Angry snorts?

5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I understand that Mitchell and Koren have their issues/downsides, but what Sept FA pick up wouldn't? Bragg and Murphy are very unproven, so any depth you can add makes sense...look how well Rison worked out...mind you, he did have more talent than Mitchell, but still...desperate times call for desperate measures.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    troy edwards

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Koren Robinson is one strike away from a year's suspension and has a bad attitude. I highly doubt we'll pick him up. Edwards is probably the most likely FA we go after, though I could see Bragg being activated.

8. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Theres also the rumor floating around out there that the league already suspended KR for 4 games. That's the real reason the Vikes cut him, supposedly.
    Makes sense to me.
    I think we give T-murph a few weeks to prove himself. This might be a good thing cause now we see what Ferguson can or can't do.

9. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I read somewhere that MN only dropped Robinson so that his contract would not be vested for the full year. If they do not drop him and he 1. sucks or 2. gets hurt , they owe him his full salary.

They plan on resigning him today or tomorrow. An agreement is still in place in principle. Its just administrative positioning.

That said, would he really be that big of an addition to our team? I don't know . . . maybe now.

10. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can Driver, Fergie, and Chatman make it through the whole season without injurys? I don't see the Packers taking that chance and they will pick up a Free agent. Murphy will see some time now but this early in the season they are going to have to make a move for a reciever or maybe someone to take over return duties for Chapman to keep him healthy.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm willing to bet Koren is playing against the Browns this sunday :)

12. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have any insider info or is it just a hunch ?

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    just a hunch bro no inside info

he jus makes sense to pick up, he knows the system, he's a guy TT picked (i believe that to be true i could be wrong) and he's out to prove ppl that he's not a dead beat drunk so he has motivation not to mention he can play with the great brett favre who i still think should have ran in that play for a td instead of throwing the incompletion

14. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope yur right I would love to see him come to green bay with a chip on his shoulder. maybe a guy like that could ignite the fire in the offense. I'm sure Brett wouldn't mind having a receiver like that remember Rison

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I remember rison i was so friggin happy we got him i wanted him here longer but i forget the reason he left. i think it was because he'd have been a third wr an the packers didnt want to hold him back or maybe he didnt want to come off the bench...

or maybe it was they didnt want to pay a lot of cash for a third string wr and rison wanted to stay here

16. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trade for help

Offer Oakland a third or fourth round pick for Curry. Also Arizona seems to have some depth at WR and maybe we could ask our old buddy Denny to help us.

17. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Get Jerry Rice out of retirement. Talk about work ethics in your locker room.

18. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Where is Antonio Freeman :?: :?: :?:
    Sorry I had a Chase flashback. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Jerry Rice is a very interesting suggestion, but I think this team has committed to a youth movement so I think you will see one of the ps players be promoted.

Like Brett said..we can't play much worse so things can only get better.(not a quote just paraphrasing)

19. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Rice would be interesting...

Would be a good motivational tool too...I can see the headlines now...

"Old men leading the Pack Back"...(Rice & Favre)

(Too bad we didn't pick up Keyshawn 2 years ago...seems to be making plays all over the field for Dallas...oh well..)

20. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Koren Robinson just resigned with the Queens. Just an update.

21. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason Rison didn't come back is the Packers would not offer him a contract. The same was true of Sean Jones. Sean Jones was willing to play for minumum wage and Rison was willing to take a pay cut. That's one time Wolf got a little too big for his britches. If we have both of those guys, we don't lose the second SB with Favre.

I think we should sigh Koren Robinson if he agrees to wear a shock collar. :shock: :lol:

22. brewcrew1702

brewcrew1702 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Whats up guys...I'm new here and anxious to get involved.

Here are my questions that Javon's injury brings up. With Ferguson's new role as a starter, we the staff try to limit him somewhat on special teams since we can ill afford and injury to him now. He is by far our best performer on special teams, but I just don't know if you can justify putting him in the position where an injury would be just devastating to us right now.

23. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive heard we are taking a look at Jerome Pathon. Plus this likely means Fergie and Chatman will be taking out of there special teams play. Maybe putting Davenport and Bragg (if activated) back there to return kicks and punts.

24. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Murphy is supposed to be good at returning kicks. If he's healthy, I see give the rookie the chance to help the receiving game. There's a reason why free agents are free agents. I also hope they move Braggs up.

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Free Agents are Free Agents for more than one reason. Normally because they are not good enough for a 53 man roster spot. Sometimes its because they have an overloaded position and have to let some go. There are also times players are let go because of other issues as well.