EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha ha no bother lad, other teams that are all within an hour or so drive from Aberdeen are

Brechin
Forfar Athletic
Peterhead
Arbroath
Elgin(maybe a wee bit over an hour)
Montrose
And both Dundee teams

failing that, you could always go to a Junior(semi-pro) match, as three are plenty teams in and around Aberdeen. Whisky country is also not much of a drive from Aberdeen.

are you flying or driving over? Since LH starting flights direct ABZ>FRA it has opened a lot of competition for flights here, and LH are a delight to deal with

Wow, cool, thanks scotscheese. If I dont make it to a game I will at least visit the Aberdeen FC stadium and hopefully the Aberdeen FC store if they have one to buy me a shirt, T-shirt or scarf for my collection ;)
I'm flying from Hamburg with KLM, that means we have to change planes in Amsterdam. KLM is the better connection for us than Lufthansa because LH only offers a flight back on Sunday at 5.50 am. :rolleyes:
And as we need to change planes anyway it doesnt matter if it has to be done in Frankfurt or Amsterdam.
Really a pity that the Dons do not play at home, I think I might have had a chance to talk my wife into going to that game. :mad::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So thats what one looks like, boy done well in the summer. :)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Got tickets to see the MLS II Harrisburg City Islanders play against the Philadelphia Union. I know it's not EPL, but I thought it might interest you guys to know we have a growing developmental system in the US.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got tickets to see the MLS II Harrisburg City Islanders play against the Philadelphia Union. I know it's not EPL, but I thought it might interest you guys to know we have a growing developmental system in the US.
Is it a friendly game or why are they playing against each other ? Or is it a Cup game ? Do you have this over there, like the FA Cup ?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sometimes the lower leagues/levels of football are more enjoyable to watch than the top divisions. these players fight harder than top players, you get meatier tackles, and they more than make up in effort for what they may lack in talent. hope you enjoy it lad.

i myself will be at pittodrie stadium to watch the mighty dons try to overtake a 2 goal deficit in the second leg of our europa league qualifying 3rd round game. and if we manage to get through, we still have to play a possible loser of the chamions league qualifyers before getting to the group stage

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
sometimes the lower leagues/levels of football are more enjoyable to watch than the top divisions. these players fight harder than top players, you get meatier tackles, and they more than make up in effort for what they may lack in talent. hope you enjoy it lad.

i myself will be at pittodrie stadium to watch the mighty dons try to overtake a 2 goal deficit in the second leg of our europa league qualifying 3rd round game. and if we manage to get through, we still have to play a possible loser of the chamions league qualifyers before getting to the group stage

Yep, that's why I enjoy going to the 4.Liga games in Bamberg. Quite fun.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is it a friendly game or why are they playing against each other ? Or is it a Cup game ? Do you have this over there, like the FA Cup ?

It's a friendly because Harrisburg is the MLS II team for the Philly team. Last year they said a couple of guys played on both teams for the game. LOL

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good luck, I think its manageable though it might have helped if the Dons had scored at Real Sociedad last week.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The NBC Sports network in America shows the EPL games. Last year, they decided to insert some humorous commercials and intro's. I think its a pretty good humor but have no idea how some of you Europeans think of it.

LOL... good stuff.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The NBC Sports network in America shows the EPL games. Last year, they decided to insert some humorous commercials and intro's. I think its a pretty good humor but have no idea how some of you Europeans think of it.

LOL... good stuff.

Ha yeah we already posted a couple of his Bund, nice to see them again, the return clip is classic Lasso, ****** 28. :D

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Watched the first half of the Community Shield, Arsenal looked sharp, Man City looked a little lethargic and laboured.

Only watched the first half though, my boys kicked off at 4pm GMT, nice little 1-0 for us ;):sneaky:

Didn't even know the game was on. :eek:
You got a win you jammie dodgems! good luck this season. :tup:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Didn't even know the game was on. :eek:
You got a win you jammie dodgems! good luck this season. :tup:

We played alright mate, helped that Norwich went down to 10 men though, but a fantastic start to the season beating one of the relegated clubs from last seasons Premier League.

The real football started this weekend, now for that other over-hyped stuff next weekend. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts