Drops has got to stop!!!!!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man a good victory but for the last couple of weeks we have been dropping alot of crucial balls. TBH if we catch the ball i dont think theres no team that can score with us besides the patriots. Arod is putting these balls in very catchable spots but the recievers are dropping them. Oh thank you TRAMON WILLIAMSSSSS!!!! way to put the game away.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a pro bowler that didnt get the nod when it comes down to it. I honestly believed we were doomed with out Al but this young man has done a great job!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we got away with the drops his game but we might not be so lucky next week if the recievers decide to stop dropping easy passes again.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jones drops another touchdown, it's time to drop Jones. ;)

According to MM, Jones is "dealing with a thumb".

He made a great catch on the low throw in the endzone.

But I agee, the drops have to stop.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to MM, Jones is "dealing with a thumb".

He made a great catch on the low throw in the endzone.

But I agee, the drops have to stop.
I know it sounds crazy, but Jones has great hands. He can make some really though catches, and he catches the ball away from his body.

But he seriously lacks concentration, I have no idea why. Coaches have said that it's not a problem of him slouching.

I just think that Jimmy Robinson isn't that great of a coach as everybody thinks.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
tramon williams show better receiving skills than our receivers sometimes

Hey, I was just coming here to say that. Tramon also has some speed when he ran down Maclin (or whoever) from behind on that play I thought he was about to go all the way. Tramon has some speed!!!

They better not be dropping sure balls in the dome next week or heads should roll. One drop, yes one can be the difference between victory and defeat.

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People keep blaming James jones because he hasn't made a name yet, but he's not the only one dropping balls everyone is dd,Jennings, jones and Jordy have been dropping ball in the past couple of weeks.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yes, but how many deep passes like this were thrown in that game? Not as many, and how often do we see dropped balls, too many to count. We needed that pass caught to set the tone of the game. Its also unlike McCarthy to blame injuries on something like that.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are not going to be able to do that against the Falcons. Especially passes that are sure to result in a TD. That is one thing I hope they work very ******* in practice this week. Catching the dang ball. Had Jones caught that ball we wouldn't have come down to that heart stopping final few moments of the game. We would of had an extra 7 pts to cushion us. Thank game turned out the way it did, but if they catch those passes, it's going to save several Packers fans some massive coronaries.

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings dropped two touchdown passes the pass 2 weeks and noone says nothing. What I'm saying is it's not just jones maybe it's the wr's coach not getting them to focus properly, idk what it is but we need to stop it and catch the dang ball or it will get us knocked out the playoffs.

L

Lunchboxer

We cant have droped balls in Atlanta. If we are to win we gotta play sound football. No droped easy passes. Rodgers could not of thrown a more perfect ball to Jones but Jones droped it.

If we lose it would because our WRs droped easy passes.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen Rodgers so visibly crushed than when JJ dropped that pass before the half.

its funny cuz JJ was holding on the Brandon Jackson TD; the refs missed the call. The ESPN announcer said it best when pointed out that he cant hold on to the ball but he has no problem holding onto his defender.

L

Lunchboxer

I was going to give a Game Ball to James Jones but he droped it. XD

So i gave it to Starks.

animalmother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy might have fumbilitis be he has amazing hands that go to work when it matters most. I think he should be above Jones on the depth chart.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but he consistently drops easy and crucial catches! He catches a lot of the more difficult ones, but he normally drops the easy touchdowns. Honestly I think Jordy is more consistent.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
^^Agreed, I have been waiting to see more of Jordy. Maybe they will "uncloak" him for the Falcons game.

azmedic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That dropped ball sent my blood pressure through the roof, I figured it would come back to bite us later.

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I joined this forum the week of the Giants game, if you look back on some of the threads from around then asking "What do the Packers Need to do" kind of threads I was saying this back then. The Packers CAN NOT afford these drops anymore. What if Aikers doesn't miss those field goals? That James Jones drop pass would of cost the Packers HUGE. This is the third time James Jones has dropped easy passes. If you watch the replay of this weeks drop the ball hit of his hands and was almost resting on his forearms. I am 5'9 about 250 and my 40 is about 6 seconds......I COULD OF CAUGHT THAT! Just imagine if he would of caught it. Right there that would of been the dagger in the game at half time. Jennings has been dropping a lot of passes as well. This little streak of butterfingers needs to stop. Momentum is gonna be the name of the game against the best NFC home team, there CANNOT be any drops like that this week or it will kill the Packers fast.

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I joined this forum the week of the Giants game, if you look back on some of the threads from around then asking "What do the Packers Need to do" kind of threads I was saying this back then. The Packers CAN NOT afford these drops anymore. What if Aikers doesn't miss those field goals? That James Jones drop pass would of cost the Packers HUGE. This is the third time James Jones has dropped easy passes. If you watch the replay of this weeks drop the ball hit of his hands and was almost resting on his forearms. I am 5'9 about 250 and my 40 is about 6 seconds......I COULD OF CAUGHT THAT! Just imagine if he would of caught it. Right there that would of been the dagger in the game at half time. Jennings has been dropping a lot of passes as well. This little streak of butterfingers needs to stop. Momentum is gonna be the name of the game against the best NFC home team, there CANNOT be any drops like that this week or it will kill the Packers fast.
I think if akers makes those field goals it makes for a diffrent game. I say that because we barely even threw the ball in the second half do the the lead we had. Mike plays to kill the clock when we have the lead in the second half. I think second half we ran the ball on every 1st and 2nd down. So you cant realy say how it would have turned out if field goals were made.

Members online

Latest posts