EPL and British Football

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Anyone seen much of the Euro u21 Championship? Italy v Spain the final in a few days time. Isco has proved he's a real player, classy. Wonder if Pellegrini will try to take him to Man City.

Also it looks like Zidane has told Bale to go to Real Madrid if he wants to reach full potential, I have to agree.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Anyone seen much of the Euro u21 Championship? Italy v Spain the final in a few days time. Isco has proved he's a real player, classy. Wonder if Pellegrini will try to take him to Man City.

Also it looks like Zidane has told Bale to go to Real Madrid if he wants to reach full potential, I have to agree.

No mate not seen any of it at all, i was just reading about the alleged England crisis, being knocked out early. Mildly amusing for me for obvious reasons. Its no biggie its only the U21s, some crisis, :rolleyes: the youngster they promoted to the senior squad Oxlade-Chamberlain, looks decent.

Hes a good player but ill be happy to see the back of him and his simulation.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
No mate not seen any of it at all, i was just reading about the alleged England crisis, being knocked out early. Mildly amusing for me for obvious reasons. Its no biggie its only the U21s, some crisis, :rolleyes: the youngster they promoted to the senior squad Oxlade-Chamberlain, looks decent.

Problem with England... is England, typical English thought process. Not takin our best u21 players to a tournament and yet play them in 2 unimportant friendlies against Rep.Ireland & Brazil, and only P.Jones and Chamberlain (of the u21 players) played any significant time in those games. Why not take our best bunch of youths to tournaments, let them get used to each others company, playing together and also playing in tournament setup.
But no, because we're English we dont need our best players to win these kind of tournaments.

English football is on its backside, nationally and domestically .

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Problem with England... is England, typical English thought process. Not takin our best u21 players to a tournament and yet play them in 2 unimportant friendlies against Rep.Ireland & Brazil, and only P.Jones and Chamberlain (of the u21 players) played any significant time in those games. Why not take our best bunch of youths to tournaments, let them get used to each others company, playing together and also playing in tournament setup.
But no, because we're English we dont need our best players to win these kind of tournaments.

English football is on its backside, nationally and domestically .

There is a serious lack of thought and intelligence in all the home nations, we are behind the continent in almost every aspect of the game at international level. I agree with you on P Jones and Chamberlain. Watching Italy tonight as much as i don't like them they are so much better than anything England will bring to Brazil should they make it, Pirlo was majestic a different class.

Everything is so un-coordinated with regard to the National sides from the Associations. Aswell as that instead of helping their countries the clubs attitude is one of selfish indefference, somethings got to change.
Apparently St Georges park is going to make England win a big tourney in the next 20 years according to someone at the FA, add on another 30 to that and i think he'd be nearer the mark it takes alot more than bricks and mortar. The home FA's should all take a look at what Germany and Belgium did to sort themselves out.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess thats why the German team didnt play a good U21 tournament too, many players joined the senior squad for the recent US trip.
The U21 tournament is a good possibility to give young players playing time at international level but it shouldnt be overvalued.
As long as most of them are warming the bench at their teams and dont get enough playing time during the season a U21 tournament doesnt help at all.
Will be more important to give young players more time on the field instead hiring mediocre players from Bulgaria, Romania or wheresoever.
This is something that has changed in many german clubs, more and more teams prefer young domestic players and this is maybe one of the main reasons why Germany is quite competitive on a top level although we are still waiting for another major championship.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

It wouldnt be a bargain for Real, 85 m GBP for Bale sounds crazy :eek: ;)
But in case United signs Ronaldo it could make sense....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I guess thats why the German team didnt play a good U21 tournament too, many players joined the senior squad for the recent US trip.
The U21 tournament is a good possibility to give young players playing time at international level but it shouldnt be overvalued.
As long as most of them are warming the bench at their teams and dont get enough playing time during the season a U21 tournament doesnt help at all.
Will be more important to give young players more time on the field instead hiring mediocre players from Bulgaria, Romania or wheresoever.
This is something that has changed in many german clubs, more and more teams prefer young domestic players and this is maybe one of the main reasons why Germany is quite competitive on a top level although we are still waiting for another major championship.

Germany is doing it right by the sound of it, youngsters are lifeblood of the game. In Scotland there is a wealth of young talent, but for some reason its never comes through at the top level. I think culture and attitude are as much an issue as anything, too many distractions. Darren Fletcher of ManU is the only real quality international class player we have produced in the last 15-20 years, thats just not good enough.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Germany is doing it right by the sound of it, youngsters are lifeblood of the game. In Scotland there is a wealth of young talent, but for some reason its never comes through at the top level. I think culture and attitude are as much an issue as anything, too many distractions. Darren Fletcher of ManU is the only real quality international class player we have produced in the last 15-20 years, thats just not good enough.

Unfortunately the SPL isnt one of the Europe's top leagues, I think this part of the problem too.
Having a healthy, balanced league would be a first step, but instead its getting worse.

I'm afraid with a 15 points deduction Hearts wont have a chance to remain in the SPL.
Its a shame and I feel sorry for all Hearts fans. :mad::(

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unfortunately the SPL isnt one of the Europe's top leagues, I think this part of the problem too.
Having a healthy, balanced league would be a first step, but instead its getting worse.

I'm afraid with a 15 points deduction Hearts wont have a chance to remain in the SPL.
Its a shame and I feel sorry for all Hearts fans. :mad::(

In simple terms nessie most of these smaller clubs in the SPL are up to their ears in debt from years ago, running to stand still. Yep it could be relegation for them, Hearts and Rangers spent money they never had and paid the price as you know. This has a knock on effect on all the others in a small country.

Btw Nigeria were really sloppy and let Tahiti score thats so embarrassing. :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In simple terms nessie most of these smaller clubs in the SPL are up to their ears in debt from years ago, running to stand still. Yep it could be relegation for them, Hearts and Rangers spent money they never had and paid the price as you know. This has a knock on effect on all the others in a small country.

Btw Nigeria were really sloppy and let Tahiti score thats so embarrassing. :laugh:

Hmmm, and what's the solution? Its obvious it cant go on like that.
I've read some comments where people say that Scottish teams, especially the better teams like Celtic, should join
the FA.
But I doubt that this would help to improve Scottish football, or does it?

Yepp, thats embarrissing for Nigeria but Tahiti has found a new hero.;)
I read he is a truck driver and I assume this tournament and espcecially his goal will be an unforgettable moment for the rest of his life.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm, and what's the solution? Its obvious it cant go on like that.
I've read some comments where people say that Scottish teams, especially the better teams like Celtic, should join
the FA.
But I doubt that this would help to improve Scottish football, or does it?

Yepp, thats embarrissing for Nigeria but Tahiti has found a new hero.;)
I read he is a truck driver and I assume this tournament and espcecially his goal will be an unforgettable moment for the rest of his life.

Rangers were the biggest culprits their foolish overspending was a model Hearts copied and now look at them. The Former Rangers chairman once said for every £5 Celtic spend we will spend 10, sheer arrogance and stupidity. Love them or hate them Celtic didn't fall for this and are the best run club in Scotland. The ones in deep trouble should just declare bankrupt and start from scratch with the youngsters its the only way.

In money terms its a no brainer the PL is the promised land Jackpot time, and who knows one day Celtic might just decide to go. To be honest Celtic don't care about anyone else apart from themselves. A European club league is the ideal alternative but not likely.

Watched the game for amateurs they played well and was cheering when they scored brilliant!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

I liked his no nonsence style as a player, but i don't think he's got enough going on upstairs to be a coach at a high level. Add to that his attitude over the Scots lads not playing at last years Olympics, not good. The real problem though bottom line is the FA.

All for a good cause, i may get me one of these just to wind up the *Sassenach's. ;)
http://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/shop/1228-tacc-england-2014.html

*Sassenach - Jimmy Hill

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow glad i stayed up a bit late to watch Japan v Italy great game finished 3-4 Italy, Japan played slick one touch football attacking non stop. Japanese really unlucky hit the post three times and a goal disallowed, best game i've seen in a long time. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked his no nonsence style as a player, but i don't think he's got enough going on upstairs to be a coach at a high level. Add to that his attitude over the Scots lads not playing at last years Olympics, not good. The real problem though bottom line is the FA.

All for a good cause, i may get me one of these just to wind up the *Sassenach's. ;)
http://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/shop/1228-tacc-england-2014.html

*Sassenach - Jimmy Hill

Aaaah, great shirt. Obviously a match between friends :D
Also trés chic: :tup: ;)
http://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/shop/tacc-kilts/628-8-yard-dress-kilt.html

Never heard of "Sassenach's" before, so thanks for your help by mentioning Jimmy Hill, his name rings a bell :D
Where does the word Sassenachs come from ?

Funny, there even is a german section of the Tartan Army :eek:
http://www.germantartanarmy.com/

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow glad i stayed up a bit late to watch Japan v Italy great game finished 3-4 Italy, Japan played slick one touch football attacking non stop. Japanese really unlucky hit the post three times and a goal disallowed, best game i've seen in a long time. :tup:
Dang - I didnt watch because I thought this will be a boring game, as usual when Italy plays.
Spain plays Tahiti tonight, I guess a double digit (is this the right word?) result wouldnt be a huge surprise. :confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aaaah, great shirt. Obviously a match between friends :D
Also trés chic: :tup: ;)
http://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/shop/tacc-kilts/628-8-yard-dress-kilt.html

Never heard of "Sassenach's" before, so thanks for your help by mentioning Jimmy Hill, his name rings a bell :D
Where does the word Sassenachs come from ?

Funny, there even is a german section of the Tartan Army :eek:
http://www.germantartanarmy.com/

Nice kilt, only worn one twice both at weddings, other than that id only consider wearing one at a Scotland game with a team shirt rigger socks and a pair of Cat boots. No messing. ;)

Some of our english friends call us ''Jocks'' its nothing serious just banter.

Sassenach is a word used chiefly by the Scots to designate an Englishman.[1] It derives from the Gaelic Sasunnach meaning, originally, "Saxon". The modern Scottish spelling is 'Sasannach'. As employed by Scots or Scottish English-speakers today it is usually used in jest

Cool webby never knew about them are we normal? No ha classic! :tup:

Dang - I didnt watch because I thought this will be a boring game, as usual when Italy plays.
Spain plays Tahiti tonight, I guess a double digit (is this the right word?) result wouldnt be a huge surprise. :confused:

Totally random you never know if a games going to be any good or not, i got lucky on this one. Italy were just being Italy they got a really soft penalty annoying. :rolleyes: Japan really deserved to have won.

Yep if i was Spain id go easy on them, but still score a lot. You would expect nothing different.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Spain - Tahiti, "only" 4-0 at halftime
Looks like a practice match for Spain.... ;)

Yeah an evening stroll for Spain, in the end 10-0 schoolyard defending from Tahiti though. Their line was playing far too high up the pitch. As good and fun as it has been watching them play im still asking myself where were either Australia or New Zealand? both those side are far superior to Tahiti. :confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it i would not have it any other way, in fact id be worried if other fans liked us. :laugh:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-voted-hated-club-English-Premier-League.html

Haters Gonna Hate!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

More good news, 10 more years with the three stripes. :tup:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-300m-kit-deal-sportswear-giants-adidas.html

Does the moon care when dogs bark at it ? ;)
But I would have expected City at the bottom of this table and whats wrong with Stoke ? :confused:

Wow, what a deal, 300 m GBP :eek: Btw - did I mention before that I really like the new away shirt. Nice ! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Does the moon care when dogs bark at it ? ;)
But I would have expected City at the bottom of this table and whats wrong with Stoke ? :confused:

Wow, what a deal, 300 m GBP :eek: Btw - did I mention before that I really like the new away shirt. Nice ! :tup:

Tre true the moon has other things on its mind. ;)

Man City are real new money, they had not won anything in decades. Not that it matters much but they are my numero uno disliked team. Even worse than ManU who i at least respect for their history. The Blues were at least winning silverware before Abramovich came along. Stoke? Tony Pulis was like a tiny stone in your shoe. Ott whiner and ugly football.

Adidas has been good apart from the odd rank away kit, serious money! i like it too.

His Lawyers say ''Alligations are baseless but say he will settle any outstanding obligations if needed'' Classic BS only two things are certain in life, Death and Taxes seems those rich enough think differently about one i'm not sure about both. :rolleyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...aim-legal-team--WILL-cough-3-4m-tax-fine.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tre true the moon has other things on its mind. ;)

Man City are real new money, they had not won anything in decades. Not that it matters much but they are my numero uno disliked team. Even worse than ManU who i at least respect for their history. The Blues were at least winning silverware before Abramovich came along. Stoke? Tony Pulis was like a tiny stone in your shoe. Ott whiner and ugly football.

Adidas has been good apart from the odd rank away kit, serious money! i like it too.

His Lawyers say ''Alligations are baseless but say he will settle any outstanding obligations if needed'' Classic BS only two things are certain in life, Death and Taxes seems those rich enough think differently about one i'm not sure about both. :rolleyes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...aim-legal-team--WILL-cough-3-4m-tax-fine.html

There is a nice comment at the bottom of the article that brings it to the point:
"Thats the trouble with the world,nobody is ever guilty of anything" :confused:;)

Same old story, they founded offshore companies to avoid taxes but in the end they got him and now he isnt gulity of anything ? Come on.
I guess that Lionel Messi isnt doing the tax declaration himself but I assume he has highly paid tax consultants who do this for him.
At the end it doesnt matter because he is responsible for it anyway because its his personal tax liability.
But as usual they will make an out of court settlement and thats it. I dont expect Lionel Messi going to jail ;):D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
There is a nice comment at the bottom of the article that brings it to the point:
"Thats the trouble with the world,nobody is ever guilty of anything" :confused:;)

Same old story, they founded offshore companies to avoid taxes but in the end they got him and now he isnt gulity of anything ? Come on.
I guess that Lionel Messi isnt doing the tax declaration himself but I assume he has highly paid tax consultants who do this for him.
At the end it doesnt matter because he is responsible for it anyway because its his personal tax liability.
But as usual they will make an out of court settlement and thats it. I dont expect Lionel Messi going to jail ;):D

Where do you draw the line? that's fraud. If it was me you or anyone else a two year jail stretch or more would be our reward. I guess there is no line anymore for him and his like. The same with those Olympic drug cheats they get a two year ban and are competing at the next games what a joke, ban them for life. Im not guilty unless im caught, even then im not guilty. :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts