Ever picked against the Packers?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just asking who among us Packers fans are either such homers that you will always pick them to win no matter how good the other team is, in office or online pools or pick contests or betting among friends or through a bookie.
Or have/do you ever pick for the other team yet still hope and want the Pack to win?

In the weekly online contest, I'll pick 'em for the Jets but right now I'm not too sure of their chances against Detroit after the way the Lions ate up the Giants for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner.
I'll see how the two big cats fight in Carolina where the Panthers are 1-0 as well.
I will most likely pick the mane ones for that game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked against them several times last year. Actually probably average 2-3 times a season. My son the TB bucs fan has picked against them every time in the 5-6 years we've been in a yahoo groups pick'em contest. He usually winds up around 60% by seasons end holding up the other 3 dozen regular pickers. I usually get in the top 10 or so.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually a couple of games a year at least. I did last year against the 49ers in the playoffs and I did last week at Seattle as well.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah ... I do. Matter of fact, I didn't see the Pack beating the Seahawks for one minute last week, and said so....but it killed me to watch myself be right. Oddly, here in NE Wisconsin, you'll find a good number of people who recognize when the Pack are going up against a more talented team and won't hesitate to drop the "snowball's chance..." reference.

That doesn't make them bad Packers fans, that makes them thinking fans of the game itself in my book. As much as we want it to be, wishing ain't gonna make it so. Still, I plant my keester in front of that TV with my lucky Packer socks on and "let 'em play the game" ... because, contrary to conventional wisdom, the better team always wins. (Starting countdown to the first "Fail Mary" reference ... 10...9...8....

Anyway, when I 'm doing that, the folks who know me, know that when I predict a Packers' win by 1/2 of 1 point, that I feel that they're not going to win. Last week, I was just out-and-out predicting that the Pack would be out-classed and I don't think anyone can argue that the Seahawks are the class of the league (until they start losing players to injury this season - and, I think that's the only way they DON'T repeat).

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I've been in football pools on and off (mostly on) since the mid-1970s so yes, I've picked against the Packers. I currently have a formula that's worked pretty well for the last decade or so; when the formula "tells me" to pick against them I do. (The pool I'm currently in has about 50 participants so I'm certainly not saying I've cracked the code for picking games.) In all my time as a Packers fan I have hoped they would lose a game just once - the 1988 "Aikman bowl" and of course they won. If you were a fan during the post-Lombardi dark ages you probably understand that. If you didn't share that experience, you may not.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
All the time. :)

On another note. I very seldom pick my Vikings to win. And I never bet that they will. Guarantee's a loss.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010 after we lost to the Lions, I thought we were hopeless, and picked against them the rest of the season and then deep into the playoffs. Genius. I have the same feeling with this current team, and hope I'm just as wrong.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. Never picked against them and never will.

Also, Packer players tend to get drafted earlier in fantasy football by me than they are worth.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Just asking who among us Packers fans are either such homers that you will always pick them to win no matter how good the other team is, in office or online pools or pick contests or betting among friends or through a bookie.
Or have/do you ever pick for the other team yet still hope and want the Pack to win?

In the weekly online contest, I'll pick 'em for the Jets but right now I'm not too sure of their chances against Detroit after the way the Lions ate up the Giants for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner.
I'll see how the two big cats fight in Carolina where the Panthers are 1-0 as well.
Yes, in the 60's, 70's and 80's when I bled blue and yellow (actually blue and white in the 60's) Since I came over to the Pack when the Rams moved out of town, NEVER!!!!!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The notion has never even crossed my mind. Not once!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, I've picked against them in the past and my oldest son chewed me out. In his words; "They're your team, Pops. You NEVER pick against your own team, no matter who they are playing." I responded that I was just being a realist. Then he said; "I thought you were a good fan of the Pack. Don't pick against them again." LOL

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost felt like picking the Lions today and I regret that I didn't. So far I would have only had one loss instead of two.
If Da Bears win, I may pick them against the Pack. Yeah, I know, but I gotta be a realist.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I picked em to win by one half of one point. Hell, they got stuffed on the road.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I picked them to lose in my yahoo groups pick'em contest. I don't expect to do that again until maybe the Carolina game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I pick against the Packers sometimes

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Picked against them this week in my confidence pool. Am in second place out of about 90 for the week but cant win even with the game left tonight. :(

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

I would say I am a 99%Homer, only once have I bet against them and that was the 85bears when they brought a refrigerator to the game against the packers, it was just a bet that I was 100% sure they would lose that game at home..

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Da Bears winning two road games in a row and the Pack losing one, it's hard to know who to pick.
Of course I'm happy if they lose but I am considering picking the Bears.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Da Bears winning two road games in a row and the Pack losing one, it's hard to know who to pick.
Of course I'm happy if they lose but I am considering picking the Bears.

I'll be picking the Packers this time since i'm in Illinois and most of the pool will be on the Bears. Probably not for very many points though.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I picked the Bears.
But now I switched it to the Pack.
I have a feeling they are going to find a way to win this one.
I hope they don't let me down and make me regret changing my pick as I did for the NY/DC game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts