Does this equal a come from behind win for Rodgers?

Come from behind win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's TTs fault the team only made the wildcard after 1/2 the starters went on IR.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No scores in 1st 3 q? But in 4th Rodgers long pass to Jennings then TD to Lee

Sounds like big time play to me and since they were tied it does technically equally a win

I have to agree with you LTF because it's the first thought I had as soon as the game ended "maybe now they'll quit saying he can't win the close ones." Rack it up as a late game winning drive.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Admittedly he played a very below average game, but they pulled it out..

So does this equal come from behind in the hater eyes?

I am going to defer to my Bible,www.pro-football-reference.com

They have recorded today that Rodgers is credited with a 4th quarter game winning drive against the Bears (they also keep track of 4th quarter comeback/game winning drives). It was his first of the year. He had 2 in 2009 and 2 in 2008.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you say no, without being labeled a "hater"? I say it was a "big" win in a "clutch" game, but not much of a come from behind win.. I say those are only in the 4th quarter.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am going to defer to my Bible,www.pro-football-reference.com

They have recorded today that Rodgers is credited with a 4th quarter game winning drive against the Bears (they also keep track of 4th quarter comeback/game winning drives). It was his first of the year. He had 2 in 2009 and 2 in 2008.

Please read this and stop arguing whether or not it was a come from behind victory or a game winning drive.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No matter which way you slice it, he had a clutch drive in a close game that resulted in a victory. I don't know about all the semantics of what is a come from behind or so on. The point is if he hadn't had that, you AR haters would be saying he can't win the close ones.
If you haven't jumped on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon yet, you really have a lovefest for Brett Favre or you don't care about the Green Bay Packers. The guy is arguably the 3rd best QB in the entire league. I wouldn't trade him for Manning or Brady. He is in his 3rd active year, he's gonna learn each year like Brady and Manning did. It's possible he'll be better than both.
Of 32 teams drafting every single year you guys still have to hate on the pick of Aaron Rodgers?
Quibble over it's coaching or his arm or head which hasn't won the close ones? And when they do, you dub it "not by the books"
Honestly, I can't believe there is anything to talk about.
Other teams covet and fear him, all teams would trade for him if they thought they could get him.
Aaron Rodgers will win the Superbowl for the Green Bay Packers and will remembered longingly in Packers lore when we are all gone.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter which way you slice it, he had a clutch drive in a close game that resulted in a victory. I don't know about all the semantics of what is a come from behind or so on. The point is if he hadn't had that, you AR haters would be saying he can't win the close ones.

Another post I wish I would have said

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this definitely was NOT a come from behind win for Rodgers. The Packers defense clearly kept the game under control, not Aaron Rodgers. It was great execution by the Packers offense to get in a position to score a touchdown, but there is not enough evidence to solely give the "come from behind win" prize to Aaron Rodgers. The Packers defense came up big when it needed to, and gave a little spark to the offense to finally show with a few minutes to go.

Sure, Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, but this was not like "OMFG 3 SECONDS LEFT BOMB TO JENNINGS TD TO BEAT THE DREADED BEARS." I am confident to believe that Aaron Rodgers will have plenty more "come from behind wins" in his career.

Anyway...I do not really care about this "come from behind win" business. A win is a win, and the Green Bay Packers are in the playoffs because of the TEAM, not Aaron Rodgers (and that is a fact).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts