Broncos over Steelers

Patriots over Jets
Ravens over Broncos

Patriots over Ravens

Packers over Patriots 35-31

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the 49ers giving up the second seed to the Saints. They should beat both the
Seahawks and Rams and then more than likely the Saints have to play at San Francisco.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I think the 9ers can lose to the Hawks. And anything can happen with the Falcons/Saints game b/c these two teams always play each other so hard that it goes to the wire.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think for NFC it will be more like this:

1 Packers
2 49ers
3 Saints
4 Cowboys
5 Falcons
6 Lions

3 Saints vs 6 Lions = SAINTS

4 Cowboys vs 5 Falcons = FALCONS

1. Packers vs 4. Falcons = PACKERS

2. 49ers vs 3. Saints = SAINTS

1. Packers vs 3. Saints = PACKERS

PACKERS VS PATRIOTS

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Haven't the Seaducks won 3 or 4 in a row? That defense is playing better, and the Niners for a very long time have got their **** kicked in on the road against the 'ducks, so I am taking Seattle, whom is fighting for their lives to win out and try to make playoffs.

I'm taking the Bengals to beat the Ravens in the final week of the season, sorry but they are so inconsistent and I don't ever trust betting on Joe Flacco. They've played down to poor teams, and the Bengals will be bound to hand them another loss so Pittsburgh can clinch the division. Stupid Ravens, they've had the division locked up by sweeping Pittsburgh, but they get OWNED by 500 or below teams, really awful.

The playoff picture could easily look like this.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Let's hope Denver loses it's last 2 and the Chargers make it over them, as they deserve it MUCH more than Tebow. I just can't handle the thought of the crazy bible freaks talking about how their chosen one should be in the Super Bowl (Since they've successfully brain washed writers into putting Tebow into the Top 10 MVP players)

I also think the 49ers are still goig to lose in the first round. I just have that feeling...I'm not doing predictions beyond this picture, cause this could very well turn out to be inaccurate.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good analysis for the early playoff pic Bogart. Yeah, its hard to make predictions. I also think the 9ers may lose to the Seahawks. Even though the Falcons/Saints game will be close I still have the Saints winning --- they haven't lost at home in I don't know how many games know. Since last season?? So The Saints getting the 2nd round bye is pretty doable. I could see the 9ers losing in the first round especially if they don't get the 2nd seed... somebody like Lions could knock them off, in Frisco and all. Baring that their electricity issues are fixed! HA!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Seattle could beat the Niners. Tough game. Teams who play the Steelers tend to either lose the next game OR struggle. It's uncanny. Look it up. Not sure on this game yet though. It's a short week for the Niners too.

As for the AFC like you Bogart I want the Broncos to drop the final 2. I can see them dropping the finale to the Chiefs but this game in Buffalo is HUGE. I am not sure I trust the Buffalo D to stop the Denver run game. They can't stop anyone. But, if Buffalo wants to avoid losing 9 in a row to end the year this is the game......the more I look at things I think it's less likely SD gets the 6th seed (not sure what would have to happen to Jets/Bengals/Titans) so they would have to hope for Tebow to lose more I think. That Chicago game was a killer. However it's possible that if the Buffalo offense gets going for one game they can beat the Broncos.

My Giants fan friend who has been almost dead on this year with picks for his team (even had his team beating NE) thinks they lose to the Jets/the Cowboys lose to the Eagles and then in the final week the Giants beat the Cowboys to give the crown to Philly since they hate Dallas more. Take it for what it's worth.......it's from a Giants fan himself. He keeps going on about how bad Rob Ryan is and how he lives off his brother's reputation.

Also it's rare that two #1 seeds both make it to the SB going back to the early 90's. Saints/Colts in 2009 was the first #1 vs. #1 since 1993.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Bogart how did you get the Chargers as the 6th seed? I think that would require them winning out and the Jets/Bengals losing out? I am not sure. I do think the Chargers can win the final 2 games. I am not sure I trust the other AFC WC contenders to all blow it though who are ahead of SD yet.

I can't make full guesses though until the whole thing is decided.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it sounds like it will be either the Cowboys or Falcons in the divisional round. I don't see Detroit getting higher than the 6th seed and they are not beating the Saints or 49ers on the road.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think for NFC it will be more like this:

1 Packers
2 49ers
3 Saints
4 Cowboys
5 Falcons
6 Lions

3 Saints vs 6 Lions = SAINTS

4 Cowboys vs 5 Falcons = FALCONS

1. Packers vs 4. Falcons = PACKERS

2. 49ers vs 3. Saints = SAINTS

1. Packers vs 3. Saints = PACKERS

PACKERS VS PATRIOTS

A Packers/Patriots Super Bowl might have something like a 52-56 score.

I personally can't see the Patriots getting past the Ravens, but who knows?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Bogart how did you get the Chargers as the 6th seed? I think that would require them winning out and the Jets/Bengals losing out? I am not sure. I do think the Chargers can win the final 2 games. I am not sure I trust the other AFC WC contenders to all blow it though who are ahead of SD yet.

I can't make full guesses though until the whole thing is decided.

Yeah I had the Bengals dropping one, and I just don't see the Jets handling the Giants. Rex is all big talk, and no walk, but you never know. I would rather have SD in the playoffs than both Denver and the Jets.

We desperately need a new team in the AFC. Already sick of the Jets, and Denver is a complete joke, while we've got to be getting tired of seeing Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New England up there every year. That's why I love the Houston Oilers I mean Texans so much, they add a refreshing new piece to the puzzle that you have never seen before. I hope they make it far, it will be interesting to see, because I'm so sick of NE, PITT, BAL, and the Jets being in the AFC Title match.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I had the Bengals dropping one, and I just don't see the Jets handling the Giants. Rex is all big talk, and no walk, but you never know. I would rather have SD in the playoffs than both Denver and the Jets.

We desperately need a new team in the AFC. Already sick of the Jets, and Denver is a complete joke, while we've got to be getting tired of seeing Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New England up there every year. That's why I love the Houston Oilers I mean Texans so much, they add a refreshing new piece to the puzzle that you have never seen before. I hope they make it far, it will be interesting to see, because I'm so sick of NE, PITT, BAL, and the Jets being in the AFC Title match.

lol I am pretty torn on Giants/Jets. Gone back and forth. Will decide tomorrow. I have no faith in either but around this time of the year the last two years the Jets have delivered more then the Giants. The Jets at 8-6 are actually in a familiar recent position too and if they get in AGAIN as the 6th seed I won't count them out just based on how those punks operate.

Agree a new team would be cool and I still think Houston can make some noise, the loss to Carolina to me had a lot to do with Wade out. Much depends on Broncos/Bills. The Chargers are not new but like you said deserve it more. I would rather see Rivers get a crack at the SB then Tebow. I mean good God. The Bills have to make this their SB or else it's tough to see Tebow losing on Christmas Eve. ;)

Houston needs to get healthy. They should beat the Colts by running the ball but Andre needs to get healthy for the playoffs. Nobody can cover a healthy Andre anyway. Probably my favorite elite receiver. He keeps his mouth shut. I won't give up on Houston yet.

And how are we supposed to have faith in the Cowboys beating the Eagles? The Eagles have destroyed the Ryan brothers twice this year. The Cowboys blow 24 point leads. They ice their own kicker. Now they are going to win 3 in a row in December? I don't know....

Too much to be decided right now to even predict the outcome of the playoffs.

Seattle? Could beat the Niners but the Niners may have gotten the trap game done with against Arizona. Seattle is loud but might lack enough in the passing game to exploit a tough Niners D when they limit the run. So, I can't count on it right now.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well if the Ravens drop ANOTHER to a lesser team then congrats to the Steelers again. This could be the THIRD year in a row the Ravens/Jets grab the WC spots. The only newbs in the playoffs would be Houston and Denver. I hope like *** the Bills get up big this weekend and beat the Broncos at home to get another win before the year is over.I am so sick of the Broncos now and Rivers is playing lights out again.

Chargers can beat Detroit on the road and then an ailing Palmer in the finale.

I kinda want Philly to grab the 4th seed at 8-8. Dream team winning the division at 8-8 lmao. And then Matt Ryan In Philly for the first round? Hmmm.......

Now I am all intrigued by Niners at Seahawks. Hmmm......I know how teams react after playing the Steelers. It's not good. They fall apart usually.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I kinda want Philly to grab the 4th seed at 8-8. Dream team winning the division at 8-8 lmao. And then Matt Ryan In Philly for the first round? Hmmm.......

