EQ is at a crossroads...

D

Deleted member 6794

And yeah - if Rodgers spreads the ball around, as pinpoint accurate as he is, most will get caught, the yards and points will pile up. I think that's always been true but Rodgers guards that low pic number like it was one of his non-existent kids. I'm not asking him to be as careless as Favre, but sometimes being too careful means too many three and outs. Stafford threw 12 picks while throwing for close to 4700 yards and a SB ring. I think Rodgers would fold if he threw 10 pics. He'd break down and cry. So what if it means more offensive production and more wins? I'm not looking for him to be careless. I'm looking for him to take more intelligent risks.

It's funny that we've had two HOF QBs over the last 30 years. One has thrown the most INTs in NFL history (I think that's still true) and one the least. Something in the middle probably would have brought in another Lombardi or two. Just a thought and just my opinion.

As Poker correctly pointed out my previous post was said tongue-in-cheek. The Packers desperately need to add talent at wide receiver for the offense to be successful next season. While they might benefit from Rodgers taking some more risk him throwing more interceptions doesn't do them any good.

I think Captain was saying that with his tongue in his cheek. ;)

I could be wrong.

Spot-on, Poker ;)

Rodgers may have to accept more pics as a fact of life, if he's even capable of that. But yeah, I expect them to move the ball better this year. It may take a month, but they can do it.

Gutekunst needs to add significantly more talent to the receiving corps before I even consider the offense being able to move the ball better in 2022.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Poker correctly pointed out my previous post was said tongue-in-cheek. The Packers desperately need to add talent at wide receiver for the offense to be successful next season. While they might benefit from Rodgers taking some more risk him throwing more interceptions doesn't do them any good.

Spot-on, Poker ;)

Gutekunst needs to add significantly more talent to the receiving corps before I even consider the offense being able to move the ball better in 2022.
OK well maybe we can agree that the Packers need to find legit #1 and #2 WRs. They could use draft capital to trade for a WR, and they could stay put at #22 or try to move up to grab a WR who can start, or start quickly. They won't go far with Lazard at #1 and MVS at #2, if they even resign MVS. The GM has his work cut out for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

OK well maybe we can agree that the Packers need to find legit #1 and #2 WRs. They could use draft capital to trade for a WR, and they could stay put at #22 or try to move up to grab a WR who can start, or start quickly. They won't go far with Lazard at #1 and MVS at #2, if they even resign MVS. The GM has his work cut out for him.

I definitely agree the Packers need to add a #1 and #2 receiver before the start of the season. I would prefer one of them to be a veteran and the other an early round draft pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I definitely agree the Packers need to add a #1 and #2 receiver before the start of the season. I would prefer one of them to be a veteran and the other an early round draft pick.
I just don't see that adding 2 WR's is enough to replace Adams and MVS. Especially with one of them being a rookie.

I'd love to see 3 WR's added. Either 2 FA's and a first rounder in the draft. Or 2 in the the first 4 picks and 1 Vet. Time to restock the WR room. Oh and add a TE while you are at it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just don't see that adding 2 WR's is enough to replace Adams and MVS. Especially with one of them being a rookie.

I'd love to see 3 WR's added. Either 2 FA's and a first rounder in the draft. Or 2 in the the first 4 picks and 1 Vet. Time to restock the WR room. Oh and add a TE while you are at it.

Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way for Gutekunst to adequately replace Adams. He has to significantly upgrade the receiving corps before the start of the season though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep and I think that's absolutely the best we can hope for. And now that they've added a veteran iDL, they can either use pick #22, or move up in the round to get an NFL-ready rookie. Well, we can hope he's ready.....

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't believe there's any way for Gutekunst to adequately replace Adams. He has to significantly upgrade the receiving corps before the start of the season though.
Agreed. He's not gonna replace Adams. Remaining FA class is picked over. He could package some draft capital in a trade, but how would he pay someone good enough now that the threshold for WRs has risen to $30 mil/year? I don't mean to be all doomsday. Maybe three solid WRs is enough to at least get close to what Adams produced.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed, unless they get extremely lucky in the draft, they aren't going to instantly replace Davante. However, what they can do through Free Agency and the draft, is to try to improve the WR room as a whole, from the ones we saw in 2020 and 2021. Adding a FA vet (or 2), as well as 1-2 first and 2nd round rookies, would go a long way towards that goal.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, unless they get extremely lucky in the draft, they aren't going to instantly replace Davante. However, what they can do through Free Agency and the draft, is to try to improve the WR room as a whole, from the ones we saw in 2020 and 2021. Adding a FA vet (or 2), as well as 1-2 first and 2nd round rookies, would go a long way towards that goal.
Which off the remaining FA WRs do you guys like? I don't follow it that close. MVS is gone on a 3 year, $30 mil deal. I thought $7 or $8 mil would be a stretch. But I give the Chiefs credit for moving so soon after losing Hill. The Packers need to show a little hustle.

Saw a mock today that has Chris Olave going to them at #22. Again I don't know the remaining FA talent well. I'm sorry Allen Robinson went to the Rams but I doubt GB could have signed him. What about Jarvis Landry?

As for the draft, I'd be ok with Olave. I'd prefer Drake London given his size. If they want the first WR off the board, they'll have to package some picks and move up.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which off the remaining FA WRs do you guys like? I don't follow it that close. MVS is gone on a 3 year, $30 mil deal. I thought $7 or $8 mil would be a stretch. But I give the Chiefs credit for moving so soon after losing Hill. The Packers need to show a little hustle.

Saw a mock today that has Chris Olave going to them at #22. Again I don't know the remaining FA talent well. I'm sorry Allen Robinson went to the Rams but I doubt GB could have signed him. What about Jarvis Landry?

As for the draft, I'd be ok with Olave. I'd prefer Drake London given his size. If they want the first WR off the board, they'll have to package some picks and move up.

The free agents at wide receiver currently available include OBJ, Keelan Cole, Jamison Crowder, Will Fuller, A.J. Green, T.Y. Hilton, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Emmanuel Sanders and Sammy Watkins.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The free agents at wide receiver currently available include OBJ, Keelan Cole, Jamison Crowder, Will Fuller, A.J. Green, T.Y. Hilton, Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Emmanuel Sanders and Sammy Watkins.
Thanks. Man it wasn't that long ago those guys were among the best WRs in the league. Now they're leftover FAs. Life is short. I've always liked Sammy Watkins and Emmanuel Sanders. But "liked" is past tense. Maybe Gluten can trade for a veteran, but how do they pay him when WR salaries are on a curve going straight up?

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe Gluten can trade for a veteran, but how do they pay him when WR salaries are on a curve going straight up?

The Packers need to find a veteran who is ready to sign for a reasonable deal. That might take some time as some of them might hope to receive a better offer from another team though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need to find a veteran who is ready to sign for a reasonable deal. That might take some time as some of them might hope to receive a better offer from another team though.
Yeah that's true. And some of those guys are probably gonna have to play on one-year, prove-it deals. They can prove they still have it playing with Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts