Don Jackson cut

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Pretty obvious move. Guessing John Crockett won't be resigned either. The Packers will probably hit camp with Monty, Michael, the 3 rookies and possibly an UDFA or two (no UDFA RB's has been signed as of yet).

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Pretty obvious move. Guessing John Crockett won't be resigned either. The Packers will probably hit camp with Monty, Michael, the 3 rookies and possibly an UDFA or two (no UDFA RB's has been signed as of yet).
Makes me slightly nervous.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Makes me slightly nervous.

I am a lot less nervous about the RB situation than I was during most of the 2016 season. I think the 5 going into camp is going to be a terrific environment for competition and in the end, the Packers should have a quality 2-3 deep on the 53 and at least 1 deep on the PS.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they're doing ok at RB, they have the guys with the physical attributes to compete and earn a spot. They all won't, so I think we're going to be improved in that regard.

Jackson seemed nice enough but I really never had terribly high hopes for him. I'm not going to be surprised when Ty and Rip are the only backs from last year on this years Roster. I don know that they can keep Kerrigan on the PS for a while again this year or that they'd keep 2 FBs. I guess demand for them isn't high so maybe PS is an option until injuries open up another roster spot later in the year.

fistfullofbeer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense that both Jackson and Michael are cut. They were given a chance and did little to nothing. Specially Michael. Have some healthy competition in camp with the 3 RB picks and hopefully one of the 3 steps up enough to deserve a spot next to Ty.