It's your right to dream on good friend :roflmao: I would like to see all the die hard if the Eagles make the playoffs. Specifically the ones wearing those "Fire Andy Ried" shirts from last week LOL. Last year when they made the playoffs it was all "Vick's redemption, Vick the Saint, Vick the good guy" I don't think it would be any of that this year.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
With this I can officially pull for my old team in Texas.

You know what's weird?

Bum Phillips has fully supported the Texans as if they were his own team. He refuses to have anything to do with the Titans since they destroyed the Oilers franchise. As cool as this helmet looks, it's just more proof that Bud Adams should have just gave the city of Houston their team back, I mean Cleveland got theirs back, even though I'd rather have a new team if I was a Browns fan, the Texans actually tried to build a team, and succeeded.

It would be the story of the year "Wade Phillips succeeding his father in Houston" even though most people remember Bum Phillips for running the ball every down with Earl Campbell, he too also was a defensive coach like Wade, and the Oilers defense under him was an aggressive damn good defense (far far better than Jerry Glanville, his defenses would get into many shoot outs that came down to who had the ball last was going to win) I think that would be a more awesome story of Wade succeeding his father in his father's old team, rather than Tebow every single day.

I will forever believe that the 1999 Super Bowl between Tennessee and St Louis was KARMA throwing the knife back in Bud Adams back for ******** all those die hard Oiler fans that loved their team. I know Texans fans to this day that still hold a grudge over that, and I don't blame them one bit. I do hope one day that the Texans do actually win something. The only thing worse than the pain of being an Oilers/Texans fan would probably be the depression Cleveland fans had to endure seeing Baltimore win the Super Bowl.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It's your right to dream on good friend :roflmao: I would like to see all the die hard if the Eagles make the playoffs. Specifically the ones wearing those "Fire Andy Ried" shirts from last week LOL. Last year when they made the playoffs it was all "Vick's redemption, Vick the Saint, Vick the good guy" I don't think it would be any of that this year.

If the Eagles win the East it would just show how much the East has fallen. Thats why my Giants friend kinda wants it. He thinks the Giants are hopeless and wants Coughlin gone. People who are scared of the East need to stop it. None of those teams are beating the Pack in GB in January IMO.Even if it's close the winner would find a way to lose the game. They are all expert chokers. The 2007 Giants comparisons were hilarious to me at times. The 2007 Giants were Strahan's team anyway. This is Eli's team now. I don't even think I care who wins the Jets/Giants battle of the New York losers.

Oh the finale for the Ravens is in Cincy. I thought it was in Baltimore. Damn. Now that makes it a toss up for sure. I still think the Ravens can make playoff noise though. Maybe. I mean someone new has to rise from the ashes in that sorry conference. The Jets are currently #6 in the AFC. That just shows how bad it all is. The Jets people. The Jets. And don't be shocked if the Jets even win a playoff game or two if they get back in. Thats how they roll.

Don't bet any money on the AFC come playoff time. The best AFC team currently let Dan Orlovsky and Rex Grossman nearly beat them. But, they beat Tebow so now they are just flat out balling.

And Big Ben needs to get healthy. He looked like he was 45 the other night. Christ.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My head is too buried in SQL right now to give much thought towards playoff predictions. But I'm still predicting THIS...

BillyBoy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think GVN is right on the money on those picks, and then Packers 34 Patriots 30 in the Superbowl. Both teams will feel the other out in the first half and kick a few field goals, then the Pack will make their usual awesome adjustments at halftime and get things rolling, and the defenses will take a nap.

Though it would be sweet to get revenge on the Chiefs somehow. But let's be realistic here. :roflmao:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My head is too buried in SQL right now to give much thought towards playoff predictions. But I'm still predicting THIS...

You should black out the Niners half of it.

Can I just tell you how annoying that was Monday night?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I know I said this once already, but it's funny enough(to me) to say it twice...

They are playing lights out!

I sure hate to know Candlestick will be no more. It hasn't felt like the same anymore though, not since the muddy field was dug out from baseball games. I guess they do need a new stadium after the problems that happened the other night.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we're the #1 seed and don't have to beat both SF & NO, that's good. We just gotta win this week, and then we can chill out and heal up a bit on New Years Day against the dirty Kittens.

The Dallas-NYG-Philly NFC East race is exciting.... I can't wait for the Eagles-Cowboys game, and the Giants-Jets.

Of the teams who might be our playoff game matchup: Dallas, NYG, Phi, Atl, Detroit, which one would you rather play of them?
Which would you rather not see?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
As long as we're the #1 seed and don't have to beat both SF & NO, that's good. We just gotta win this week, and then we can chill out and heal up a bit on New Years Day against the dirty Kittens.

The Dallas-NYG-Philly NFC East race is exciting.... I can't wait for the Eagles-Cowboys game, and the Giants-Jets.

Of the teams who might be our playoff game matchup: Dallas, NYG, Phi, Atl, Detroit, which one would you rather play of them?
Which would you rather not see?

Best case: Dallas and Atlanta. I firmly believe the Packers own Matty Ice now. For some reason other then to maybe torture myself I have watched every Cowboys game this season and I still do not trust them to get into the playoffs. I have seen them blow huge leads and ice their own kicker. Oh, and Rob Ryan sucks. He is not as good as his brother and blitzes too much. Does anyone remember when Rob said that the Cowboys receivers were as good as Calvin Johnson? Right......

Neutral: Giants. They may give you a tough game but I think they could find a way to lose in typical Giants fashion sans 2007 when it all went their way. Eli seems to be good for one epic mistake a game and their D might have a few good pass rushers but thats it. This team depends HEAVILY on Eli magic. Call me a skeptic, I don't buy into Eli magic. I buy into Peyton magic but not little Peyton.

Iffy: Lions and Eagles. I would pick the Packers against both. But, the Lions are a division rival and if the Packers have to beat them 3 times it could be tough. Beating any team 3 times in a year is tough. I won't cry anymore if the Packers lose the Lions game in the finale. They are dumb so I think the Packers can out smart them in a big game. But, for real I can't stomach Suh and those dirty punks. Calvin Johnson is scary as hell.
Eagles: Tough one. Jenkins knows the Pack. The Eagles have sucked this year at times but if they play to their talent levels they can be a load. A lot of speed on offense with big play capabilities. The ability to get to the QB with a few good CBs but also very vulnerable against the run. I should not be shocked the Eagles tore up the Jets. The Jets have NEVER beaten the Eagles ever and the Eagles have torn up the Ryan D's in two games so far this year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case: Dallas and Atlanta. I firmly believe the Packers own Matty Ice now. For some reason other then to maybe torture myself I have watched every Cowboys game this season and I still do not trust them to get into the playoffs. I have seen them blow huge leads and ice their own kicker. Oh, and Rob Ryan sucks. He is not as good as his brother and blitzes too much. Does anyone remember when Rob said that the Cowboys receivers were as good as Calvin Johnson? Right......

Neutral: Giants. They may give you a tough game but I think they could find a way to lose in typical Giants fashion sans 2007 when it all went their way. Eli seems to be good for one epic mistake a game and their D might have a few good pass rushers but thats it. This team depends HEAVILY on Eli magic. Call me a skeptic, I don't buy into Eli magic. I buy into Peyton magic but not little Peyton.

Iffy: Lions and Eagles. I would pick the Packers against both. But, the Lions are a division rival and if the Packers have to beat them 3 times it could be tough. Beating any team 3 times in a year is tough. I won't cry anymore if the Packers lose the Lions game in the finale. They are dumb so I think the Packers can out smart them in a big game. But, for real I can't stomach Suh and those dirty punks. Calvin Johnson is scary as hell.
Eagles: Tough one. Jenkins knows the Pack. The Eagles have sucked this year at times but if they play to their talent levels they can be a load. A lot of speed on offense with big play capabilities. The ability to get to the QB with a few good CBs but also very vulnerable against the run. I should not be shocked the Eagles tore up the Jets. The Jets have NEVER beaten the Eagles ever and the Eagles have torn up the Ryan D's in two games so far this year.
Good stuff Jules.
How old are you?
I assumed by the "we can't be beaten by anyone other than ourselves" attitude before that you were one of our younger fans!
But reading that, I think you're older like myself and helmets, haha. More years = more things seen = more memories & more stuff forgotten.

Congratulations to Melanie Amaro!