Exceeding and Failing so far...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers: I don't care if he's gonna be 40 by the end of the regular season. He's deified by Packers fans everywhere, he didn't show up against Minnesota, and barely did against Tampa Bay. The INT not only was his fault this past weekend, but I couldn't tell you with WHERE he threw that ball what he thought he could do with that throw and get a positive outcome. This was a Favre into triple coverage type mind boggling throw.
Really? So a QB that is working with probaly the top 5 worst group of receivers in the NFL and you are disappointed? Don't get me wrong, I like Doubs, but he's a late 4th round rookie. If he is your leading receiver after 3 games, doesn't say much for the entire group. I think Rodgers has done a pretty good job, with what has been put around him to work with.

Complaining about an interception by Rodgers and comparing it to Favre moments? Please!

BTW....Rodgers is going to turn 39 in Dec., not 40. Not many QBs in the history of this league have played at his level, yet alone at his age.

Careful what you wish for, Rodgers will be gone before you know it and when he is, guessing you might begin to realize just how good he is/was.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, Reed should be put to the test. Albeit, the Bucs gave up on the run early because we stopped it, the Bears torched us. We drafted Reed to line up with Clark.

Reed has played the second most snaps behind Clark of all defensive linemen. Unfortunately he has especially struggled with tackling so far.

Aaron Rodgers: I don't care if he's gonna be 40 by the end of the regular season. He's deified by Packers fans everywhere, he didn't show up against Minnesota, and barely did against Tampa Bay. The INT not only was his fault this past weekend, but I couldn't tell you with WHERE he threw that ball what he thought he could do with that throw and get a positive outcome. This was a Favre into triple coverage type mind boggling throw.

It's completely unrealistic to expect Rodgers to perform at a better level considering the lack of talent at skill positions aside of running back. With the running game struggling against the Bucs, averaging only 2.83 yards per attempt, it's no surprise the passing game didn't torch their defense for elite numbers.

Reaction score
I think you may be confused on him. He is still on his rookie deal and is only hitting the cap for sub $4M - which isn't crazy. I concur with you of course given my original stance, but he isn't a highly paid seasoned vet however.

Now his 5th year option we picked up for next year ****** me off.....gonna cost us nearly $8M
Oh yeah my bad. I thought he was a 5th year player.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm hoping Savage didn't hit his peak as a Rookie. He has much better players around him now, than he did back then, so he should be doing more. I think the Packers must like him, otherwise I doubt they would have exercised Savage's fifth-year option. Only 3 games in, with some new pieces on Defense, I'm not going to worry too much about him just yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For those wringing their hands over The Packers use of timeouts....here is Aarons explanation for you:

Reaction score
I'm hoping Savage didn't hit his peak as a Rookie. He has much better players around him now, than he did back then, so he should be doing more. I think the Packers must like him, otherwise I doubt they would have exercised Savage's fifth-year option. Only 3 games in, with some new pieces on Defense, I'm not going to worry too much about him just yet.
It seems like Darnell is an opportunistic guy. If there’s a ball that gets tossed and its off target, Darnell can occasionally snag it.
He plays pretty average week to week, not necessarily a liability, but also not what you’d expect from a Day 1 selection either. I still remember him being used often as a play disruptor in College. He’d come flying into a play behind LOS, often slowing the ball carrier long enough for other to rally and finish up. I’d like to see him in more packages to use his speed as a downhill defender.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Bak is able to start putting full games together? I have this feeling the entire OL feel is about to change. We saw how we started with him last week and I don’t believe it was coincidence.
While 2020 was defined by our LT Star going down unexpectedly. My contention is that 2022 could be defined by our Star LT unexpectedly rising.

So far so good
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Attachments

• D8616D05-9D33-4823-8A0B-BDC58C279C4F.png
    D8616D05-9D33-4823-8A0B-BDC58C279C4F.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So by comparison....Myers was out last year but JRJ and Newman:

Last year Newman gave up 6 sacks, 5 QB Hits, 21 hurries and 5 penalties on 1,084 snaps. PFF Overall grade (just a metric I know): 55.7 - RunBlk of 51.9 - PssBlk of 60.2
Last year JRJ gave up 2 sacks, 3 QB Hits, 15 hurries and had 1 penalty on 1,053 snaps. PFF Overall grade of 65.1 - RunBlk58.6 - PssBlk of 71.1

This year Newman has given up 2 sacks, 1 QB Hit, 4 hurries and 1 penalty on 191 snaps (61 at RT where 1 sack/2 hurries happened). PFF Overall 57.7 - RunBlk 60.8 - PssBlk 53.4
This year JRJ has given up 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 hurries and 0 penalties on 161 snaps. PFF grade overall of 55.3 - RunBlk of 48.9 - PssBlk of 74.4

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? So a QB that is working with probaly the top 5 worst group of receivers in the NFL and you are disappointed? Don't get me wrong, I like Doubs, but he's a late 4th round rookie. If he is your leading receiver after 3 games, doesn't say much for the entire group. I think Rodgers has done a pretty good job, with what has been put around him to work with.

Complaining about an interception by Rodgers and comparing it to Favre moments? Please!

BTW....Rodgers is going to turn 39 in Dec., not 40. Not many QBs in the history of this league have played at his level, yet alone at his age.

Careful what you wish for, Rodgers will be gone before you know it and when he is, guessing you might begin to realize just how good he is/was.
You missed the part in my post about him being deified AND the part where I questioned what he was trying to do on that play based on where he put the ball...so basically you read 'Aaron Rodgers' disregarded the whole post in general and responded to it anyway.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You missed the part in my post about him being deified AND the part where I questioned what he was trying to do on that play based on where he put the ball...so basically you read 'Aaron Rodgers' disregarded the whole post in general and responded to it anyway.
I see, so in your opinion, anything positive said about Rodgers, is wrong, because he is deified by some.

If you think I disregarded the details of your post, go back and read your post and my response. Just because I don't agree with you and corrected you on Rodgers age as well, doesn't mean I disregarded your whole post.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would agree that it's too early to worry above Savage's performance if he only struggled for the first three games of this season. Unfortunately he didn't perform up to expectations last year as well.

There's no doubt Rodgers deserves blame for the interception against the Bucs. That doesn't change anything about him being an elite quarterback though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So by comparison....Myers was out last year but JRJ and Newman:

Last year Newman gave up 6 sacks, 5 QB Hits, 21 hurries and 5 penalties on 1,084 snaps. PFF Overall grade (just a metric I know): 55.7 - RunBlk of 51.9 - PssBlk of 60.2
Last year JRJ gave up 2 sacks, 3 QB Hits, 15 hurries and had 1 penalty on 1,053 snaps. PFF Overall grade of 65.1 - RunBlk58.6 - PssBlk of 71.1

This year Newman has given up 2 sacks, 1 QB Hit, 4 hurries and 1 penalty on 191 snaps (61 at RT where 1 sack/2 hurries happened). PFF Overall 57.7 - RunBlk 60.8 - PssBlk 53.4
This year JRJ has given up 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 hurries and 0 penalties on 161 snaps. PFF grade overall of 55.3 - RunBlk of 48.9 - PssBlk of 74.4
Very interesting grades. I was under the impression that both Newman and Runyan were better run blockers than pass blockers.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the last rookie wideout to lead the team in receptions was Sterling Sharpe...Romeo Doubs looks like he could do it this year.

That would be huge if it happens. I like this kid and look forward to his development.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My overachiever is Quay. Sometimes it takes rookies a while to adjust to the NFL. And my other one is Doubs, like so many others said.

My underachiever is Dillon. He doesn't seem to be getting as many yards as he did last year. He gets stymied a lot. Of course that could be due to the OL.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see, so in your opinion, anything positive said about Rodgers, is wrong, because he is deified by some.

If you think I disregarded the details of your post, go back and read your post and my response. Just because I don't agree with you and corrected you on Rodgers age as well, doesn't mean I disregarded your whole post.
I have to assume you agree with what he did on that INT based on your two responses to me so far. To me Rodgers made his bones in that two plus period from Week 13 2010 through his first collarbone break. Fans have only started seeing any weaknesses now over the last 3 years as he's coming up close to 40 AND after it's been staring them in the face for about 15 years...but yeah he's still given a pass that NO other QB in this team's history has been given.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exceeded is Doubs, underperformed is Wyatt. Dillon has been what he’s kinda always been, if you need 4 he’ll get 5 and if you need 7 he’ll get 5; fun guy to watch run but not really explosive.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you may be confused on him. He is still on his rookie deal and is only hitting the cap for sub $4M - which isn't crazy. I concur with you of course given my original stance, but he isn't a highly paid seasoned vet however.

Now his 5th year option we picked up for next year ****** me off.....gonna cost us nearly $8M
Amos is the 21st highest paid Safety at $9Mil/yr average, while Savage (right now) is the 36th highest paid Safety.

2023 Amos is a UFA (but still counts $8Mil on GB's dead cap). Savage will be, in '23, at most 24th highest paid Safety at $8mil... but I'm guessing at least 6-10 free agent Safeties will surpass him so he'll still be a 30-something-highest paid Safety.

On topic -
Exceeds: Doubs & O'Donnell... with honorable mention going to Keishean Nixon for ST & D and Dean Lowry.
Falling below expectations: back-up Edge rushers and back-up DL's... need some of these guys to rise-up and take-on the challenge. The starters can't go all year playing 80+% of snaps AND stay healthy... depth guys need to progress.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have to assume you agree with what he did on that INT based on your two responses to me so far. To me Rodgers made his bones in that two plus period from Week 13 2010 through his first collarbone break. Fans have only started seeing any weaknesses now over the last 3 years as he's coming up close to 40 AND after it's been staring them in the face for about 15 years...but yeah he's still given a pass that NO other QB in this team's history has been given.
Your assumption is incorrect, I never really commented on the interception itself. All I just said was that your use of "Favre into triple coverage type mind boggling throw", to describe it, was off base in my opinion. I never really heard who's "fault" the interception was, but given the few that Rodgers throws per year, I would never compare any of them to Favre.

Also, while I don't expect you to know this, I actually was one of the people ripping on Rodgers off field stuff over the last 18 or so months. So no, I don't give him a free pass, nor have I deified him at anytime. However, you saying that fans have been wrong about him and it has been staring at them for 15 years? If you are talking about his level of play, I would say that you seriously do not know what you are talking about.

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the last rookie wideout to lead the team in receptions was Sterling Sharpe...Romeo Doubs looks like he could do it this year.

That would be huge if it happens. I like this kid and look forward to his development.
Neat. If he does that he’d truly be in running for a Rookie of the year nomination. Olave is on fire right now, but he was expected to come in on fire also. Doubs might be an Offensive best value selection though, considering 131 players were drafted before him in 2022.

What in the world is going on with Devonte Wyatt??? He’s had 23 Defensive snaps in 3 contests total?? That’s averaging 7.7 snaps per game and no rookie can excel in that limited usage. Has he been hurt? Jordan Davis got that in his first game and they thought he was ignored and we recognize conditioning was a concern. But imo Wyatt should have 20+ snaps per game. Not 7.
Place Kenny over Center and Wyatt in between him and Gary and watch what happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

My underachiever is Dillon. He doesn't seem to be getting as many yards as he did last year. He gets stymied a lot. Of course that could be due to the OL.

Dillon doesn't gain as many yards after contact as he did in the past two years either though.

Nobody is giving Rodgers a pass on his mistakes, I clearly stated that he was the one responsible for the interception vs. the Bucs. You need to realize that he makes less mistakes than any other quarterback in NFL history has done and is definitely one of the best to ever play the position.

Dillon has been what he’s kinda always been, if you need 4 he’ll get 5 and if you need 7 he’ll get 5; fun guy to watch run but not really explosive.

Unfortunately that number dropped to 3.5 yards so far this season though.

Savage will be, in '23, at most 24th highest paid Safety at $8mil... but I'm guessing at least 6-10 free agent Safeties will surpass him so he'll still be a 30-something-highest paid Safety.

Savage hasn't played like a top 30 safety since the start of last season though.

What in the world is going on with Devonte Wyatt??? He’s had 23 Defensive snaps in 3 contests total?? That’s averaging 7.7 snaps per game and no rookie can excel in that limited usage. Has he been hurt? Jordan Davis got that in his first game and they thought he was ignored and we recognize conditioning was a concern. But imo Wyatt should have 20+ snaps per game. Not 7.
Place Kenny over Center and Wyatt in between him and Gary and watch what happens.

Wyatt struggled during camp and preseason as well. Therefore it was to be expected that he doesn't receive a lot of playing time early this season. There's no reason to put him on the field just because he was a first rounder over another player who is currently able to perform at a higher level.

Members online

Latest posts