ESPN vs NFL Network

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw an article that breaks down the coverage between ESPN and the NFL network. I wondered where everone will be camped out. Of course not as many people have the NFL Network.

ESPN Vs. NFL Network

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
NFL Network as I can't stand Kiper or McShay (annoying as well).. give me Maylock and that group.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We only get 3 hours of ESPN coverage here in Canada on TSN so I will probably toggle between the two and avoid as much commercials as possible. Thank God for the NFL Network which we just got 2 years ago, as now I can watch who Green Bay actually selects and the discussions that go on prior to their pick. Other than AJ Hawk, I never witnessed a live GB pick because of our limited coverage.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be flipping back and forth between channels and also on the net (here at the PF of course).
(I wonder what the over/under line is for the networks breaking for commercial when GB is on the clock? Probably 6.)
It is interesting to read Matt Mc Guire's article at the above link.
He doesn't like ESPN's Clayton or Mc Shay for some unknown reason he DOES like Kiper. While he likes Berman, he gives a small edge to NFL's Eisen. He likes NFL's Schefter and Mayock but then gives the overall edge on day 1 to ESPN. Mainly because of the pretty sounds and graphics.
They can cut out all the pretty dressing and just give me the facts.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i watch espn. Comcast (Cable Nazis) charge an extra $12/month for a crappy sports package that includes NFLN. that's on top of the $82/month i already pay for the Digital Starter Package.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i watch espn. Comcast (Cable Nazis) charge an extra $12/month for a crappy sports package that includes NFLN. that's on top of the $82/month i already pay for the Digital Starter Package.
I dumped the ****'s and went to a dish, Direct TV. Free at last! :joy:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Boomer and Keyshaun (if he makes the lineup this year).

Mayock is easily the best analyst, though, hands down.

Kiper sucks balls. Footballs.

So, after much deliberation, I choose ESPN while teams that I don't care much about are picking, due to the pretty bells and whistles, and somehow shinier camera lenses, resulting in a much crisper picture.

But during the Packers pick, and likely after division rivals' picks, I'll go over to NFLN for Mayock's breakdown of the player.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFLN is better than ESPN is just about every football aspect outside of Sunday Countdown.

That's my opinion at least. With that said I'll probably go back and forth between the two because I like to hear all the opinions.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With that said I'll probably go back and forth between the two because I like to hear all the opinions.

I guess that is why you won the Lombardi Award. Willing to do your NFL homework no matter how much other stuff gets ignored. :p

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
With that said I'll probably go back and forth between the two because I like to hear all the opinions.

I guess that is why you won the Lombardi Award. Willing to do your NFL homework no matter how much other stuff gets ignored. :p

there's a man who's got his priorities straight!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll probably see whose feed comes in first(even though it will be by a second or 2) and watch that. I must know who the Packers pick as fast as possible.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have either channel but does anyone know of good places to watch/track on the internet?

I will probably bounce back and forth between ESPN and NFL.com. But I will look at CBS Sportsline and Fox as well.

PLUS I will be right here as well.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN is where I will be. Also, the Tromadz lounge which opens at one o'clock Green Bay time. I am sure ESPN or NFL.com will have some kind of decent coverage.

Reaction score
NFLN for me, like Katana said up here in Canada we only get 3 hours of ESPN coverage.

I really like Adam Schefter's reports, I trust him to be the first to break any stories regarding the Packers on draft day.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll be in the lounge just as soon as i can. I have to go to costco at noon, and promised the better half i'd buy her lunch. i hope to be back here and in the lounge by about 3... I hope. What time will the Packers' first pick be? Draft starts at 2:00 CST, and 29 teams pick before us. Let's say an average of 9 minutes per pick. 9 x 29 = 261 minutes. 261 minutes = 4 hours and 21 minutes. Oh yeah, 3:00 should work out just fine. see ya there

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't stand ESPN, NFL Network is the spot to be.

The crew of knuckleheads that ESPN employs just irritates me. I don't mind Kiper so much, it's the other idiots around him. I also hate when they flip to a studio where a group of has-beens and current players give their opinions on the picks.