Donald Lee

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a good article about Donald Lee from the Press Gazette. He is on pace to catch more passes and get more yards than any other Packer TE during the Favre era. When they named him starter last spring, I thought he was a starter by default, but he's proved me wrong in a big way. He also says he's confident that the Packers can make it to the Super Bowl this year and win it, which I find a little hard to believe, but it's the right attitude for our players to have.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071019/PKR01/710190596/1989

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him AND his attitude!
He believes we can win it all, and why not? We are at the top of the NFC right now, and i don't see any reason why, if things fall our way, we couldn't be in that position at the end of the year.
Do i expect it to happen? No. But do i think it IS possible? Yup!
Like a said before, many thought i was nuts when i predicted an 11-5 year for us. Now, we haven't reached that goal yet, but all we would have to do is go 5-5 the rest of the way to reach it. If we reach the playoffs, it's a new season and anyone's game!
Hey.........I admit I'm a homer and LOVE the Packers, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that i think they can go all the way.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Here's a good article about Donald Lee from the Press Gazette. He is on pace to catch more passes and get more yards than any other Packer TE during the Favre era. When they named him starter last spring, I thought he was a starter by default, but he's proved me wrong in a big way. He also says he's confident that the Packers can make it to the Super Bowl this year and win it, which I find a little hard to believe, but it's the right attitude for our players to have.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071019/PKR01/710190596/1989

I believe that it is also the right attitude the Packer fans ought to have!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Lee is doing just fine.. he has enough speed to get vertical and teamed with Big Bubba.. it is a nice 1-2 punch.

I hope he sticks around for a while..

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lee's numbers could get even better as the season goes on. Opposing teams have been playing a lot of cover 2 and really trying to lock up Driver in particular, so there should be more opportunities for big plays down the middle of the field.

By the way, so far David Martin has just 12 catches for 89 yards and 2 TDs for the Dolphins, even though he hasn't yet been injured. To be fair, though, he plays on a horrible team with no QB.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a poor man's D-Mart

You better be joking it is the other way around, Lee is much better, he isnt injured all the time and more productive.

David Martins career stats this is his 7th year

76 games, 99 rec, 855 yards, 8.6 avg, 11 Td, 35 long

Donald Lee career stats this is his 5th year

68 games, 85 rec, 934 yards, 11.0 avg, 5 Td, 60 long

maybe you dont like career stats lets look at this year
David Martin - 6 games, 12 rec, 89 yards, 7.4 avg, 2 Td, 14 long
Donal Lee - 6 games, 22 rec, 270 yards, 12.3 avg, 1 Td, 60 long

your wrong, David Martin couldnt even hold Donald Lee's jock strap

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin had alot of chances here, he never took advantage of it. Now, he has NO ONE to throw the ball to him. I wonder when he sees whats going on up here if he wishes he would have stayed here.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Martin - 6 games, 12 rec, 89 yards, 7.4 avg, 2 Td, 14 long
Donal Lee - 6 games, 22 rec, 270 yards, 12.3 avg, 1 Td, 60 long

Thanks.

From watching our TEs work, Lee opens up the middle and Franks is Favre's end zone target. I hope Bubba is healthy asap.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D-Mart made clutch plays.

End of argument.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

lol sorry if some of you didnt get the joke but D-Mart is Da Man in my eyes, I'm gonna be hollering for him next week in London :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D-Mart DID make some clutch plays. There were probably 2 or 3 of them during his many years here. Not enough to pay him alot, or to depend on him in my eyes.

Members online

Latest posts