1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Eagles open to trading Brandon Graham

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Apr 13, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,441
    I agree with you that it´s close to 100% that the Packers won´t trade for him, just thought he would be an intriguing fit for the defense.

2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    LOL...ok, I agree with ya... it would be interesting to say the least.

• Old Old x 1
  3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    He was pushing for a raise while he was set to make almost 10.5 with the Eagles before he was cut. Needless to say he didn't get what he wanted.
    We don't need ANOTHER useless ROLB. Keep in mind that Perry has been oft injured, which may or may not skew the ratings. Perry vs the run>>>>>>>>>Graham vs the run. If his ratings are that high, watch him play, then tell me he isn't "overrated." He got most of those stats courtesy of Fletcher Cox.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I really really wanted him or Jerry Hughes in that 2010 Draft..... early mocks that year, a lot of them had us taking one of them.
    But Graham went higher than many thought, and we passed on Hughes for Bulaga, who slipped.
    Remember Dez Bryant also slipped, and we almost took Dez. Teddy was tempted.

Hughes was miscast in Indianapolis, has now become a very good pass rusher in our 3-4 system in Buffalo.
    Graham has also been miscast. He suffered a bad injury in his rookie season and has never been quite the same, although he's been durable now for 2 years.

He's kind of their version of our Nick Perry.
    Both guys were kind of tweeners, or kind of like a Lamar Woodley, Shawn Merriman type of bigger stronger OLB.

I certainly would trade a late pick for him in a heartbeat. Maybe a high as a 4th rounder.
    I've seen him perform as good as a typical 3rd rounder.

And I don't like when we have to roll crap out there when Matthews is out, and the other guys get tired.

Let's not act like Mike Neal is some stud, or a durable guy you can count on to play 15+ games.
    Peppers might move around a lot.
    Graham is able to play stand up, or hand in the dirt, but I think he's best with his hand on the ground.

Alas, back to reality; there's no way in Pakistan that we are the team who makes a move to get him.
    /thread

5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,010
    The perry/Neal experiment has run it's course with me so.....

6. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +301
    I agree with this. I'd love to see a pure pass rushing OLB opposite Matthews. Even with Peppers, Matthews will still command most double teams. We need multiple ways to make teams pay for doing that.

7. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    By letting them hand the ball off tackle for a 12 yard gain? You need REALLY good ILB or an even better FS (allowing you to put your run stopping SS low) to pull that look off. We have neither.

8. PackfanFB

PackfanFB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    If Philly would take a low pick, say 6th round, then I'd do it. I mean, Graham is probably better than anyone we'd draft in the 6th round this year. That's how I justify it. We do need to add some depth at OLB, not so much because we lack the players but because our best 3 OLBs are also 3 of the most injury prone guys on our team. Matthews is like Achilles now with his thumb (not to mention his hamstrings), Perry has yet to play a full year, Neal pretty much the same. Graham has his flaws, but I'd rather have him out there versus Mulumba or Palmer. At the right price, it would be a smart move.