EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another point on Mario, he's going to be on £90k per week, thats £30k less than Man Utd are paying Nani... to play for Sporting Lisbon :whistling:

And we're doing pretty well Ness, 2 wins and a loss from our first 3, with Cardiff tomorow. Out of our first 4 games of the season we'll have played all 3 relegated teams from last seasons EPL (we've already beaten both Norwich and Fulham). Dont think we'll get promoted, though we have an outside chance i guess, but i'll be happy with top 10 finish. Our starting XI is about as good as any in the division, but we dont quite have the strength in depth that some of the other clubs have. We may well just sneak into the play-offs though if we steer clear of injuries.
Sounds like a promising start, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your Wolves .
Really delighted to hear that you won against Felix Magath and Fulham. He should have come back to us instead joining Fulham :p Terrible start for him and Fulham so far.:sneaky:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, Wolves with a 1-0 win against Cardiff ! :tup: Congrats Wolf Packer.
Unfortunately Staggies with another loss, thats a bad start into the new season. Dons lost too :(

Edit: Chelsea wins 2-0 :tup: Good for my EPL Fantasy team..Hazard scored :D

Btw - one of the main stories of the latest 11 Freunde issue is about our Scottish friends and the Tartan Army ! :tup::)
Looking forward to the game on September 7th !

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Headline says: "The most friendly army worldwide !"

Last edited:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Not many goals in the Premier League yesterday. Teams seem to be far to scared to lose rather than taking a small risk and possibly coming away with all 3 points. Everton looked good despite throwing away a 2 goal lead, dont quite think they have the depth to have a good Europa league run and challenge the top end of the EPL aswell though. Chelsea looked sharp though, and they still havent got going yet imo.

Some crackers today, Hull v Stoke, Tottenham v QPR & Sunderland v Man Utd. Then tomorow night is Man City v Liverpool

I'll go:
Hull 2-1 Stoke
Tottenham 2-0 QPR
Sunderland 1-2 Man Utd
Man City 2-2 Liverpool

Last edited:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Obviously the EPL is a lot more popular that NFL on this side of the pond, but I wondered if any of our American cousins took any interest in the EPL; and if so what your favourite team are and why?
I Did two tours in England back in the 70's and 80's. Back then it was called Division 1. Liverpool was the Perennial powerhouse and Manchester U were a bunch of hooligans. I remember that shops would board their windows when Man U came to town. It's strange seeing all the corporate logos on the uniforms. I feel it lost something in doing that. I made the mistake of coaching soccer for 15 years and not putting my kids in football. Now I only have my daughter to watch games with since my sons are only interested in watching Soccer. Soccer is a fun game to coach and play but it's bloody boring to watch.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What is it with those strange European types posting their soccer stuff on a Packer forum . Its boring................SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I Did two tours in England back in the 70's and 80's. Back then it was called Division 1. Liverpool was the Perennial powerhouse and Manchester U were a bunch of hooligans. I remember that shops would board their windows when Man U came to town. It's strange seeing all the corporate logos on the uniforms. I feel it lost something in doing that. I made the mistake of coaching soccer for 15 years and not putting my kids in football. Now I only have my daughter to watch games with since my sons are only interested in watching Soccer. Soccer is a fun game to coach and play but it's bloody boring to watch.

You are entitled to your opinion although many would disagree with you on that point. :whistling:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, Wolves with a 1-0 win against Cardiff ! :tup: Congrats Wolf Packer.
Unfortunately Staggies with another loss, thats a bad start into the new season. Dons lost too :(

Edit: Chelsea wins 2-0 :tup: Good for my EPL Fantasy team..Hazard scored :D

Btw - one of the main stories of the latest 11 Freunde issue is about our Scottish friends and the Tartan Army ! :tup::)
Looking forward to the game on September 7th !

Headline says: "The most friendly army worldwide !"
even with my high-school german , i was able to translate that, we are the dogs ******** us jocks

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not the brightest start to the season so far for the dons, i feel postponing our game against St mirren last week has not helped us at all, it would have kept us in a bit of rythm

not a bad result for the black cats yesterday though, Man Utd going ahead was so against the run of play, but good to see we could come back, even if Manure were not playing great themselves

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very efficient match by City, I was deeply impressed. They are definitely the team to beat this season.
And I'm delighted by another Chelsea win and the second Diego Costa goal. He could be a huge improvement for Chelsea compared to Torres. Btw - where is Torres ? He wasn't even sitting on the bench ? :cautious:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Very efficient match by City, I was deeply impressed. They are definitely the team to beat this season.

The long suffering MCFC fan can only feel pleased at the evolution of the football club. I wanted to wait until after this match to comment on recent developments. Certainly the quality displayed yesterday against last year's second place finisher gives me a sense that we are now established as a world class side and not just one year wonders. When Ferran Soriano was spirited away from Barcelona to take over as Chief Executive, either people didn't take notice or wrote off the move as the owner splashing more cash frivolously. Here is what he has delivered on.

- We have a well managed side with the core group of players... (Dzeko, Silva, Toure, Aguero, Nasri, Kompany... and even Kolarov)... signed for the next four to five years.

- We are making wise choices at the transfer periods. Now the reaches for the Matas, Di Marias, Balotellis etc are being made by the others like the Rags and Liverpool instead of us. It was a long road to get to the point to where we are not the ones doing the chasing.

Contrary to what the supreme doubters... (and anti-Arab racists)... have long bemoaned, the academy system is progressing nicely. But that is being one bettered as we now have Melbourne and New York City to operate as minor league feeder / developers. We signed mentors for the young players such as David Villa and Frank Lampard.

There is work to do in the Champions League. Even though I like what Chelsea have done to improve themselves, check out these predictions and tell me if you think MCFC is being handled objectively.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28778605

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
ManCiteh are the benchmark like it or loath it, i have hope but not getting over excited about the season ahead. I think it will be pretty much the same as last year unless injury loss of form come into play. Would have been good if Chelsea could have got one more Killer striker to partner Costa. Wastrel Torres hopefully will get a permanent move away sometime.

Citeh know Chelsea are their main rivals and can inflict damage on them, however Chelsea as we know slipped up and handed the title over last season. Thats no slant on Citeh they deserved to win in the end. As for this year hope dies last.

Top geezer who served his country well, even though i cant stand them. :)

Last edited:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Citeh know Chelsea are their main rivals and can inflict damage on them, however Chelsea as we know slipped up and handed the title over last season.

Both teams have good players and managers. City have been together as a group longer, which I feel should be to their advantage. But strange things happen... (but not so strange as to predict the Rags winning the title).

Members online

Latest posts