1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donald Lee

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Oct 19, 2007.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a good article about Donald Lee from the Press Gazette. He is on pace to catch more passes and get more yards than any other Packer TE during the Favre era. When they named him starter last spring, I thought he was a starter by default, but he's proved me wrong in a big way. He also says he's confident that the Packers can make it to the Super Bowl this year and win it, which I find a little hard to believe, but it's the right attitude for our players to have.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071019/PKR01/710190596/1989

2. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll admit he's good, but I think he isn't #1 TE capability. We should've gotten Greg Olsen in the draft.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I like him AND his attitude!
    He believes we can win it all, and why not? We are at the top of the NFC right now, and i don't see any reason why, if things fall our way, we couldn't be in that position at the end of the year.
    Do i expect it to happen? No. But do i think it IS possible? Yup!
    Like a said before, many thought i was nuts when i predicted an 11-5 year for us. Now, we haven't reached that goal yet, but all we would have to do is go 5-5 the rest of the way to reach it. If we reach the playoffs, it's a new season and anyone's game!
    Hey.........I admit I'm a homer and LOVE the Packers, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that i think they can go all the way.

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    a poor man's D-Mart

5. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol

6. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that it is also the right attitude the Packer fans ought to have!

7. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Lee is doing just fine.. he has enough speed to get vertical and teamed with Big Bubba.. it is a nice 1-2 punch.

I hope he sticks around for a while..

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Lee's numbers could get even better as the season goes on. Opposing teams have been playing a lot of cover 2 and really trying to lock up Driver in particular, so there should be more opportunities for big plays down the middle of the field.

By the way, so far David Martin has just 12 catches for 89 yards and 2 TDs for the Dolphins, even though he hasn't yet been injured. To be fair, though, he plays on a horrible team with no QB.

9. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You better be joking it is the other way around, Lee is much better, he isnt injured all the time and more productive.

David Martins career stats this is his 7th year

76 games, 99 rec, 855 yards, 8.6 avg, 11 Td, 35 long

Donald Lee career stats this is his 5th year

68 games, 85 rec, 934 yards, 11.0 avg, 5 Td, 60 long

maybe you dont like career stats lets look at this year
    David Martin - 6 games, 12 rec, 89 yards, 7.4 avg, 2 Td, 14 long
    Donal Lee - 6 games, 22 rec, 270 yards, 12.3 avg, 1 Td, 60 long

your wrong, David Martin couldnt even hold Donald Lee's jock strap

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Martin had alot of chances here, he never took advantage of it. Now, he has NO ONE to throw the ball to him. I wonder when he sees whats going on up here if he wishes he would have stayed here.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

From watching our TEs work, Lee opens up the middle and Franks is Favre's end zone target. I hope Bubba is healthy asap.

12. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    D-Mart made clutch plays.

End of argument.

[​IMG]

lol sorry if some of you didnt get the joke but D-Mart is Da Man in my eyes, I'm gonna be hollering for him next week in London :D

13. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Martin is not a very good TE. That's why he plays for the Dolphins and not the Packers

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    D-Mart DID make some clutch plays. There were probably 2 or 3 of them during his many years here. Not enough to pay him alot, or to depend on him in my eyes.

15. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nevermind