EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good piece from a Canucklestan writer.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=460250

----
btw... Tim Hortons is being taken over by Burger King.
Evil Empire 1 - Hosers 0

Burger King ? :rolleyes: :poop: They are in serious trouble in Germany because of poor hygiene and unacceptable working conditions. Not as if we didnt know it before but after Mr. Walraffs (do you know him?) TV report we are aware of it again. McDoof were lucky that he didnt show up in one of their restaurants. :D
http://www.thelocal.de/20140506/bur...after-undercover-report-exposing-poor-hygiene

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The long suffering MCFC fan can only feel pleased at the evolution of the football club. I wanted to wait until after this match to comment on recent developments. Certainly the quality displayed yesterday against last year's second place finisher gives me a sense that we are now established as a world class side and not just one year wonders. When Ferran Soriano was spirited away from Barcelona to take over as Chief Executive, either people didn't take notice or wrote off the move as the owner splashing more cash frivolously. Here is what he has delivered on.

- We have a well managed side with the core group of players... (Dzeko, Silva, Toure, Aguero, Nasri, Kompany... and even Kolarov)... signed for the next four to five years.

- We are making wise choices at the transfer periods. Now the reaches for the Matas, Di Marias, Balotellis etc are being made by the others like the Rags and Liverpool instead of us. It was a long road to get to the point to where we are not the ones doing the chasing.

Contrary to what the supreme doubters... (and anti-Arab racists)... have long bemoaned, the academy system is progressing nicely. But that is being one bettered as we now have Melbourne and New York City to operate as minor league feeder / developers. We signed mentors for the young players such as David Villa and Frank Lampard.

There is work to do in the Champions League. Even though I like what Chelsea have done to improve themselves, check out these predictions and tell me if you think MCFC is being handled objectively.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28778605

I dont think they are biased Sandolf. Chelsea and City do have the best teams in the league and Chelsea just had more spectacular transfers than City so far. (Diego Costa, Fabregas, Luis, Drogba). Perhaps thats why the majority of them sees Chelsea slightly favoured ? Btw - to me Lampard in a City shirts still feels wrong :cautious::D
Liverpool will have a difficult season, surprisingly good last year they will have to prove that it wasnt a fluke. And I do have my doubts that Mario B. will help to improve the team. Spurs could be this years surprise but apparantly too early to make any predictions about that.:cautious:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I dont think they are biased Sandolf. Chelsea and City do have the best teams in the league and Chelsea just had more spectacular transfers than City so far. (Diego Costa, Fabregas, Luis, Drogba). Perhaps thats why the majority of them sees Chelsea slightly favoured ? Btw - to me Lampard in a City shirts still feels wrong :cautious::D
Liverpool will have a difficult season, surprisingly good last year they will have to prove that it wasnt a fluke. And I do have my doubts that Mario B. will help to improve the team. Spurs could be this years surprise but apparantly too early to make any predictions about that.:cautious:

Yeah i have a sneaky feeling about them, they could do quite well.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Chelsea and Man City have yet to play. I will reserve judgement until at least the first meeting.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Perhaps you could lecture me again about all this "free stuff" you get for all the taxes you pay as Kanadians for the "free Health Care"? :D

Poor basturds end up paying less for the same service... (just like Karl Marx would have liked it because the government kills competition by fixing the prices). Rich people can jump the cue and pay full value in the States or got to a private clinic.

Nobody gets their money's worth... (unless you like near fatal accidents or disease). Nobody faces bankruptcy either.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

As for Burger King buying Tim Hortons, Warren Buffett ( one of the richest Americans), just invested 3 BILLION Dollars in Burger King . I'm pretty sure that they will get some soap and water and clean up their act ! :tup:
Also Burger King, not a big player in the Breakfast trade, will be more of a player soon . Ain't corporations just plain greedy !
As a result , Burger King will pay a lot less in taxes with their corporate headquarters in Canada.

I'm not much on Burger King Restaurants myself. I prefer a 12 inch Submarine Sandwich ( Subway, Blimpie, etc.).
I've got a new Bojangles Chicken Restaurant nearby, their chicken is marinated in cajun seasonings 12 hrs before it is pressure fried . It puts Kentucky Fried Chicken in 2nd or 3rd place on my list.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Poor basturds end up paying less for the same service... (just like Karl Marx would have liked it because the government kills competition by fixing the prices). Rich people can jump the cue and pay full value in the States or got to a private clinic.

Nobody gets their money's worth... (unless you like near fatal accidents or disease). Nobody faces bankruptcy either.

Hey, that didn't answer the question.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
As for Burger King buying Tim Hortons, Warren Buffett ( one of the richest Americans), just invested 3 BILLION Dollars in Burger King . I'm pretty sure that they will get some soap and water and clean up their act ! :tup:
Also Burger King, not a big player in the Breakfast trade, will be more of a player soon . Ain't corporations just plain greedy !
As a result , Burger King will pay a lot less in taxes with their corporate headquarters in Canada.

I'm not much on Burger King Restaurants myself. I prefer a 12 inch Submarine Sandwich ( Subway, Blimpie, etc.).
I've got a new Bojangles Chicken Restaurant nearby, their chicken is marinated in cajun seasonings 12 hrs before it is pressure fried . It puts Kentucky Fried Chicken in 2nd or 3rd place on my list.

Yep. The U.S. is no longer a Republic. It is a Plutocracy run by the Warren Buffets of the world. Kind of like FC Bayern taking over the Bundesliga. ;)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Hey, that didn't answer the question.

I guess that it is becoming a moot point anyway. The only main differentiation between the countries is that there is distinctly less racism, violence and poverty. This may be due to culture. It may also be due to more investment in social programs. Toronto cops shot a black kid to death last year. There were protests, but it didn't turn into Ferguson. You pay your taxes in exchange for living in peace and less corruption.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yep. The U.S. is no longer a Republic. It is a Plutocracy run by the Warren Buffets of the world. Kind of like FC Bayern taking over the Bundesliga. ;)

Haha Croak. You are correct except... Hoeness went to jail. Those Wall Street bums who caused the crash of 2008 got off totally unpunished.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope it happens he's a very good player, he was farmed out to Fulham last season. A move away for first team football is his only option.
Sounds too good to be true PackerFan71.
On the other hand our CEO, Dietmar Beiersdorfer, is well known for his last minute transfers and Holtby would fit perfectly to his usual strategy to find players who had their first career setback but are still young and good enough to strike back.
As I mentioned before, he was the one who signed vd Vaart in 2005, and Kompany or Nigel de Jong.
So here is a little hope that it might happen..... :cautious:;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ha, thats good news :tup: But why only on loan...:cautious:;)

Good for all Chelsea getting rid of a misfire, Milan in need of a striker (who knows Italy might be good for him) Milan are in a bad way these days they could not afford a big fee for a permanent deal but two years.....i think Chelsea would give him a free after that anyway.

Members online

Latest posts