Eliot Wolf Unemployed Again....

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Elliott is very capable of being right hand man of Gute?

Maybe Elliott wants a role with packers again?

Maybe Elliott will go somewhere else and be Gm.

But don't dismiss with out knowing all the facts
I suppose he could come back. I wish he did as I think he has a lot of talent. As long as it’s a promotion, maybe he’s accept being Gluten’s right hand guy.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose he could come back. I wish he did as I think he has a lot of talent. As long as it’s a promotion, maybe he’s accept being Gluten’s right hand guy.
Honest question... Why do you believe he has a lot of talent? What information about his scouting reports do you have access to? I have heard both good and bad about him... but I have absolutely no first hand information... just a lot of hearsay.

Sky King

Reaction score
I thought that Milt Hendrickson, who was formerly with Baltimore, is Gute's right-hand man. He's the one who is alleged to have been enthusiastic about obtaining Z. If this is any indication of Hendrickson's eye for player talent then Gute in-turn has an eye for scouting talent.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A GM is only as good as the talent scouts that he surrounds himself/herself with. Thompson had a great staff that got picked to pieces as time went on. The same happened to elder Wolf. Gute seems to have a good staff around him. The way I understood it, Gute and Elliott Wolf were friends. One got the job and decided to move on, which was a good choice for a 30-something kid. Dorsey was potentially putting together a good foundation in Cleveland.

I really don't see why Wolf would want to come back, making at best a lateral move but more likely a step down to re-join the team. That said, for anyone that has paid attention to the Packers front office, Gute could make up any position for Wolf or Highsmith if he wanted them back. Alonzo was probably more highly regarded in the field based on performance than Wolf. I would be ecstatic if he came back.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here. I’m going based on what I’ve heard and read, not any hard/fast facts. I just offer up my opinion on this forum. Some guys are GREAT at detailed analysis. Not me!

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's already being talked about in jacksonville and heck, it's only been a week. all the other teams that made changes this year have their FO's pretty much set up. he's a top notch guy and will get another job soon enough. wolf will have to wait longer imo.

I was referring to here on our little forum.

Mea Culpa for the confusion.

Staff online

Members online