Does Anyone Remember This Playoff Scenario?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seeing that highlight for some reason makes me mad that they moved the kickoffs. It really does play an important role in games and shouldn't be phased out or "eliminated"

there were a couple of return for td's in that highlight and thats really all i thought about when i saw those, really good post since i had completely forgotten about that!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I miss the old points-differential tiebreaker that was pretty much eliminated when the NFL expanded in 2002. Of course, that would have meant that last year, instead of getting in on the strength-of-victory tiebreaker, we would have seen Tampa Bay and New York trying to score a whole bunch of points to get in over the Packers.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Awesome & Thanks! Love the quip, "...[the Pack go into their] hurry up offense even though they are up 35-17..."

Did Berman ever inhale during that entire 8 minute clip?

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember thinking that if this was how GB gets in to the playoffs they didn't deserve to go and I was glad Dallas lost and GB didn't get in!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wish the NFL would go back to that kind of tie breaker just for games like this. I think the Packers would of still broke the tie breaker last year. Dallas game would of really helped.

L

Lunchboxer

So what was the Point diffrental system of tiebreakers? I dont remember that. Can someone kindly fill me in.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At about 0:31 watch Bill Schroeder jump over Dorsey Levins!
Quite a leap and at the same time, strange way to celebrate a TD!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Anyone else watch this and think "Oh wow, we used to score TD's on kickoffs?" lol

I was amazed by it, and was kind of shocked seeing someone do it wearing green and gold. Just forgot when the last time I saw it. Maybe it was that long ago.

Members online

Latest posts