Does Rodgers really deserve it?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Aaron Rodgers deserves the anger and frustration I see fans throwing his way on the forum.
When he went down, it took off the blinders from seeing the naked emperor and we saw how the Packers are so much different, OK worse, without him.
In the Panthers game, I think he made it exciting to watch the Packers offense again unlike it has been for me the last few weeks.
Yeah, he did have his blunders but then so did the rest of the team on both sides of the ball.
However, when he made touch down throws, we saw him back for a bit.
And that was awesome.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have people been directing anger at Rodgers? I haven't noticed it. I applaud his courage and his will to compete, he gave us our best chance to win, even though he clearly wasn't 100%. But as he said himself, he made too many mistakes, and we lost. No huge surprise, the Panthers are no pushovers.

I'm more upset that we didn't run the ball more. Rodgers was just coming back from a serious injury, but McCarthy put most of it on his back. We had developed a decent running game while Hundley was playing, they should have used it mire as another offensive weapon.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm more upset that we didn't run the ball more. Rodgers was just coming back from a serious injury, but McCarthy put most of it on his back. We had developed a decent running game while Hundley was playing, they should have used it mire as another offensive weapon.

I agree the Packers should have run the ball more often against the Panthers but am not surprised McCarthy put the game on Rodgers' back as the entire organization has done that over the past few years.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People simply stated the obvious, during and after the game, that Rodgers did not play well in his first game back. He stated this himself after the game. Having "blinders" on would be hiding from that fact and defending his performance because he's Aaron Rodgers.

The chance that he was going to have some rust was always a possibility going into this game and no one is angry at him for it. There is absolutely nothing to see here.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers can only carry the team by himself for so long when he is 100% healthy,not so much when he isn’t completely healthy. It is apparent that MM was desperate as evidenced by some of the play calling when Rodgers was out and putting it all on him Sunday. I like MM,but I think he has rode Rodgers coat tails the majority of his career. Furthermore,I believe MM lost the team’s ear after the loss to Seattle in the NFCCG. In the words of Bill Walsh 10 years at one HC job is too long and you need to move on. Bye MM,from a fan who appreciates what you have done,but it would be best for the Packers and you to have a fresh start.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Rodgers missed two touchdown passes that were underthrown and picked. But I don’t think a single person in this forum is blaming rodgers for that loss. He was coming off of a broken bone and even though he threw 3 INT we would have tied up that game and went into overtime if Geronimo didn’t drop it. Rodgers somehow managed to keep us in a game, that we should have never been in, in the first place.

D

Deleted member 6794

Furthermore,I believe MM lost the team’s ear after the loss to Seattle in the NFCCG. In the words of Bill Walsh 10 years at one HC job is too long and you need to move on. Bye MM,from a fan who appreciates what you have done,but it would be best for the Packers and you to have a fresh start.

It doesn't seem like McCarthy has lost the team by any means and believe he should be back next season. I wonder what Walsh thinks about Belichick's tenure in New England.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like McCarthy has lost the team by any means and believe he should be back next season. I wonder what Walsh thinks about Belichick's tenure in New England.
Again. Belicheck is a once in a lifetime coach/GM. MM is a run of the mill coach who found lightning in a bottle with Favre and Rodgers

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

MY frustration is more that Hundley gave us the best he had to keep us in the chase and HE got repeatedly slated. He wasn`t the best but he gave the best HE had. The slating was disgusting. I never saw Rodgers get ripped to pieces like that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I started handing out check marks early on, and then I realized that every post except the first one said the same thing, so there wasn't much point in agreeing. :)

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Carolina game was the biggest reason for organization changes in the front office and staff, I don’t blame Rodgers one bit for doing to much, everyone else on this team say a few were doing to little, Arod is a loyal Packer but I know in the back of his mind he’s thinking I’m 34yro when do we fix this problem, my body clock is ticking..

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
MY frustration is more that Hundley gave us the best he had to keep us in the chase and HE got repeatedly slated. He wasn`t the best but he gave the best HE had. The slating was disgusting. I never saw Rodgers get ripped to pieces like that.
That's because if we ripped Rodgers to pieces we wouldn't have anything left. ;)

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We gave up 31. How realistic would it have been to expect Rodgers to single handedly put up more points than that in his first game back, on the road, against a top defense?

The loss of Adams probably was a big factor too. To have him on the field at the end of the game would certainly have increased our chances.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again. Belicheck is a once in a lifetime coach/GM. MM is a run of the mill coach who found lightning in a bottle with Favre and Rodgers
I'm sorry, did you just imply that Favre was playing good football when MM became coach? Did you also just imply that Rodgers was a top QB as a rookie? Sista please...

Favre was a mess for most of the 2000s, drunk with his success, but still possessing the tools to be great and flashing them sporatically. MM whipped him into an MVP candidate in 2007.

Rodgers obviously had the tools to be great too, but not a lot of other teams felt that way. It took years in the system for him to be great. There was A LOT of debate about whether he could even be good when they handed him the reigns in 2008.

Lightning in a bottle my....

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:)
I'm sorry, did you just imply that Favre was playing good football when MM became coach? Did you also just imply that Rodgers was a top QB as a rookie? Sista please...

Favre was a mess for most of the 2000s, drunk with his success, but still possessing the tools to be great and flashing them sporatically. MM whipped him into an MVP candidate in 2007.

Rodgers obviously had the tools to be great too, but not a lot of other teams felt that way. It took years in the system for him to be great. There was A LOT of debate about whether he could even be good when they handed him the reigns in 2008.

Lightning in a bottle my....
To each his own. Not here to debate stats or what have you. We all have our own opinions and you know what they say about opinions.... we all have one:)

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with your take about Belichick but McCarthy definitely deserves credit for the Packers success during his tenure.

Staff online

Latest posts