Do you see my vision now! Jermichal Finley is gonna be the best of all!

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For as many times over the years Brett Farve has helped Green Bay return to and maintain national recognition and domination. Well my good friends he has done it again in a way you might not even know.

Two years ago heading into his last off-season Brett Farve still didn't know if he would be returning to the team or retire. Of course Green Bay knew what they had in Aaron Rodgers because they saw him everyday in practice. The Packers moved on forcing Farve to make a decision too retire, subsequently Green Bay used their 2nd round pick that year on Brian Brohm and a 5th Rounder on Matt Flynn. Once the Summer rolled around Frave decide he wanted to return to the game and we all know what has happened since then.

Well you ask how did Farve help Green Bay. Here it is - approaching the NFL Draft one of Green Bay's primary needs was at TE and I remember reading an article in the Press-Gazette on how if Brett would have told them sooner that he was coming back then they would have used that 2nd round pick on a TE instead of Brohm. The TE they were looking at was Martellas Bennett who was drafted by the Cowboys leaving Green Bay with having to draft Jermichael Finley on the 3rd Round.

Now I know the draft isn't a complete science and you have to have some luck, but the addition of Finley in Green Bay's offense is like the addition of Mathews on Green Bay's Defense. I don't know a Packer Fan out here that wouldn't have traded that 2nd Round Pick along with the 3rd Round Pick for Finley.

He is head and heals better then Bennett and I would go as far to say that he could be the top TE in the NFL being in Green Bay's system very soon.

As I began this thread with the indecision of Brett Farve and Green Bay's decision to move on let Finley fall to Green Bay. Ladies and Gentlemen he has Antonio Gates written all over him because he has the downfield speed and size to create uncover-able match-ups.

Enjoy Packer Fans for years to come

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please stop with that BS. Jermichael Finely is a beast and all , but please stop. That is a huge stretch to be giving thanks to Favre on his waffling.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For as many times over the years Brett Farve has helped Green Bay return to and maintain national recognition and domination. Well my good friends he has done it again in a way you might not even know.

Two years ago heading into his last off-season Brett Farve still didn't know if he would be returning to the team or retire. Of course Green Bay knew what they had in Aaron Rodgers because they saw him everyday in practice. The Packers moved on forcing Farve to make a decision too retire, subsequently Green Bay used their 2nd round pick that year on Brian Brohm and a 5th Rounder on Matt Flynn. Once the Summer rolled around Frave decide he wanted to return to the game and we all know what has happened since then.

Well you ask how did Farve help Green Bay. Here it is - approaching the NFL Draft one of Green Bay's primary needs was at TE and I remember reading an article in the Press-Gazette on how if Brett would have told them sooner that he was coming back then they would have used that 2nd round pick on a TE instead of Brohm. The TE they were looking at was Martellas Bennett who was drafted by the Cowboys leaving Green Bay with having to draft Jermichael Finley on the 3rd Round.

Now I know the draft isn't a complete science and you have to have some luck, but the addition of Finley in Green Bay's offense is like the addition of Mathews on Green Bay's Defense. I don't know a Packer Fan out here that wouldn't have traded that 2nd Round Pick along with the 3rd Round Pick for Finley.

He is head and heals better then Bennett and I would go as far to say that he could be the top TE in the NFL being in Green Bay's system very soon.

As I began this thread with the indecision of Brett Farve and Green Bay's decision to move on let Finley fall to Green Bay. Ladies and Gentlemen he has Antonio Gates written all over him because he has the downfield speed and size to create uncover-able match-ups.

Enjoy Packer Fans for years to come

You really think that a Favre made up all the heartache and drama that he put us through just to have a quality tight end. I not saying Finley won't be a superstar in the coming years but nothing will pay dividends to what he did to us.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not giving Thanks to Brett! But because of the way it ended here for Brett we wound up taking Finley that year in the 3rd Rd instead of Bennett who they probably would have taken on the 2nd Rd had Brett said he was coming back early on.

It was a stroke of luck for us because he has a tremendous upside. That's the only point I was making and if you think that he isn't as dangerous as some of the other elite TE's in the league then just wait because he will make a believer out of you.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here an update from Rotoworld:

Jermichael Finley caught six balls for 159 yards in Green Bay's playoff loss to the Cardinals. He abused Adrian Wilson, to put it mildly. Perhaps no skill player in the NFL finished 2009 with as much promise as Finley, who has yet to turn 23. The athletic freak is used often on red-zone fades, led Green Bay in targets over the final eight weeks, and will be a high-upside fantasy pick in 2010.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you keep bringing this up if you're not somehow trying to give credit to BF for a stroke of luck? Am I missing something here?

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is a baller. He needs to wear the same kind of jersey as the rest of the team though because he looks like a screenshot from Madden. Brandon Chillar wears the same kind of jersey with the screenprinted numbers but his doesn't look anywhere near as bad as Finley.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Why do you keep bringing this up if you're not somehow trying to give credit to BF for a stroke of luck? Am I missing something here?

Exactly. Why not credit him for allowing me not to get into a car accident when I drove through GB when the Packers were playing, thereby preventing me from getting into an accident.

Frrrrrrrrrrppp

Brett didn't do anything for us out of his warm Judas heart. Just a coincidence.

Packer Matt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley has All-Pro written on him! He is young and still learning the game. He is already causing match up problems for defenses and should only get better in the years to come.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is an absolute BEAST, and it's crazy to think how good he is, and he's not even 23 yet. There are MANY great years ahead of J-Mike.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts