1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dome = Advantage Packers?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dimension, Jan 28, 2011.

1. dimension

dimension Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I haven't seen anyone mention this but I think our team has played well in domes this year (apart from Lions away but that was without A Rod for much of it)

whereas the Steelers have barely played in domes, losing their only game 20 - 10 to the Saints.

I think this gives us an advantage

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Hell yes it's an advantage. Our guys love playing in fair weather on a fast track. Our team is good enough to win a nasty game in the elements, but we are built for good weather.

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, as strange as it sounds, this team is actually better in a dome. Go figure. Everything plays out a tad faster on turf and GB is built for speed on offense and defense.

Would be interesting to see how the Packers-Steelers matchup in overall team speed.

4. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Already thread like this.

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/would-pack-have-edge-26826.html

5. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I just hope Rodgers get's those comfy shoe's he's always talkin about!

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think it helps but watev. I personally hate the idea of being better indoors.

7. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah me too. Kind of goes against our heritage. Luckily we are playing in a Dome this year for the SB.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    They are not so spoiled that they won 4 of their last games to get there.
    Giants
    Bears
    Eagles
    Bears (Again)

9. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    I would much rather play Pitt in a dome than say Miami where it could rain and the field could be a mess. I would not want to play Pitt in bad weather.

10. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25
    I'm with you but I think the Steelers are a better team nowadays on a fast dry track than outdoors in the elements. They have really changed their persona since the Bettis years. During that time period they could tell the opponent they were going to run and still run it down their throat.

They can't do that anymore. They rely more on speed and quickness on offense and to a certain point on defense. Just like the Pack though they can play and be successful playing in the elements also.

I don't think it will be much of an advantage for either side.

11. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    rodgers said himself he loves the dome

• Like Like x 1
  12. brett2520

brett2520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    If Rodgers is so outspoken about liking domes, i want the Packers to play in domes all the time. lol

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Exactly. I don't think it's so much that we have a major advantage over the Steelers. I would imagine that most players prefer playing in nice weather. Who wouldn't? We are just a team that is built to perform in good conditions. Good enough to win in bad conditions, but built to win in nice weather.

14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Then the game should have been played in Lambeau this year.
    Any objections from the Packers fans?

It's just the way it goes.
    SBs are always played in domes or states where winter weather is nicer than in the northern states.

15. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    My objection to it being held in Lambeau is two things, they would have to build high speed rail or fly planes constantly between Madison, the Wisconsin Dells, and Milwaukee just to deal with all the people traffic.

Second thing, those old guys from the commerical of never miss the super bowl club would be frozen and can no longer be ***holes on TV anymore.