Divisional Game Mnf 10/10/11 , Chi @ Det

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. this is gonna be a big game for the division. Packers are already two games up on the Bears, but I think the Lions are a tad overrated.....So that being said,,,,who are you gonna cheer for? I'm going for the Lions.gotta get those Bears down by the cellar

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I am so going to go on the Chicago Bears message board to hand out poop sandwiches to the Bears fans if Detroit wins.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need the Lions to lose a couple prior to Thanksgiving. If both GB and Detroit are undefeated heading into that game, Packer fans will not get out of Ford Field in one piece when the Packers win that game. It will turn violent. I will not go to that game if they are both undefeated heading in.

OP
OP
Guacamole

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the rest of the Lions schedule, with the next 3 games at home:
Bears on Monday Nite and the Lions get thier first loss
Niners....win
Falcons......lose
@ Denver......win
Bye
@ Chicago.......lose again
Panthers......win
Packers, Thanksgiving Day......Packers win by 10
@New Orleans........lose
Vikings......win
@ Oakland.....win
San Diego, Saturday game......lose
@ Lambeau, final game for both teams.....lose

They end up 10-6 end up missing the playoffs to the lucky Bears

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Lions need to lose however, I don't want the Bears to be the ones to beat them. They got away with a freebie on Detroit last year (imo). I'm rooting for the Lions. Packers will take care of taming the Lions on Thanksgiving, if some other team doesn't do it sooner.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a tied game, with both teams wearing themselves out to exhaustion for only field goals.

This may come to rapid fruition. I foresee a bloodbath in this game. Neither side is going to be willing to relent an inch. That will be the best possible outcome for the Pack.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its gonna be a fun game, cant wait til monday, my girlfriends dad has tickets and asked me to go. If our Tigers take out the yankees in ALDS and we have a home game at Comerica monday as well...thats a recipe for an epic night in downtown Detroit and a crazy crowd up in Ford Field to give Chicago a ton of noise to deal with. Last time both the Tigers and Lions won a world title in the same year was 1935....come to think of it, the Red Wings won the stanley cup that year as well. lol not saying the lions are even going to the playoffs yet, but it really is getting electric here.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its gonna be a fun game, cant wait til monday, my girlfriends dad has tickets and asked me to go. If our Tigers take out the yankees in ALDS and we have a home game at Comerica monday as well...thats a recipe for an epic night in downtown Detroit and a crazy crowd up in Ford Field to give Chicago a ton of noise to deal with. Last time both the Tigers and Lions won a world title in the same year was 1935....lol not saying the lions are even going to the playoffs yet, but it really is getting electric here.

Unless the Lions have a complete and utter meltdown, I think they will make the playoffs. I've said this before but I think there is an excellent chance the Packers and Lions will face each other 3 times this year.

Might as well add the Red Wings and make it a trifecta up there. You can never count them out. I'm not even going to quote odds on the likelihood of any of that even happening but the Red Wings add a little something to it.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol actually I forgot about the Red Wings winning the stanley cup in 1935 as well. We actually did have a trifecta at one point in time! To bad our Pistons are nothing special, but they brought home a title in 04 so its cool.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
This may come to rapid fruition. I foresee a bloodbath in this game. Neither side is going to be willing to relent an inch. That will be the best possible outcome for the Pack.
Bloodbath, I like it. Peppers needs to meet Stafford and get a little personal and Suh should say hi to Cutler again. And let it be a brutal unforgiven game. In Primetime.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bloodbath, I like it. Peppers needs to meet Stafford and get a little personal and Suh should say hi to Cutler again. And let it be a brutal unforgiven game. In Primetime.

Well after forte ran for a career high 205 yards and they only passed 17 times, its going to be tuff to get to cutler unless martz is dumb enough to go back to his one dimensional lop sided pass pass pass play calling.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well after forte ran for a career high 205 yards and they only passed 17 times, its going to be tuff to get to cutler unless martz is dumb enough to go back to his one dimensional lop sided pass pass pass play calling.

But you cats have this thing called, Suh. If they can get pressure on Cutler and rattle him, you guys may be able to force him to make mistakes. Forte is pretty much his only outlet, which would explain his total yardage. One of the most important things: Don't kick the ball to Hestor!

Bears are going to have a time with Stafford and Megatron. Plus they are going to have to contain Suh.

I think the Lions have the edge in this game. I'm not saying I want to see them win, it would be better for my Packers if they lost but I'm just giving an honest critique of the game. It's hard to be objective when it comes to the division.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I hope we dont get cute and just spot the bears the 20. Our special teams have been giving up some good returns :( I am looking forward to a relatively stress free football sunday cheering for the falcons though! Should be nice, not used to primetime scheduling haha

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News on Fairley has been very vague and back and forth on progress which is weird because the Lions are usually up front about injury updates.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This could get ugly for Cutler if the Bears can't run the ball or get behind and are forced to pass.

Bears did run the ball quite well against a bad Carolina Defense, sadly. I don't think they'll have 100+ yards rushing, but they'll get somewhere below 50.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think Peppers could give Stafford some fits. And the Lions don't run the ball very well.

Not sure about this one. It seems like it is set up for the Lions to win easily. But, the Bears have a way of suprising me when I least expect them to.

Interesting though. This years suprise teams are the Lions and Bills. Bills lose a game most felt they win after big back to back comebacks. Lions are now coming off big back to back comebacks and many expect them to beat the Bears. I know the Lions are at home though and the Bills were not.

I have a hunch right now the Bears win a close one. I don't trust the Bears o line but after watching the Cowboys I don't always feel the Lions d line is the Steel Curtain either.

This is a tough game to call right now for me. Lions should win but it's a division game and they are going to get beaten eventually. Jay Cutler just can't go all Tony Romo. Still don't trust the Lions secondary at all but Cutler needs some protection. Bears have to be the more desperate team though in this game, they need division wins badly to keep up with the Packers and Lions right now.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I hope we dont get cute and just spot the bears the 20. Our special teams have been giving up some good returns :( I am looking forward to a relatively stress free football sunday cheering for the falcons though! Should be nice, not used to primetime scheduling haha

Falcons will lose. My team just played the Bucs. The NFC South outside the Saints to a certain extent is highly overrated.

Members online

Latest posts