Disagreement in organization about Will Fuller

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he was a moron....but I think some of you are giving more credit than due.

If Brian Gutekunst knew Fuller might have a suspension for PEDs coming down, do you think he would have been interested in him at all?

And if the Texans knew that, don't you think they would have been more flexible on his trade value?

This is just luck and opportunity happening at the same time.

Just how interested was Gute in Fuller? We may never know but there is a decent chance someone in the media found out Gute inquired about him but Brian lost interest once the Texans told him he was under investigation.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're an NFL player and need a supplement or some kind of prescribed substance it sure would be nice if each team employed people that could supply such things and knew what was allowed and banned. We could even call them team doctors

Doesn't each team give their players a list of substances that are banned? If so then the blame here is on the player IMO.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
As much as I wanted Fuller, after looking at next years cap situation and realizing he would be a half season rental, for the cost of a second round pick, plus 5 million, DAMN did the packers make the right decision. That was even before they realized out of his 6 game rental, he would only get to play in 1 game. Huge win for Gute, plus I am excited about what Tavon Austin could bring to the return game and jet sweep. MLF is dying to get a WR that is successful in the jet sweep.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I wanted Fuller, after looking at next years cap situation and realizing he would be a half season rental, for the cost of a second round pick, plus 5 million, DAMN did the packers make the right decision. That was even before they realized out of his 6 game rental, he would only get to play in 1 game. Huge win for Gute, plus I am excited about what Tavon Austin could bring to the return game and jet sweep. MLF is dying to get a WR that is successful in the jet sweep.
I was always OK with not grabbing him

I rather had Def help

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't each team give their players a list of substances that are banned? If so then the blame here is on the player IMO.

Yes but some of these guys are not too bright and supplements may have hidden or disguised ingredients or ingredients under different names. I am in no way saying Fuller is not responsible but I don't think its as easy as saying here's a list of stuff you can't take.

For a very simple example if someone is told " don't take acetaminophine". They may not know that Pharbetol is acetaminophine and they may assume it is OK. I would think that any such list given to players would include specific examples like that but its not unreasonable to assume there may be some that are not included. As ryder said that is where the players responsibility comes in to clear such things with someone that does know.

I guess I can understand that players may trust people giving them advice and it may not occur to them to question it but when we can look back on numerous instances where players claim they did not know it astounds me players still make that claim.

The bottom line is anyone who is given a list of things to avoid putting into their bodies it is ultimately their responsibility to ensure that nothing they put into their bodies is on that list. If that means using your own knowledge or seeking the advice of someone more knowledgeable so be it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuller is an ignorant fool here. Literally has the league, his agent and most likely the player's union all at his disposal to send the medication to for review before taking. You have to choose to be a fool to not. Idiot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He claims he asked the Dr about the meds being nfl permitted and the Dr said it was approved.

Claims is key word

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more likely, "is this going to get detected or not" was the question

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Where is Jonathan Taylor anyway? I don't even know, which kinda makes your point.

Was catching up on how Rookies did during the 2020 season. Taylor had a pretty good rookie year, despite just being another RB from Wisconsin.
  • 3rd in rushing yards (1169), behind Henry and Cook.
  • 5.04 yd/carry ave.
  • 7th in TD's (11)
  • Only 1 fumble in 232 carries (fumbles was a knock on him)
  • 3rd in 1st downs (69)
  • 36 receptions for 299 yds.
  • 9th in total yds/game

All in all, I think the Colts did pretty well with the 41st pick of the 2020 draft.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was catching up on how Rookies did during the 2020 season. Taylor had a pretty good rookie year, despite just being another RB from Wisconsin.
  • 3rd in rushing yards (1169), behind Henry and Cook.
  • 5.04 yd/carry ave.
  • 7th in TD's (11)
  • Only 1 fumble in 232 carries (fumbles was a knock on him)
  • 3rd in 1st downs (69)
  • 36 receptions for 299 yds.
  • 9th in total yds/game

All in all, I think the Colts did pretty well with the 41st pick of the 2020 draft.

Yeah they did but I think it was clear taylor wasn't in the mold of just another running back from Wisconsin ie a big slow guy. The ones that haven't been those type guys have been successful going back to Terrell Fletcher then james white now taylor although he's obviously on another level with his size and skill compared to those two. He's a prototypical feature back

The question is had he been available at the Packers pick would they have selected him over aj dillon?

During the draft I would have but honestly after seeing dillon play I'm not so sure he wouldn't have had a better year than taylor had he gotten the same number of touches

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah they did but I think it was clear taylor wasn't in the mold of just another running back from Wisconsin ie a big slow guy. The ones that haven't been those type guys have been successful going back to Terrell Fletcher then james white now taylor although he's obviously on another level with his size and skill compared to those two. He's a prototypical feature back

The question is had he been available at the Packers pick would they have selected him over aj dillon?

During the draft I would have but honestly after seeing dillon play I'm not so sure he wouldn't have had a better year than taylor had he gotten the same number of touches

Good points and I agree for the most part. There is no doubt that the Badgers have produced a lot of great offensive lineman and during that time, have had a lot of successful college running backs. Some of these RB's faltered in the NFL and never lived up to expectations. However, some of them have had very good NFL careers. There are some people who use those failed backs as some kind of proof that Wisconsin only produces good NFL Offensive lineman and they are the ones who made the backs look good. While there is some truth to that, I think enough of the backs that had a great career at Wisconsin and then went on to the Pro's and did the same, should make some of that talk look foolish. Taylor is yet another back that many were already declaring an NFL bust before he was even drafted. So I view those rookie numbers as pretty impressive.

The other aspect of some of those failed UW backs to consider, Ron Dayne and Montee Ball come to mind. I don't think it was necessarily their skills or lack there of, at playing football that actually derailed their NFL careers, as much as it was more their life choices that seemed to not work out well. A pitfall of any NFL player, from any college.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I'd update this since Will Fuller is in the news again.

He signed with Miami for 2021 on a one year deal for $10 million. Was still under suspension for week 1.

The Dolphins just announced he's out for this week due to "personal reasons" and don't know if he will be back this year.

Once again, bullet dodged by the Packers.

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He signed with Miami for 2021 on a one year deal for $10 million. Was still under suspension for week 1.

The Dolphins just announced he's out for this week due to "personal reasons" and don't know if he will be back this year.

I think Will went there assuming that Watson would too. This could be his way to force a trade or the organization to force a trade for Watson (which would be dumb). Until we know more, that's the way I've thought about this situation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

One thing about the Dolphins, Texans and Jaguars organizations, they will never be accused of being too intelligent.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

This story is too funny. Reminds me of all the ridiculously foolish statements made by so many posters here less than a year ago.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Speaking of the Badgers, where can I gloat about Jonathan Taylor being yet another Badger RB to follow in their long history of overrated backs?
This didn't age well. Really hilarious that someone would actually make that claim half way into a players rookie season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we may have to create a thread for Jonathan Taylor if this keeps up. What an overrated bust he was, typical Badger running back! :rolleyes: :coffee:

Yeah just ask around in Indianapolis. He won't win MVP, but is certainly a good candidate for OPOTY. He turned it around once he got to Indy. I'd rather be in So Cal, but hey........

Members online

Latest posts