Euro 2016

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thats the plan, depending on the weather. And if its only raining we will move up to the North to Scotland.
Looking forward to drive on the wrong side of the road, wrong-way drivers everywhere in this country....:rolleyes::D

I think you have to drive on the wrong side of the car too. Isn't the wheel on the right seat, instead of the left?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Looking good in the kick around England. It went to ruin when it kicked off !

I

I'm using my own car :p
Thats means the wheel where it belongs but still strange Brits driving on the wrong side of the road.;)

I`ll warn Wales there is a maniac German coming and to park their cars in safe garages etc. :D

I

Be careful though and don`t run over any sheep. They are very protective of their girlfriends in Wales :whistling:.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I'm using my own car :p
Thats means the wheel where it belongs but still strange Brits driving on the wrong side of the road.;)

I've done both... my own car and take a company pool car. The difficulty of the right hand drive is not in steering, rather in shifting gears with your left hand. A bit tricky in that the pattern of the gears is not mirrored. 1st gear is the furthest from your knee rather than being the closest.

Driving a regular vehicle in the UK poses a couple of problems to watch out for. The most obvious is the overtaking on a two lane highway. Intersections that join at acute angles can be real tricky because looking to see if somebody is coming over your right shoulder is nearly impossible.

Here is the obscure one though. Watch out turning off of one way streets back onto two way streets... (or if you decide to get gasoline on the opposite side). One way streets can lull you into the sense that everything is normal again, and you mistakenly turn back out onto oncoming traffic.

All in all I find being a pedestrian more dangerous. I almost got killed twice... (strangely enough both times in exactly the same place). #roundabout #curryhouse #kingfisher

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've done both... my own car and take a company pool car. The difficulty of the right hand drive is not in steering, rather in shifting gears with your left hand. A bit tricky in that the pattern of the gears is not mirrored. 1st gear is the furthest from your knee rather than being the closest.

Driving a regular vehicle in the UK poses a couple of problems to watch out for. The most obvious is the overtaking on a two lane highway. Intersections that join at acute angles can be real tricky because looking to see if somebody is coming over your right shoulder is nearly impossible.

Here is the obscure one though. Watch out turning off of one way streets back onto two way streets... (or if you decide to get gasoline on the opposite side). One way streets can lull you into the sense that everything is normal again, and you mistakenly turn back out onto oncoming traffic.

All in all I find being a pedestrian more dangerous. I almost got killed twice... (strangely enough both times in exactly the same place). #roundabout #curryhouse #kingfisher
I "enjoyed" driving a right hand car in Malaysia without automatic transmission and even survived driving in Kuala Lumpur :D Yeah, it's exactly as you describe it - especially overtaking is a problem.
And I found it difficult to be concentrated every morning when you start your trip because you are simply not used to drive on the left side of the road and driving in your own car doesnt help to remind you. In this case it would be better to rent a right hand car because everytime you get in you notice immediately that something is "wrong" ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Hmmm. We've got Scotty's and Engrishmen. Where's the Irish fans?

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
And I found it difficult to be concentrated every morning when you start your trip because you are simply not used to drive on the left side of the road and driving in your own car doesnt help to remind you. In this case it would be better to rent a right hand car because everytime you get in you notice immediately that something is "wrong" ;)

Indeed. Absolutely true this nessie. My personal graduation was when I started getting flashed by stationary radar in right hand cars too. :D

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Some shocking results today:

Iceland 3:0 Turkey
Czech 2:1 Netherlands
Bosnia-Herzegovina 1:2 Cyprus

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
England 5:0 San Marino - About what I expected

Slovakia 2:1 Spain - A bit of a shocker there

Slovenia 1:0 Swiss - I always thought the Swiss were a bit overrated going into the Brazil WC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts