EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A quick fix i think nessie and a decent profit on the player, i think Mourinho does not like his attitude and playing style he won't conform thats why i think Lukaku was moved on. I really wish Torres was loaned maybe to Atletico.
Well, the transfer period ends on the 31st of August, plenty of time left to find a team that signs him. Hope dies last, for him and Chelsea ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I do a EPL Fantasy league on the Premier League website. Its just for fun, no money involved, and no one takes it too seriously. You are welcome to join and play.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

If you don't know about how it works I'll hit the main points. You get 100mil pounds. You get to pick your team, you just have to stay under or at 100mil pounds. You select 2 GK's, 5 DEF, 5 MID, and 3 strikers. You will only start 11 so you will have 3 subs. Subs are there for you just in case one of your players on the starting 11 doesn't play.
You get 1 free transfer per week. If you need to transfer more than one player, points will be deducted from your overall score. You will have 2 wild cards, one to use in the first half of the season, and one in the second half of the season. Wild Cards let you can transfer as many players as you want with a wild card without points being deducted.
It’s a head to head league, so each week you are playing against another team in the league. Team with the most points gets the 3 points in the league table. 1 point for a draw (happens on occasion).

Scoring general is:
1 point for playing 1-60 minutes
2 points for playing 61-90 minutes
6 points for a goal from a Defender
5 points for a goal from a Midfielder
4 points for a goal from a Striker
3 points for assist
4 points for a clean sheet for GK and defenders
1 point for a clean sheet for a midfielder
5 points for GK for a penalty save
1 point for every 3 shots saved by GK
-1 point for every 2 goals conceded by GK or defender
-1 point for a yellow
-3 points for a red
-2 for a missed PK

If you want to play, first you need to create an account (just need an email address), then you select your team, then you join my league. Don't worry about who you initially pick on your team, you can change it up as much as you want before the first game, but you have to select a team before you can join my league. League details are:

League name: Pitch Howlers
Code: 483497-124086

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lukaku doesnt play well enough with his back to goal for Mourinho's liking. He wants his big men upfront to hold it up and bring Hazard, Willian, etc into play. Whereas Lukaku's instinct is to get the ball, turn and go.
He is a striker, he wants to score and thats why I like him! :tup:
But you are right and as PF71 said too, apparently he doesnt meet Mourinho's requirements and expectations. Its a pity !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He is a striker, he wants to score and thats why I like him! :tup:
But you are right and as PF71 said too, apparently he doesnt meet Mourinho's requirements and expectations. Its a pity !

He scores a goal every other game nessie not a bad return, but he's raw and lacks maturity at the moment eg (Demanding to be first choice and going into strops when things don't go his way) But wish him well at Everton, as long as its not against CFC. :)

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Uuuuuuhhhh....wow......Cavani, Costa and Drogba, this would be impressive. And what do they need Torres for ? To mow the lawn at Stamford Bridge ? :cautious:

He can multi task im sure, the Stewards could do with help here and there. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
ESPN reports that over 109, 000 people attended the Man U v. Real Madrid game in Michigan. That is a record number beating out the 1984 Rose Bowl (Olympic final). The U.S. is definitely getting more interested in world football and in particular the EPL.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
ESPN reports that over 109, 000 people attended the Man U v. Real Madrid game in Michigan. That is a record number beating out the 1984 Rose Bowl (Olympic final). The U.S. is definitely getting more interested in world football and in particular the EPL.

Yep, and after polling buys and girls under the age of 16 who were wearing CR7 jerseys, they had no idea where Madrid was. :D:p:roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer! Got tickets for Paul Heaton in Aberdeen in November and now I noticed that the Dons are not playing at home that weekend ! It could have been a perfect music/football weekend.:mad::rolleyes:
I wonder if there is another team in a local minor league that is worth a visit ? :cautious:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer! Got tickets for Paul Heaton in Aberdeen in November and now I noticed that the Dons are not playing at home that weekend ! It could have been a perfect music/football weekend.:mad::rolleyes:
I wonder if there is another team in a local minor league that is worth a visit ? :cautious:

Hey nessie, you're coming to my home-town?? you can buy me a birthday beer. what dates are you going to be over here, as there is Cove Rangers in aberdeen(highland League) and there are several lower league teams within driving distance of Aberdeen also

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey nessie, you're coming to my home-town?? you can buy me a birthday beer. what dates are you going to be over here, as there is Cove Rangers in aberdeen(highland League) and there are several lower league teams within driving distance of Aberdeen also
Hey scotscheese,
I'll be in Aberdeen on November, 21 to 23rd.
Actually Paul Heaton tickets and the trip to Aberdeen are a birthday present for my wife but I'm still trying to talk her into visiting a game. :D I'll check out if the Cove Rangers are playing at home, but as its her weekend its up to her if we go or not ;)

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha ha no bother lad, other teams that are all within an hour or so drive from Aberdeen are

Brechin
Forfar Athletic
Peterhead
Arbroath
Elgin(maybe a wee bit over an hour)
Montrose
And both Dundee teams

failing that, you could always go to a Junior(semi-pro) match, as three are plenty teams in and around Aberdeen. Whisky country is also not much of a drive from Aberdeen.

are you flying or driving over? Since LH starting flights direct ABZ>FRA it has opened a lot of competition for flights here, and LH are a delight to deal with

Members online

Latest posts