Disagreement in organization about Will Fuller

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very sad and very true. Gluten had a chance to pick an impact player in round 1, my personal favorite was Patrick Queen, but he traded up for a 3rd string QB. It does take years to properly address a draft class. Early returns from Gluten aren't very promising.

I’m not saying that I would’ve picked Love, but Patrick Queen (who I liked too) has not been good so far.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling Jaire a really solid CB is just dumb. I’m sorry, it is. He’s an elite CB, and this year he’s been playing like a top 5 CB.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not saying that I would’ve picked Love, but Patrick Queen (who I liked too) has not been good so far.
I really haven't been following Queen. But there certainly were some WRs available. Oh well, water under the bridge so to say.

D

Deleted member 6794

If I understand his contract structure, it's heavily loaded to the back end as far as cap hit. Ball is probably doing that so they can resign Jones, Linsley, and maybe King, but that's a tall order. So limited ability in FA, meaning he's gonna need a D-heavy draft next year.

In my opinion the Packers would have to release too much talent to have a chance at re-signing Jones, Linsley and King.

It's a pretty unrealistic scenario to play out.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Packers would have to release too much talent to have a chance at re-signing Jones, Linsley and King.

It's a pretty unrealistic scenario to play out.

Correct, they only get to keep one of those 3 and it's Jones.

We all knew this was the end of the line for Linsley. The Packers very very rarely give a linemen or any player for that matter a 3rd contract. (Bakh) And as for King I wouldn't want to overpay for him. I think hes gonna get a lot more money than he's worth especially because his availability just isn't where it needs to be. Josh jackson hasn't been a huge dropoff from king and has a very reasonable 2021 cap number. And Jon runyan has proven he can start on the interior. Gutes gonna have to hit on a few draft picks we'll see if he can get the job done

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Correct, they only get to keep one of those 3 and it's Jones.

We all knew this was the end of the line for Linsley. The Packers very very rarely give a linemen or any player for that matter a 3rd contract. (Bakh) And as for King I wouldn't want to overpay for him. I think hes gonna get a lot more money than he's worth especially because his availability just isn't where it needs to be. Josh jackson hasn't been a huge dropoff from king and has a very reasonable 2021 cap number. And Jon runyan has proven he can start on the interior. Gutes gonna have to hit on a few draft picks we'll see if he can get the job done

My money would be on all three of them walking.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My money would be on all three of them walking.

I'd bet SERIOUS money they all walk, and we have to cut one or two others still. Signing Jones could be done, but you best be ready to scalp the roster quite a bit.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they’ll negotiate with Jones but right now I’d guess the chances to be less than 50-50 they will sign him to an extension.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet SERIOUS money they all walk, and we have to cut one or two others still. Signing Jones could be done, but you best be ready to scalp the roster quite a bit.

Same thing that was said about bakh and his cap number is 11 m in 2021. Why do you think aaron jones would have a cap number in 2021 that is unmanageable? He's inline for about 10m per give or a million

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same thing that was said about bakh and his cap number is 11 m in 2021. Why do you think aaron jones would have a cap number in 2021 that is unmanageable? He's inline for about 10m per give or a million

Again the key is not can we afford Jones, we probably could if we wanted to, the key is who won't we be able to afford if we do.

What did everyone say after the cowboys and Chiefs started giving out all those big contracts? Just wait it will come back to haunt them eventually.

D

Deleted member 6794

As mentioned above the Packers could re-sign Jones as well but would have to make additional moves to fit his contract under the cap.

On top of it you seem to ignore there won't unlimited cap space available in 2022 and moving forward. By hugely backloading several contracts the Packers would have a hard time making significant moves down the road as well.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
.......well not acquiring Fuller turned out to be a blessing. Or perhaps the Packers caught wind of this?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Standing by for all of the people who said Gutekunst is a hapless moron to come in and say he’s a genius.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
“Hey agent, my doctor said I should take [insert prescribed substance here]. Is that allowed?”

“No.”

“Cool.”

That’s all it would take. And that’s why I don’t buy his excuse. He’s probably been on something in an attempt to keep from getting injured.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he was a moron....but I think some of you are giving more credit than due.

If Brian Gutekunst knew Fuller might have a suspension for PEDs coming down, do you think he would have been interested in him at all?

And if the Texans knew that, don't you think they would have been more flexible on his trade value?

This is just luck and opportunity happening at the same time.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he was a moron....but I think some of you are giving more credit than due.

If Brian Gutekunst knew Fuller might have a suspension for PEDs coming down, do you think he would have been interested in him at all?

And if the Texans knew that, don't you think they would have been more flexible on his trade value?

This is just luck and opportunity happening at the same time.

I would think that if the Texans were aware of an investigation and possible suspension, and I can't believe they weren't, they would have to reveal it to any prospective trade partner. I'm guessing any trade would have had some protective clause protecting the new team if a suspension were to happen.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Hey agent, my doctor said I should take [insert prescribed substance here]. Is that allowed?”

“No.”

“Cool.”

That’s all it would take. And that’s why I don’t buy his excuse. He’s probably been on something in an attempt to keep from getting injured.

If you're an NFL player and need a supplement or some kind of prescribed substance it sure would be nice if each team employed people that could supply such things and knew what was allowed and banned. We could even call them team doctors

Members online

Latest posts