1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Do we hold Character in too high regard?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Fair enough. Sometimes I speak in superlatives (or I ALWAYS!!!!!!!! speak in superlatives.....) What I was referring to was his apparent inability to keep his head in the game when he's unhappy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Good families don't cover up bad behavior by their members. Those that do are enablers. The Packers did what was right for Jolly, for instance; and for Favre when he needed rehab for his drug dependence. They did what they could to help, without covering up anything; or looking the other way when that might have been the easiest thing. The opposite of this would be the Ravens' organization, and the NFL, covering up Ray Lewis' involvement in a double murder. Good families, and good organizations don't do these things. Lewis now presents himself as a born again family man, and maybe he is. But he has never accepted any responsibility for the murders, and has never offered any help to the police to solve them. He settled 2 multimillion dollar lawsuits brought against him out of court, with the proviso that all transcripts of the cases be confidential. He's no leader, nor is he a role model for anyone interested in being one.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Is it sad that I now find her slightly more attractive because of bigger hips? va va voom

• Funny Funny x 1