EQ is at a crossroads...

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's another team out there waiting for the chance to sign EQ to a deal paying him more than the Packers might be able to offer.

I don't think so either. I do think he can latch onto a roster somewhere the way guys like Tim Boyle and Montravious Adams have.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yes and Rodgers still brought him up as a player that Gute shouldn't have let walk. Given that he has 1 catch for 22 yds in his 2 seasons since leaving, I think AR is wrong on this one. However, what Jake is further proof of is that AR can make a below average WR look average.
Like Rodgers has said before, there's a difference in him throwing someone the ball. Cobb is a prime example of that. I think Rodgers values studying the play book, precise route running, and being exactly where you say you're going to be over supreme talent. Now luckily we have a guy like Davante that's just the whole package, but that's rare obviously.

Same concept as some guys that came through New England over the years with Brady.

Not to say he's necessarily right about Kumerow, but I just think Rodgers' skillset gives certain types of receivers a much better chance at succeeding than with other guys.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this, I could see Rodgers convincing EQ to travel where he goes IF he leaves. AR loves EQ, not saying AR thinks he is a #1 or #2 or even a #3, but he sees a ton in him - just like the Kumerow days.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Like Rodgers has said before, there's a difference in him throwing someone the ball. Cobb is a prime example of that. I think Rodgers values studying the play book, precise route running, and being exactly where you say you're going to be over supreme talent. Now luckily we have a guy like Davante that's just the whole package, but that's rare obviously.

Same concept as some guys that came through New England over the years with Brady.

Not to say he's necessarily right about Kumerow, but I just think Rodgers' skillset gives certain types of receivers a much better chance at succeeding than with other guys.
I'll say this, I could see Rodgers convincing EQ to travel where he goes IF he leaves. AR loves EQ, not saying AR thinks he is a #1 or #2 or even a #3, but he sees a ton in him - just like the Kumerow days.
I agree with both of you and if Rodgers has one fault on the field, I would say that this is his biggest. He seems to have his favorites and those favorites may have done more off the field in Rodgers eyes, to deserve the targets, than they have done on the field to deserve them. Most of us have played some type of Team Sport, so it is hard to argue with his logic, you tend to trust guys that have earned that trust. Also hard to call this a "fault" of Rodgers, since he has been very successful.

I think that TT, Gute, MM and MLF have all recognized this and it is probably why we haven't seen a ton of turnover in the WR room over the years. One of my fears of bringing in Beckham was that he might do something to irritate #12 and instead of being a plus to the team, he becomes a minus.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree with both of you and if Rodgers has one fault on the field, I would say that this is his biggest. He seems to have his favorites and those favorites may have done more off the field in Rodgers eyes, to deserve the targets, than they have done on the field to deserve them. Most of us have played some type of Team Sport, so it is hard to argue with his logic, you tend to trust guys that have earned that trust. Also hard to call this a "fault" of Rodgers, since he has been very successful.

I think that TT, Gute, MM and MLF have all recognized this and it is probably why we haven't seen a ton of turnover in the WR room over the years. One of my fears of bringing in Beckham was that he might do something to irritate #12 and instead of being a plus to the team, he becomes a minus.
I agree, and for some of the lower level guys in our WR room, I'll take a more studious and precise guy with less talent than a more talented bonehead who doesn't know the playbook and runs the wrong routes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree, and for some of the lower level guys in our WR room, I'll take a more studious and precise guy with less talent than a more talented bonehead who doesn't know the playbook and runs the wrong routes.
Agreed. I think when you have a QB like Rodgers, who can be super accurate with his throws, a WR in the right spot is more valuable to the team, than a guy that can make a circus catch. Now that same group of WR's playing with Jordan Love, might create some issues.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Agreed. I think when you have a QB like Rodgers, who can be super accurate with his throws, a WR in the right spot is more valuable to the team, than a guy that can make a circus catch. Now that same group of WR's playing with Jordan Love, might create some issues.
Exactly right.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

or might not :) (gotta keep poking the Love haters out there) LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
or might not :) (gotta keep poking the Love haters out there) LOL
I said that mainly because when Rodgers hasn't been able to go, we saw a substantial drop off to the offense under Love, Kizer and Hundley. Obviously, just the skill level separating Rodgers from those 3 guys is enough to explain the lack of offense under a backup QB, but I also think it has something to do with an offense that relies too heavily on one really great WR and some pretty average ones.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said that mainly because when Rodgers hasn't been able to go, we saw a substantial drop off to the offense under Love, Kizer and Hundley. Obviously, just the skill level separating Rodgers from those 3 guys is enough to explain the lack of offense under a backup QB, but I also think it has something to do with an offense that relies too heavily on one really great WR and some pretty average ones.

We haven't seen Love with a full week of preparation though - he might have put up 30 against the Chiefs had he had a full week....we shall never know LOL

(evil grin creeps across Tyni's face as he hits the post reply button)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Didn't Funchess just sign with somebody?

The odd part. 49's signed him on 11/24 and just put him on IR yesterday. Maybe he got hurt again?

Funchess is making Bank, while never playing a down since 2019. Even in 2019, he broke his collarbone early with the Colts and never played again.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think so either. I do think he can latch onto a roster somewhere the way guys like Tim Boyle and Montravious Adams have.

It's possible that EQ signs with another team next offseason but I disagree with your suggestion that he will be paid significantly more than the minimum possible considering his experience.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible that EQ signs with another team next offseason but I disagree with your suggestion that he will be paid significantly more than the minimum possible considering his experience.

I don't believe I said significantly.

I said more.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
...or Dillon will be running for 2,000 yds and the run/pass ratio will be 60/40. Call us Tennessee West. ;)
Scary thought, but probably more likely if Rodgers leaves. I prefer the way things are in Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood, but due to his tiff with the McGuteys and McMurphy's, his time in the Neighborhood might be coming to an end.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never know I was thinking Aaron Jones just might catch a few passes and run for a couple of yards next year.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, there was a three-play stretch in last night's NO-DAL game (maybe a couple plays in between?) where Cooper, then Lamb, then Gallup caught huge passes, ending with the most beautiful TD catch by Gallup...I nearly wept thinking what Rodgers could do with a trio like that. Just a different league of skill at #2 and #3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts