Division round San Francisco Shout Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't play great, but I wouldn't call it subpar either. We consistently had long fields to drive with 1 of our 2 RB's out with an apparent injury much of the game and Tackles that couldn't hardly stand in the way. Other QB's have multiple fumbles and INT's in games with those conditions and pressure. He probably missed a pass or 2, he wasn't great, but he wasn't really poor either unless of course you want to ignore the defense, our crap oline play and the conditions and forget the GOAT has won super bowls 13-3 himself and think he should have scored 35 pts last night. Then I guess you could say he played poorly.
I don't disagree. We can debate the precise term to use. He missed a few throws and reads, as he himself admitted. But he didn't cost them the game by any stretch.

Reaction score
While I have been through some major disappointments in the playoffs, this one really hurts. For some reason, I just knew we were going to the Super Bowl this year, and it felt that way all season long to me (although I had a bad feeling about this game for some reason). Making this even worse, our window to win a Super Bowl may have closed with the cap situation.

It is going to be an interesting off season. I personally think the Super Bowl window has closed for a while unless Adams wants to take a 1-year team friendly deal so that he can win a Super Bowl in Green Bay, and I think the chances of that is highly unlikely. Even then, we would have to find a way to maneuver contracts to get under the cap to be able to keep the rest of the key players, which I am not sure is even possible this time, unlike last year.

Not sure what Rodgers is going to do. He could retire, which is the worst-case scenario for us because he won't be playing for us, nor would we get anything in return. If it does come down to keeping Rodgers and Adams or the core of the team, I choose keeping the core of the team because I think you can build around that. We are not going to be good regardless and are looking at a rebuild either way with a down year or two at the very least in this scenario anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I had to place blame, I think the injuries and special teams were ultimately the downfall of the team this year. We were able to get by during the regular season but not the playoffs with these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts