dunta robinson to the falcons.. sweet

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so all TT had to do is wait 2 days and the two corners taht would have been great to pick up in cromartie and robinson are gone already.. like i stated before.. the longer you wait the shorter that list goes.. so much for getting a good corner in free agency.. lets hope we have a greattttttt draft

IllinoisPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has never been a Free agency type GM. He likes to trade down picks and get several in the later rounds... The only time in his tenure that he changed that approach has been last year when he got Clay Matthews at 26 overall. With the Kampman departure today makes getting a top notch pass rusher a priority. Perhaps a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.

This time of year is great because you can see a bunch of players move from team to team but also frustrating because the Packers are never one of the those teams...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has never been a Free agency type GM. He likes to trade down picks and get several in the later rounds... The only time in his tenure that he changed that approach has been last year when he got Clay Matthews at 26 overall. With the Kampman departure today makes getting a top notch pass rusher a priority. Perhaps a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.

This time of year is great because you can see a bunch of players move from team to team but also frustrating because the Packers are never one of the those teams...
2 times, actually...

With CM3, and with Jermichael Finley...

So, when TT moves up, you know it's going to be good!

But when he trades down... Brian Brohm can tell you that...

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted still has another few days before he wakes up from hibernation and involves himself in what remains of the free agent process.

TT is a good GM overall...but I don't think he'll ever be able to make the moves that move the Packers from good to great. Still some quality out there though...Joey Porter, and Clark (safety from Steelers) among others.

Maybe he goes after one of those guys.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit Dunta Robinson is a good cornerback but did you see the amount of money they signed him for??? Almost $9 million a year. Dunta is good but NOT that good. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just found out too that robinson became the second highest paid DB next to Nnamdi Asomugha. Desperate times call for desperate measures eh?
Imagine the consequences of paying Robinson more than Woodson, the reigning DPoY, and Nick Collins, an incumbent RFA who deserves to get paid, to the locker room???

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit Dunta Robinson is a good cornerback but did you see the amount of money they signed him for??? Almost $9 million a year. Dunta is good but NOT that good. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him.
yea i saw how much he was paid after posting this thread lol.. i def take back pursuing him cause had TT payed him that type of money i would have been quite angry.. hes a good corner but NOWHERE near as good as he was paid..falcons can keep him lol

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted still has another few days before he wakes up from hibernation and involves himself in what remains of the free agent process.

TT is a good GM overall...but I don't think he'll ever be able to make the moves that move the Packers from good to great. Still some quality out there though...Joey Porter, and Clark (safety from Steelers) among others.

Maybe he goes after one of those guys.

i would like to see clark in the green and gold we could use him but most likely it wont happen then again you never know

Members online

Latest posts