Euro 2016

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutted that Germany are on their way out. Really hope Ronaldo leads Portugal to victory on Sunday evening.

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats France, it's not the better team that won today but at least a very solid performance and a little help by two mistakes by German players did it for them.
Think I'd prefer France over Portugal on Sunday....:cautious:;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Go France. Go **** in your shorts Portugal... you Divers and Divas.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
French are too smug. Players, their manager and the useless pundits that we have to put up with on our telly. We have to listen to waffle from Tierry Henry who, Bundesbiers, was a far bigger cheat than any of the Portuguese players.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
French are too smug. Players, their manager and the useless pundits that we have to put up with on our telly. We have to listen to waffle from Tierry Henry who, Bundesbiers, was a far bigger cheat than any of the Portuguese players.

Thierry Henry doesn't even play anymore. He's old news. Lets stay current.

I don't see ANY French players ripping off their shirts when they score a goal like the arrogant Ronaldo. Look what he did after he scored on the header as soon as the pile of players got off him near the corner.... he did this ridiculous "Look at me, I'm the greatest that ever lived" pose. I don't see any French players doing that.

Current players on Portugal like Pepe have been cheapshot artists. I don't see Sagna, Koscielny or any other current French players leveling cheapshots.

No brainer... Go France.

*** Portugal.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see ANY French players ripping off their shirts when they score a goal like the arrogant Ronaldo. Look what he did after he scored on the header as soon as the pile of players got off him near the corner.... he did this ridiculous "Look at me, I'm the greatest that ever lived" pose. I don't see any French players doing that.

.[/QUOTE]

That's because none of the French players are anywhere near great. Ronaldo is up there with the greatest ever European footballers of all time. There is only Cruyff, Muller ( Gerd) and Beckenbaur who are above him on the list.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Kingsley Coman plays for France. Renato Sanches plays for Portugal. Both play for Bayern, so I'm torn. But Ronaldo's comments about other team's "celebrating like they won the world cup" ring real hypocritical to me after the way he often behaves on a goal. I'm hoping France wins.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Well after Gotze's lackluster euro performance I am doubtful about him staying with FCB

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really hope Ronaldo turns on the style tonight. He will be the best player on the pitch as far as stats, ability & desire too. Just want him to put in a performance that proves it. Portugal to win 2-1.

Last edited:

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least he might get more playing time and to me a better idea than returning to BVB.
However, Goetze is overrated imho....

I totally agree. He is a good player, but not a great player. BVB suited him, but I always think it is a mistake to go back to an old club. Having said all that I would love to have him at Man United instead of fat boy Rooney.

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. He is a good player, but not a great player. BVB suited him, but I always think it is a mistake to go back to an old club. Having said all that I would love to have him at Man United instead of fat boy Rooney.
Do you think that Rooney really might leave ManU ? I've read some articles where they say that he's going to lose his place if Pogba joins ManU....

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think that Rooney really might leave ManU ? I've read some articles where they say that he's going to lose his place if Pogba joins ManU....

Unfortunately I think Jose will keep him - but he was past his best 5 years ago now. Sir Alex should have sold him before he retired. We won't win anything whilst Rooney is still involved - with either United or England. But quite honestly I don't care about England - crap country and crap football team!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Renaldo gets a knock, so now if portugal loses it will be because Renaldo wasn't 100% :cautious: