EPL and British Football

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m no fan of Chelsea by any stretch of the imagination but WTF was that tackle today ??? :eek:. I`m surprised it didn`t snap that players leg in three pieces. Bloody disgraceful.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bad day at the office for them wasteful in front of goal and bad defending not to mention the sillyness at the finish.

Sir, you should be announcing games in the EPL. You got it down.

Move over Ian Darke, Craig Burley, Steve Bower, Simon Brotherton and others.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I`m no fan of Chelsea by any stretch of the imagination but WTF was that tackle today ??? :eek:. I`m surprised it didn`t snap that players leg in three pieces. Bloody disgraceful.

Hey, we weren't even sure you watch football anymore. :roflmao::ninja::ninja::ninja:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sir, you should be announcing games in the EPL. You got it down.

Move over Ian Darke, Craig Burley, Steve Bower, Simon Brotherton and others.
You can understand Craig Burley? he must have seriously toned down his accent. ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You can understand Craig Burley? he must have seriously toned down his accent. ;)

He must have, because he isn't too hard to understand to be honest, at least not for me. I listen to him on ESPN FC sometimes. I think I had problems with him when he had a go at Scottish fans a year or so ago for what seemed to be no reason IMO. Maybe he was just upset at the way the Scottish team was playing, but to disrespect the fans seemed to be the wrong way to attempt that line.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Bad day at the office for them wasteful in front of goal and bad defending not to mention the sillyness at the finish.

The first half was fine. Bad finishing and a poor back line is going to cost City.

I don't believe Bravo was much of an upgrade over Hart. Less howlers, but a lot less attacking the ball as well.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The first half was fine. Bad finishing and a poor back line is going to cost City.

I don't believe Bravo was much of an upgrade over Hart. Less howlers, but a lot less attacking the ball as well.
Hart for me is not all that, if i was a Citeh fan id have wanted Fraser Forster. For the most part he's reliable and better than alot of people think.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Peppo knows what Peppo knows. Just like Klopp, it is going to take him a year to get his feet wet.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Another £50m+ deal if it goes through, not a bad return on the investment. :) Money aside i cant figure out why players such as him decide to move to China. If you were a top pro in your prime is £350.000 pw the be all an end all, instead of more competitive set up and a reduced wage......for most i guess its take their money and run.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ins-Hulk-Andre-Villas-Boas-Shanghai-SIPG.html

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another £50m+ deal if it goes through, not a bad return on the investment. :) Money aside i cant figure out why players such as him decide to move to China. If you were a top pro in your prime is £350.000 pw the be all an end all, instead of more competitive set up and a reduced wage......for most i guess its take their money and run.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ins-Hulk-Andre-Villas-Boas-Shanghai-SIPG.html
He's 25 and he certainly isn't looking for challenges in China. It's a pity but he's a professional football player. They're all just mercenaries :rolleyes:
But indeed a very good roi :tup:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Money aside i cant figure out why players such as him decide to move to China.

Nothing aside from money. His career has stalled at Chelsea and looks like he's going after a payday. He can play 2 years there, get a chunk and come back to some mid-table team in the big 4 leagues.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

He sucks. He's a diver-flopper. The China team will regret it. He won't like the food in China. He will be somewhere else next year... what else am I missing?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He sucks. He's a diver-flopper. The China team will regret it. He won't like the food in China. He will be somewhere else next year... what else am I missing?
I could see the point if someone like Juve, Dortmund, Atl Madrid, made a move. Good clubs in competitive situations but, its clearly the dash for the easy cash.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes, Chinese food. Eat two heaping plates of it and you're hungry again in 5 minutes. ;);)

:roflmao:

Seriously though, having lived there for 2 years, I can attest to the otherwise. Fabulous dishes! It's a shame that most don't make it to the Chinatown's of west.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As my wife had to work here in Manchester today I had this day for myself alone and did some football -related sightseeing .
Day started with my usual morning run and I even made it to Etihad Stadium again. Been there once before when we visited MAN for the first time.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

At 10.00am I was among the first people that entered the National Football Museum. If one of you guys will have the opportunity to visit Manchester one day, don't miss to visit this place. Outstanding !

Later moved on to Old Trafford. Only a short ride away by Tram.
Thought about making the Stadium Tour but denied to pay about 20 £ for it although the Museum would have been included. But for true ManU fans propably worth it.

Looking forward visiting Liverpool tomorrow.

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
No team is unbeatable, but what a difference a year makes. The end of ''palpable discord''.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some impressions of my todays visit in Liverpool.
Here is Anfield

And Goodison Park

And Liverpool

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Some impressions of my todays visit in Liverpool.
Here is Anfield

And Goodison Park

And Liverpool

My Family home was only about a mile away from Anfield and maybe mile and a half from Goodison. As a kid when brother and I used to play football in the garden, we used to hear the crowd from Anfield and it was like having the crowd in the garden with us......lol Great days.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts