1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donte Whitner on trading block

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The guy hasn't really lived up to his potential as the 8th overall pick and the bills may be looking to trade him with the emergence of byrd and wilson. The only other possible suitor that I can think of are the jets but since they play in the same division that scenario seems unlikely. Maybe TT will make a trade to get him.....AHAHAHA LMAO who am I kidding?

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    If Arizona can get Kerry Rhodes for a 4 and a 7, Buffalo should just give us Whitner for nothing.

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Kerry Rhodes was a 4th round draft pick. They pretty much got him with his orginially drafted value along with an extra pick. Whitner's situation is completely different.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Kerry Rhodes was, as recently as before this past season, regarded as one of the best safeties in the league. The Jets literally gave him away for a 4 and a 7. Whitner is a bust, they should just give him to us.

That's the point I was trying to make. If Rhodes, who's really, really good, was given away for so little, than Whitner isn't really worth anything.

5. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    another safety i would not mind having but once again hes a free safety.. what we need is a strong safety

6. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    not interested in whitner.

7. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Even though he is a free I wouldnt mind seeing us try to get Major Wright from UF in the draft. He could make the transition from FS to SS in the league. (at least I would like to think so)