Disturbing public display of hate at chicago zoo - please help

OP
OP
C

Chicago Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The press and the politicians are telling us that we can no longer use phrases such as "target" or "in our sights" without inciting discomfort and insensitivity. Agree or disagree this is the current narrative of the country.

So, let’s take recent events out of this argument, no one has died so it is fair to say that that component of the position may be a stretch at this time.

If a business were to publically burn items or articles related to an organization you associate yourself with, post it online and make a PR event of it would you still patronize that organization? It is a very simple question.

So, let’s make it even simpler... if it doesn’t bother you that these items were violently destroyed in a public display by a corporation - then move on... but if it does bother you, I think it is good to let both organizations know that they are isolating a portion of their consumer base and that it may impact their operations...

I personally don’t feel a need to patronize a company that feel has offended me.

Safeway may not have even been aware that the zoo was doing this with an exhibit they were sponsoring. I think Safeway should know that leading into a top 5 weeks for sales (Super Bowl week), a group which they are helping to fund is itself, driving consumers away from its grocery stores.

To those who have said, go have a drink, relax, who cares - you might be right.

It’s going to be a good game tomorrow and hopefully an even better game in Dallas.

Go Pack!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The press and the politicians are telling us that we can no longer use phrases such as "target" or "in our sights" without inciting discomfort and insensitivity. Agree or disagree this is the current narrative of the country.

So, let’s take recent events out of this argument, no one has died so it is fair to say that that component of the position may be a stretch at this time.

If a business were to publically burn items or articles related to an organization you associate yourself with, post it online and make a PR event of it would you still patronize that organization? It is a very simple question.

So, let’s make it even simpler... if it doesn’t bother you that these items were violently destroyed in a public display by a corporation - then move on... but if it does bother you, I think it is good to let both organizations know that they are isolating a portion of their consumer base and that it may impact their operations...

I personally don’t feel a need to patronize a company that feel has offended me.

Safeway may not have even been aware that the zoo was doing this with an exhibit they were sponsoring. I think Safeway should know that leading into a top 5 weeks for sales (Super Bowl week), a group which they are helping to fund is itself, driving consumers away from its grocery stores.

To those who have said, go have a drink, relax, who cares - you might be right.

It’s going to be a good game tomorrow and hopefully an even better game in Dallas.

Go Pack!!!

I said go have a drink lol

And YOU are correct with something..

You have the right to post this, and people have the right to disagree with it

However if you dont agree with him, or think it is over board, dont be a BEAR HEAD (like a **** head LOL) towards him

Move on and let him say his peace

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh. Dude, stop being so sensitive. It was a friggin publicity stunt for crying out loud. You seriously sound like someone who thinks Christmas should be cancelled, because some people don't observe Christmas.

Seriously, find a bong, take a hit and chillax. It's really not that big a deal. I don't see how anyone could be so offended by a stupid publicity stunt as to go on this kind of tirade. Makes me feel sorry for you.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a departure from this debate and the strange path it has taken I just read this interesting little piece about some bar in St. Paul that is roasting a black bear and patrons will literally be eating bear during the game.
St. Paul bar to roast bear for Packers-Bears game - Yahoo! News

That's just morbid.. But the story says the local health department won't permit the meat to be served to customers, since it's unprocessed.

That said, do people actually eat Bear meat?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dammit, I totally skipped over that paragraph in my shock and amazement that people were actual going to be roasting a bear.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

"...politicians are telling us that we can no longer..."

That's the sound of our freedoms going down the toilet and we're hearing it more and more often these days.

Do you really live your life by the word of the press and politicians? Really? Are you a subscriber to the idea that they know what's best for the rest of us?

Heaven forbid anyone in the world feels uncomfortable about anything!

Members online

Latest posts