EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you draw the line? that's fraud. If it was me you or anyone else a two year jail stretch or more would be our reward. I guess there is no line anymore for him and his like. The same with those Olympic drug cheats they get a two year ban and are competing at the next games what a joke, ban them for life. Im not guilty unless im caught, even then im not guilty. :speechless:

I agree with every single word PackerFan71, but thats the way it is.
As usual they're catching the small fry and letting the big fish go free.
Btw - I didnt hear any news of the Uli Hoeness case since weeks but I would place a bet that he isnt going to jail as well.

The problem with Olympic drug cheats is that many athletes think they dont cheat because everybody is doing it.
Yesterday the german, former world class cyclist Jan Ullrich admitted that he received blood doping.
But he instists that this was not fraud because everybody did it and he didnt gain any advantage by doing the same.
Thats a weird point of view, isnt it ? :confused::rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I agree with every single word PackerFan71, but thats the way it is.
As usual they're catching the small fry and letting the big fish go free.
Btw - I didnt hear any news of the Uli Hoeness case since weeks but I would place a bet that he isnt going to jail as well.

The problem with Olympic drug cheats is that many athletes think they dont cheat because everybody is doing it.
Yesterday the german, former world class cyclist Jan Ullrich admitted that he received blood doping.
But he instists that this was not fraud because everybody did it and he didnt gain any advantage by doing the same.
Thats a weird point of view, isnt it ? :confused::rolleyes:

I forgot about him ha! no chance of him being jailed just like Messi untouchable.

Weird indeed, win at all costs you don't cheat you don't win in some cases it seems. Its human nature to seek an advantage, but to do so in an underhand way makes me sick. Cheater's will always cheat, they must like what they see in the mirror. :rolleyes:

Changing subject, i survived a season in charge of Chelsea on FM2013 without getting fired. That for me is up there with winning the Champions League in the game. :eek::roflmao:

:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23022840

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot about him ha! no chance of him being jailed just like Messi untouchable.

Weird indeed, win at all costs you don't cheat you don't win in some cases it seems. Its human nature to seek an advantage, but to do so in an underhand way makes me sick. Cheater's will always cheat, they must like what they see in the mirror. :rolleyes:

Changing subject, i survived a season in charge of Chelsea on FM2013 without getting fired. That for me is up there with winning the Champions League in the game. :eek::roflmao:

:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23022840

Congrats ! :tup: :D Where did you finish the season, did you win the Championship, any other title ? ;)

Another unforgettable moment for a Tahiti player, unfortunately I didnt watch the game!
Did you notice that Spain was booed during their win against Tahiti ? :D
Btw - a friend of mine won a trip to Brazil. He will attend the Confed Cup Final, lucky guy !
Although its only a two day trip (!) and it certainly will be a tough trip I wouldnt complain if I had won.:)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Congrats ! :tup: :D Where did you finish the season, did you win the Championship, any other title ? ;)

Another unforgettable moment for a Tahiti player, unfortunately I didnt watch the game!
Did you notice that Spain was booed during their win against Tahiti ? :D
Btw - a friend of mine won a trip to Brazil. He will attend the Confed Cup Final, lucky guy !
Although its only a two day trip (!) and it certainly will be a tough trip I wouldnt complain if I had won.:)

Won the League Cup and finished 4th scraped into the CL, no reserve squad all out on loan. Had to wait a year to have a decent squad until the loans finished. The inevitable when do you replace Lampard/T***y dilemma. Shipped Marin to Inter for £7.5m :tup: Bought in Andy Carroll and Andre Schurlle and put Courtois as new keeper. Youth is the way to go. Surprized ive lasted as long as i have . :D

Torres missed a penalty also, the crowd were delighted. :)

Good work a two day freebie to Brazil!? wow!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Won the League Cup and finished 4th scraped into the CL, no reserve squad all out on loan. Had to wait a year to have a decent squad until the loans finished. The inevitable when do you replace Lampard/T***y dilemma. Shipped Marin to Inter for £7.5m :tup: Bought in Andy Caroll and Andre Schurlle and put Courtois as new keeper. Youth is the way to go. Surprized ive lasted as long as i have . :D

Torres missed a penalty also, the crowd were delighted. :)

Good work a two day freebie to Brazil!? wow!

7.5 m for Marko Marin !? This is like making gold of sh** ! :confused::D
How much did you pay for Andy Carroll ?
In real life the Hammers recently paid 15m GBP as much as I know. :eek:

Do you think Chelsea would sign Rooney, PackerFan71 ?
Is there really a market for Rooney outside of Manchester, especially in England ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ne-rooney-than-a-move-to-arsenal-8668978.html
I think if he leaves ManU the best thing he could do is to join a team abroad, Italy or Spain for example.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
7.5 m for Marko Marin !? This is like making gold of sh** ! :confused::D
How much did you pay for Andy Carroll ?
In real life the Hammers recently paid 15m GBP as much as I know. :eek:

Do you think Chelsea would sign Rooney, PackerFan71 ?
Is there really a market for Rooney outside of Manchester, especially in England ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ne-rooney-than-a-move-to-arsenal-8668978.html
I think if he leaves ManU the best thing he could do is to join a team abroad, Italy or Spain for example.

The great leader reduced my budget to zero due to my fondness for a good sized squad, so i decided to get rid of some of the dead wood. I nearly bit their hand off for £7.5m for him. :D
Needed a good Drogba type forward, so went for Carroll 24 years old only £4.5m Steal! :eek::laugh:

Mmmmm......id take Rooney he's worth a gamble, Mourinho would be good for him he's similar to Sir Alec.
Not sure he's clever enough to go abroad.

I like the Bobby Robson quote, thats what made him popular his mistakes. I liked him even though he was coach of the engerlund. Got his Autobiography recently, look forward to reading it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great leader reduced my budget to zero due to my fondness for a good sized squad, so i decided to get rid of some of the dead wood. I nearly bit their hand off for £7.5m for him. :D
Needed a good Drogba type forward, so went for Carroll 24 years old only £4.5m Steal! :eek::laugh:

Mmmmm......id take Rooney he's worth a gamble, Mourinho would be good for him he's similar to Sir Alec.
Not sure he's clever enough to go abroad.

I like the Bobby Robson quote, thats what made him popular his mistakes. I liked him even though he was coach of the engerlund. Got his Autobiography recently, look forward to reading it.

I dont expect him leaving England - if he leaves ManU he will join another EPL team I guess.
Maybe a new coach, a new team and a new environment would do him good ?
It might be his last chance to turn around his career, otherwise he could end up like Michael Owen. :cautious:

Although he obviously struggled with maths Bobby Robson was a great manager :tup: ;)
Is this the book you are going to read? Looks interesting.
http://www.amazon.de/An-Englishman-...8&qid=1372102068&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby+robson
Btw - did you ever hear about his 7.5.m Jason Euell mistake ? I assume thats one of the mistakes you meant. :eek::D
Just found this story while searching for more informations or articles about Sir Bobby Robsons life....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I dont expect him leaving England - if he leaves ManU he will join another EPL team I guess.
Maybe a new coach, a new team and a new environment would do him good ?
It might be his last chance to turn around his career, otherwise he could end up like Michael Owen. :cautious:

Although he obviously struggled with maths Bobby Robson was a great manager :tup: ;)
Is this the book you are going to read? Looks interesting.
http://www.amazon.de/An-Englishman-Abroad-My-Autobiography/dp/0330369857/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372102068&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby robson
Btw - did you ever hear about his 7.5.m Jason Euell mistake ? I assume thats one of the mistakes you meant. :eek::D
Just found this story while searching for more informations or articles about Sir Bobby Robsons life....

From the noises hes making it could be he needs a new challenge, although you can take that with a pinch of salt i remember him saying similar things in the past before signing a a new contract before. We will see.......

No i didn't know about Jason Euell, but just read about it. :roflmao: You can file that alongside the many others, telling Paul Gascoigne that he was too small to make it as a player when Robson had him as a school kid at Ipswich Oooops! He was a good man though who played the game in the right manner. Here's the book i got (Hardback) possibly an updated version of the one you posted.
http://www.amazon.de/Bobby-Robson-Farewell-Goodbye-Autobiography/dp/0340840641/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1372109556&sr=8-8&keywords=bobby robson book

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I am embarrassing myself but I havent noticed him before, any thoughts on this possible transfer, PackerFan71 ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-with-napoli-for-edinson-cavani-8672525.html
Schurrle, maybe Cavani....looks like Torres should start his search for a new team right now... ;)

Just searched your new quote and I agree with Jose, I love watching EPL football on Boxing Day :)
As you know the Bundesliga has a winter/Christmas break until January....boring weeks without football :(

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Maybe I am embarrassing myself but I havent noticed him before, any thoughts on this possible transfer, PackerFan71 ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-with-napoli-for-edinson-cavani-8672525.html
Schurrle, maybe Cavani....looks like Torres should start his search for a new team right now... ;)

Just searched your new quote and I agree with Jose, I love watching EPL football on Boxing Day :)
As you know the Bundesliga has a winter/Christmas break until January....boring weeks without football :(

Oh yeah Cavani, that rumor has been going round for months its like wallpaper you ignore it after a period of time. Top scorer in Italian football, he knows where the net is that cant be bad. Id do a swap deal with Torres to reunite him with Mr Liverpool Rafa. ;) He just could not resist, showing real class would be to keep his opinion to himself.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/24/rafael-benitez-criticism-jose-mourinho

More musical chairs, i grew to like Carlo top man. The hardest job in the game good luck.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23047006

I totally agree with his sentiments there, madness but you need it. So much better than shopping in New York. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Where do you draw the line? that's fraud. If it was me you or anyone else a two year jail stretch or more would be our reward. I guess there is no line anymore for him and his like. The same with those Olympic drug cheats they get a two year ban and are competing at the next games what a joke, ban them for life. Im not guilty unless im caught, even then im not guilty. :speechless:

I guess Messi thought if guys like Steve Jobs could do it, why couldn't he? http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-google-microsoft-coca-cola-taxes-cash-offshore-2013-5

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah Cavani, that rumor has been going round for months its like wallpaper you ignore it after a period of time. Top scorer in Italian football, he knows where the net is that cant be bad. Id do a swap deal with Torres to reunite him with Mr Liverpool Rafa. ;) He just could not resist, showing real class would be to keep his opinion to himself.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/24/rafael-benitez-criticism-jose-mourinho

More musical chairs, i grew to like Carlo top man. The hardest job in the game good luck.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23047006

I totally agree with his sentiments there, madness but you need it. So much better than shopping in New York. :D

Ah, O.K.
To me the Italian Serie A is the least interesting league so I dont watch any games or dont read match reports, I guess thats why I missed Cavani :oops: ;)

A swap deal would be a good chance to get rid of Torres, but I dont expect Rafa and Napoli to be that stupid.:D

Ancelotti is one of the top coaches in Europe but he wont change things at Real, this club is chaos.
But I wonder if Casillas, Reals local hero, will be back between the posts or if he remains on the bench. :confused:

Edit: Another reason why I dont care about Italian football:
http://www.dw.de/italian-police-raid-41-club-offices-in-sick-soccer-probe/a-16904237

The owner of Milan and former president of Italy celebrates "Bunga-Bunga" parties, f**** (sorry!) underaged girls and convicted of tax fraud is still out of prison, Juve bought at least one or even more Championships and now 41 clubs are suspected of tax fraud.
This league is a joke :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ah, O.K.
To me the Italian Serie A is the least interesting league so I dont watch any games or dont read match reports, I guess thats why I missed Cavani :oops: ;)

A swap deal would be a good chance to get rid of Torres, but I dont expect Rafa and Napoli to be that stupid.:D

Ancelotti is one of the top coaches in Europe but he wont change things at Real, this club is chaos.
But I wonder if Casillas, Reals local hero, will be back between the posts or if he remains on the bench. :confused:

Its been reported quite alot here, even as far back as when we we overcame Napoli well over a year ago. ManUre also interested now yawn. :rolleyes: Yes a swap would be ideal, but not even Benitez would go for that one im sure.

Ancelotti is a peacemaker as well as top coach, i wish him all the luck but none to Real. Casillas will be back between the sticks im pretty sure of that. Mourinho is a very strong character and is loyal with those he likes and inspires them. Casillas good keeper but i think he is a wannabe Galactico, not a good match.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Edit : Italian football may well be stylish and sophisticated but there is always the air of ****** and corruption about it.
Does this fellow remind you of anyone? :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes Im nothing but thankful that this isnt possible with my team or any other team in Germany ! :rolleyes:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...eady-to-sell-newcastle--for-267m-8673777.html

Maybe also interesting for you, PackerFan71:
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013...ers-from-andre-schurrles-transfer-to-chelsea/

Indeed a clever move by Leverkusen, will be interesting to see if Heung Ming Son can make the next step.
But Im pretty sure if Jose gives Schurrle enough time to find his place at Chelsea it will be a very good deal for Chelsea too :tup:
Btw, Hamburg is now chasing Roque Santa Cruz.
If you think it couldnt get any worse.......:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sometimes Im nothing but thankful that this isnt possible with my team or any other team in Germany ! :rolleyes:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...eady-to-sell-newcastle--for-267m-8673777.html

Maybe also interesting for you, PackerFan71:
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013...ers-from-andre-schurrles-transfer-to-chelsea/

Indeed a clever move by Leverkusen, will be interesting to see if Heung Ming Son can make the next step.
But Im pretty sure if Jose gives Schurrle enough time to find his place at Chelsea it will be a very good deal for Chelsea too :tup:
Btw, Hamburg is now chasing Roque Santa Cruz.
If you think it couldnt get any worse.......:rolleyes:

Yeah i know terrible owners Newcastle have, maybe we could buy them with the Adidas money. ;) Abramovich may act like a rich foolish child with his lack of tolerance and knowledge of football. But as bad as that is better to have him than a character like Ashley. I'm not so sure now there is a win-win situation with the fan/rich owner option in extreme cases both can be nightmare situations for different reasons. Its not perfect just better, don't change what you have got in Germany.

Yes i watched a couple of you tubes about him, liked what i saw very impressive shooting from distance. :tup: If he performs like that he will be a great signing.

I lost track of him after he left Blackburn Rovers, he did not do so well there. Apparently he played for Malaga in the Champions League this year, they did ok not sure how well he played though hes not getting any younger either.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i know terrible owners Newcastle have, maybe we could buy them with the Adidas money. ;) Abramovich may act like a rich foolish child with his lack of tolerance and knowledge of football. But as bad as that is better to have him than a character like Ashley. I'm not so sure now there is a win-win situation with the fan/rich owner option in extreme cases both can be nightmare situations for different reasons. Its not perfect just better, don't change what you have got in Germany.

Yes i watched a couple of you tubes about him, liked what i saw very impressive shooting from distance. :tup: If he performs like that he will be a great signing.

I lost track of him after he left Blackburn Rovers, he did not do so well there. Apparently he played for Malaga in the Champions League this year, they did ok not sure how well he played though hes not getting any younger either.

Thats exactly the problem. Why paying 2.5 m GBP per year to a 31 yo player whose best days are behind him ?
Why not taking this money and sign some young and talented players instead ? :rolleyes:
I dont understand it and I still hope this transfer wont happen. Silly idea, as said by me several times last season, I want a new manager, I cant stand Mr. Fink :mad:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hmmmm, I dont know much about de Rossi, but he is nearly 30 years old now and the story about his father in law is weird.
There must be better options?
Just back at the hotel after having a pint right after my arrival and on TV at the Pub they said Ryan Giggs retired or to be more precise got a new job as a "player coach" Did I get it right?
Sound was turned off....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I dont know much about de Rossi, but he is nearly 30 years old now and the story about his father in law is weird.
There must be better options?
Just back at the hotel after having a pint right after my arrival and on TV at the Pub they said Ryan Giggs retired or to be more precise got a new job as a "player coach" Did I get it right?
Sound was turned off....

You get two types of Italian player the Uber pro good guys like Vialli, Zola etc then you get Di Canio and his type that's where i think De Rossi is. I don't want him. Plus i did read of an alleged link he had with the incident very concerning.

Apparently Gigg's is retiring at the end of the up coming season, this happens alot. A great coach quits and his players then all think they can do what he did, very few make the cut.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks again for your tip to buy the latest 4-4-2 issue, PackerFan71 :tup:
Enjoyed the article about Brits in the Bundesliga, not only because of King Kev, also because of the nice layout with HSV Crest and club colours at the edge of each page and many great pictures from the 70's :)

I hope you got a copy too, PackerFan71 ? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thanks again for your tip to buy the latest 4-4-2 issue, PackerFan71 :tup:
Enjoyed the article about Brits in the Bundesliga, not only because of King Kev, also because of the nice layout with HSV Crest and club colours at the edge of each page and many great pictures from the 70's :)

I hope you got a copy too, PackerFan71 ? ;)

No probs! :tup: was just leafing through it at the newsagents when i saw the article with HSV colours on it. I thought i better tell you about it. I'm very selective these days and always now look before i buy, but i'm getting this months issue no doubt. ;)

This made me laugh guess the cherub! :D